Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

maaaayyyyybbbbeeeeee

The Last Jedi as discussed was bad, Solo despite people claiming otherwise was a waste of time as a movie. I just don't trust them to make a Star Wars property that isn't a cash grab anymore. 

that being said, the cast does look interesting... so maybe I'm writing if off prematurely. 

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

maaaayyyyybbbbeeeeee

The Last Jedi as discussed was bad, Solo despite people claiming otherwise was a waste of time as a movie. I just don't trust them to make a Star Wars property that isn't a cash grab anymore. 

that being said, the cast does look interesting... so maybe I'm writing if off prematurely. 

I trust Favreau. 

The Force Awakens, Rogue One were great. Most of the animated shows have been very good. 

Everything is a cash grab. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm curious if the Hulu add on for Disney + is going to be in Canada, too. Because, if I'm not mistaken, right now Hulu isn't available in Canada. That would negate Netflix in a big way for me...

Correct, Hulu is not available. 

It would be nice if they finally launch this in Canada but I wonder how many franchises they would have? The deals with other distributors are probably in place. 

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So here is what I hate... having to have multiple subscriptions to get content. Welcome back piracy!

But you don't have to keep them. So much easier than cable, where you were locked into large basic cable packages, with 50 channels you'll never watch, just so you can see one channel you like AND subscribe to another package with the content you want. Now you can subscribe monthly and drop it when you don't want it. I've done this lots with HBO. 

I pay a ridiculous amount of money just to have all 5 TSN channels and Sportsnet. That's ending very soon. Soon, I'll have DAZN for NFL and EPL and 'ef the rest. 

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

They made an update at the top saying that it's just a dispute over producing credits and they're still renegotiating.

45 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse?

I just didn't get this........I'd heard so much good stuff, then I watched it, and........I dunno. It was not for me. Not sure if it's the animation or the fact that there's all these alternate dimension things......just......no.

30 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Did you grow up on comics and graphic novels?

Sure didn't...until 17to85 talked me into seeing Iron Man 1, I had ZERO knowledge of superhero stuff. I knew of the existence of Superman, Batman and Spiderman....and had seen the Christopher Nolan movies and the Tobey Maguire Spiderman movies........that's about it.

Just now, Noeller said:

Sure didn't...until 17to85 talked me into seeing Iron Man 1, I had ZERO knowledge of superhero stuff. I knew of the existence of Superman, Batman and Spiderman....and had seen the Christopher Nolan movies and the Tobey Maguire Spiderman movies........that's about it.

That's why. It's not for everyone. It is very well done, but it was pretty new in terms of style.

Into the spiderverves really hit it home for the comic and graphic novel people. 

Good on you for trying the super hero stuff out. 

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That's why. It's not for everyone. It is very well done, but it was pretty new in terms of style.

Into the spiderverves really hit it home for the comic and graphic novel people. 

Good on you for trying the super hero stuff out. 

I disagree.  I grew up with Spiderman comics and all the tv shows back in the 70's and 80's.  And I thought Spiderverse was kind of ho hum and I wasn't really into the comic book style animation.

29 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I disagree.  I grew up with Spiderman comics and all the tv shows back in the 70's and 80's.  And I thought Spiderverse was kind of ho hum and I wasn't really into the comic book style animation.

Huh. That is odd, cuz all the comic nerds I know loved it because of the animation style. 

Ah well, it was only generalization- to each their own.

😁