Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not as good as Infinity War, so there's that...

I don't disagree. 

I preferred Infinity War because of all the narratives they needed to tie together. I thought it was a remarkable feat. I also enjoyed it more with the pace and storytelling. 

I'm not sure if it's a better movie. I need to sit down and watch Black Panther again to help me determine where it fits. I remember commenting, at the time to my friends, that it was a top 5 all time Marvel movie. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I don't disagree. 

I preferred Infinity War because of all the narratives they needed to tie together. I thought it was a remarkable feat. I also enjoyed it more with the pace and storytelling. 

I'm not sure if it's a better movie. I need to sit down and watch Black Panther again to help me determine where it fits. I remember commenting, at the time to my friends, that it was a top 5 all time Marvel movie. 

Would be tough to be Top 5, but maybe....All Cap Murca's, Avengers 1 and 3.....easily Top 5 for me......after that a bit of a logjam...

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ive been dying to see Vice but schedule hasnt worked out. What turned you off about it?

Cheney is essentially a pretty boring person, not highly skilled or intelligent so the movie kind of drags.  They use a narrator to explain some of the sub-plots and move the time-line but in the time I gave it I never figured out who the narrator was supposed to represent.

I enjoyed the movie "W" about George W. Bush much more than this one.

well there is going to be such a debate. Star is Born got more nods than Bohemian Rhapsody (but Bradley Cooper isn't going to win, mostly because of the usual pattern of whoever wins the globes or the SAG wins the oscar and the main competition is between Bale and Malek) I still kind of wish that Queen could have wrote a song for BH but.....that's probably what Sascha Baron Cohen would have wanted (but to be fair I've heard No One But you that song really made me cry) I'm surprised that Mary Poppins returns didn't get Oscar love in the acting categories I thought Emily Blunt and Lin Manuel Miranda were delightful in their roles (and less annoying that DVD's accent...sorry but the one time I sat through MP in it's entirety I found his accent distracting and annoying) but it did earn it's nod for Best original song

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 9:29 PM, iHeart said:

well Black Panther won the SAG award for best cast in a motion picture. to me that means...the best picture oscar could go to anyone

"A Star is Born" sure has lost all of its momentum in the Oscar race. It was the clear-cut favorite when it came out, now it will be hard pressed to win anything other than Best Song. And I'll say now if "Black Panther" wins Best Picture then the Academy's attempt to be more inclusive will have severely overreached.

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Maybe we should have a little MBB Oscar contest to see who can call the most winners correctly. I sadly have no prize for the winner, other than bragging rights to the victor. Any interest?

I'm in...

33 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Maybe we should have a little MBB Oscar contest to see who can call the most winners correctly. I sadly have no prize for the winner, other than bragging rights to the victor. Any interest?

well as long as this is for fun, I'm going to say Rami Malek will win best leading actor, he has the golden globe, he has the SAG award, the oscar is essentially his to lose (besides I saw BR twice, loved the hell out of it, definitely worth the wait and the 5+ years in development hell. Yes I noticed the inaccuracies, but they didn't bother me)

and just to be random I'm going to say Spiderman into the Spiderverse will probably win best animated feature, I haven't seen it, but I was disappointed with Ralph Breaks the Internet,  I enjoyed Incredibles 2 very much, especially since it has really been the only Pixar sequel I ever really wanted (and this is saying much since I'm not much of a Superhero film person despite seeing all four reeve era films) but this would be great for Sony Pictures Animation if they win (besides it's not often a studio other than Disney wins in that category)

Animated Short: Bao, next!

Best Song: I know it's probably going to go to Shallow from A Star is Born, but if you heard the nominated song from Mary Poppins Returns you will kind of tear up...it's just a shame that they won't bother with Best Song performances at the oscars this year but then again Trip a Little Light Fantastic isn't nominated and that would have been cool to see on stage.  I really, really, really wish that Queen would release an unreleased song and put it in Bohemian Rhapsody just to qualify for this category, but we can't all get what we want.

Edited by iHeart

20 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well as long as this is for fun, I'm going to say Rami Malek will win best leading actor, he has the golden globe, he has the SAG award, the oscar is essentially his to lose (besides I saw BR twice, loved the hell out of it, definitely worth the wait and the 5+ years in development hell. Yes I noticed the inaccuracies, but they didn't bother me)

Nope- it's going to be Willem Dafoe, for Eternity's Gate. He did an amazing job and he's due.