Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

That sounds great!  Original writers involved and its planned to be a sequel to the original.  I wonder if they will get Peter Weller to reprise his role.  He pretty much looks the same and only his face and voice are needed, appearance-wise, though he'd have to mo-cap (if he cant don the suit) as he created everything about the character and how he moves.

32 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That sounds great!  Original writers involved and its planned to be a sequel to the original.  I wonder if they will get Peter Weller to reprise his role.  He pretty much looks the same and only his face and voice are needed, appearance-wise, though he'd have to mo-cap (if he cant don the suit) as he created everything about the character and how he moves.

I'm the opposite. I'm like Neill has got to get off this resurrection track of 80s movies although if he wants to sign up for a Star Trek movie...

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I'm the opposite. I'm like Neill has got to get off this resurrection track of 80s movies although if he wants to sign up for a Star Trek movie...

The original Robocop was so good.  The sequels were garbage and the remake was awful.  The only scene worth watching in the remake was when he demanded to see his true self and they slowly disassembled him into almost nothing. 

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The original Robocop was so good.  The sequels were garbage and the remake was awful.  The only scene worth watching in the remake was when he demanded to see his true self and they slowly disassembled him into almost nothing. 

I liked the second Robocop too. Wasn’t as good as the first but way better then three and the remake. 

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wonder if they'll cast someone new for Checkov??? It's been a few years since the last film where a new actor could fit in. 

They’ve said they won’t.  The simple idea would be to have him promoted to the Reliant. But since they’ve recast all the characters anyway I don’t have an issue with re-casting. 

There are other legacy characters that could take his place such as Gary mitchell. 

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Rumour has it Star Trek is looking at January to begin filming (which must mean they are pretty far along in every other regard) and looking to cast two female lead villains.

And Quinto said he thinks they'd shoot Trek 5 shortly after (Tarantino's) and he thinks that might be it for that group of actors.

Possible cliffhanger for ST4 then?

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Possible cliffhanger for ST4 then?

It sounds like 4 & 5 are completely different.  The early word was QT's film might even be a different cast and era.  But later word was it would involve this cast.  Seeing as JJ exec produces both, he could connect them but Im not sure it would work.

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It sounds like 4 & 5 are completely different.  The early word was QT's film might even be a different cast and era.  But later word was it would involve this cast.  Seeing as JJ exec produces both, he could connect them but Im not sure it would work.

Long as JJ quashes any Rian movies.

I'm surprised no one's talked about how James Gunn got fired from Disney.  I think it's stupid that they fired him.  Especially if it's for the posts he made 10 years ago which he apologized for.  And according to Gunn's twitter that sounds like that's what it was.  Posts he's deleted and apologized for and hasn't made comments like that in over 10 years.  I think Disney is being hugely ridiculous.  It's like saying no one is allowed to make any mistakes in their lives even though they've learned from those mistakes.  Really brought Disney down a few notches for me.

3 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I'm surprised no one's talked about how James Gunn got fired from Disney.  I think it's stupid that they fired him.  Especially if it's for the posts he made 10 years ago which he apologized for.  And according to Gunn's twitter that sounds like that's what it was.  Posts he's deleted and apologized for and hasn't made comments like that in over 10 years.  I think Disney is being hugely ridiculous.  It's like saying no one is allowed to make any mistakes in their lives even though they've learned from those mistakes.  Really brought Disney down a few notches for me.

I might not have seen all the tweets.  I think Gunn said they were satire but they come across more like someone posting stupid things for shock value.  Immature and stupid.  From what I saw (and as I said, I likely didnt read them all), I dont think a firing was in order.

But I also dont think it means people arent allowed to make mistakes.  Mistakes often have consequences.  Disney is within their right to fire someone if they feel his opinion or actions dont align with their values or simply for business reasons if they think there will be sponsor and fan blow back.  This seemed like one instance where Disney could have "come down hard", Gunn issues a strong apology, did some counseling or volunteer work and everyone moves on.

The real take away from this is, dont be an idiot in social media. If Im anyone with any remote public persona (or a desire for one), I'm scrubbing my social media clean.

I know WWE as a large corporate entity actually vets all potential talent's entire social media as they had some unwelcome surprises and the word was put out that if you have anything remotely negative, you'd best delete it.  There are people with far too much time on their hands who will painstakingly go through your whole life looking for issues to exploit to tear you down.