Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Not much to talk about. There's a fine line and he's done for the short term no matter what his co-stars think about the firing. Least they got the script though for GotGv3.

A fine line that he hasn't crossed in 10 years.  Disney knew about his tweets when they hired him.  So why get rid of him now after all these years?

Maybe it's more his hatred of Trump that they got rid of him.

Edited by Logan007

8 hours ago, Logan007 said:

I'm surprised no one's talked about how James Gunn got fired from Disney.  I think it's stupid that they fired him.  Especially if it's for the posts he made 10 years ago which he apologized for.  And according to Gunn's twitter that sounds like that's what it was.  Posts he's deleted and apologized for and hasn't made comments like that in over 10 years.  I think Disney is being hugely ridiculous.  It's like saying no one is allowed to make any mistakes in their lives even though they've learned from those mistakes.  Really brought Disney down a few notches for me.

It is totally stupid and probably negatively impacts those movies as well. Can't believe that Disney was this over sensitive. GUy made some stupid tweets, realized it was a bad idea and moved on being a guy that everyone seems to like. The fact that Hollywood has actual slimeballs working regularly and this guy gets fired for dumb tweets... unreal.

The worst part about the Gunn firing is that an absolute @#$%sack like Cernovich and his Alt-Right ilk came out winners in this.  Disgusting that Disney caved to scum like that.  Impressive how in the span of about two years things you posted on social media years ago went from being ignored to becoming a fireable offence.  There's no way Disney/Marvel didn't see this stuff 6 years ago when they hired Gunn and they certainly couldn't have missed his apology for it back then too.  It just didn't matter in 2012 I suppose.

Edited by Brandon Blue&Gold

11 hours ago, iHeart said:

What are they going to call it?  9 to 5: Plastic Surgery?

I seriously have a hard time watching a movie or TV show with anyone who has plastic surgery.  It just looks so awful.  I like Stallone but geez man...just let your face get old.  These people are making themselves look worse and worse.  I'd rather watch Carl Reiner with his saggy face then Courtenay Cox or any other person with plastic surgery.  A little can look ok...but these people take it waaaay out of hand.

16 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Blech...what a bunch of scrawny women.  Not really "angels" IMO.  At least the previous movies had a nice mix.

Edited by Logan007

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

Okay it's starting soon

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-cast-announced

I don't understand the hate I really don't is it because 

Reveal hidden contents

They've been killing off characters from previous trilogies? 

Should have killed her off in ep8 instead of turning her into Mary Poppins.

18 hours ago, iHeart said:

Okay it's starting soon

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-cast-announced

I don't understand the hate I really don't is it because 

Hide contents

They've been killing off characters from previous trilogies? 

Han Solo’s death was fine in TFA. It had purpose and drama. Luke’s was terrible and called off a terrible film and especially a lousy characterization of Luke. 

If they had a good way to kill Leia so be it. It’s good to see her but she’s the weakest of the leads. To the extent on TLJ they put her in a coma to sideline her and have her role to Laura Dern. 

JJ needs a miracle to fix the trilogy. 

20 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Han Solo’s death was fine in TFA. It had purpose and drama. Luke’s was terrible and called off a terrible film and especially a lousy characterization of Luke. 

If they had a good way to kill Leia so be it. It’s good to see her but she’s the weakest of the leads. To the extent on TLJ they put her in a coma to sideline her and have her role to Laura Dern. 

I wonder if the fanboys would accept some other angle with Luke where he didn't actually die (maybe some far fetched Jedi power thing where he comes back to life)   and they completely do a re-do with his character?

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

okay I guess I understand that