Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

gee I wonder who he will voice

while I enjoyed the games back in the day when Sega was starting to take off - felt it was Sega's own Super Mario, after watching that god awful woody woodpecker movie a little while ago I have zero faith in these type of movies

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

while I enjoyed the games back in the day when Sega was starting to take off - felt it was Sega's Super Mario, after watching that god awful woody woodpecker movie a little while ago I have zero faith in these type of movies

Nintendo's Super Mario

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Some reports indicating Solo might lose 50-$80 million.

I heard on the radio it's opening weekend was only like 80mill or something, which to most movies is a good week but for star wars is waaaay below expectations.

Its mind boggling tho how much money is spent on production and even with huge figures like 80 mill it's like "turn the lights out kids...christmas is cancelled". someone or ones probably hidden in there with a fake title like Chief Executive Chord Wrapping Guy is really just the cocaine dealer they are spending a huge portion of said budget on. 

22 hours ago, iHeart said:

For those that skipped the 2nd film, it ended with Luke Wilson's character asking, where should they live, the camera pans to the White House and Elle winks

https://deadline.com/2018/06/legally-blonde-3-reese-witherspoon-mgm-kirsten-smith-karen-mccullah-1202402011/

Smells like desperation.

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Solo was a decent movie but I think people are having star wars fatigue.... Need a break for a year or so.

I dont know...Marvel hasnt experienced much in the way of Superhero fatigue.  I read one analysis which said the marketing for Solo was bad, half the lead time of The Last Jedi and didn't do enough to sell the public on that actor as Solo.

I think the Last Jedi disappointing people did have an impact in the sense that the bloom was off the rose as far as Star Wars being automatically awesome.  But had Solo been great, it would have stood on it's own.  Recasting an iconic role is always tough. But I also think the fact Solo was a true stand alone film in that it only had superficial connection to the Saga made it far less interesting to people, especially "casual" fans.

Rogue One was far more connected to the Saga and the re-shoots to add more Vader was done to juice a film that they thought needed it.  Solo didnt have that...other then the "cameo" which was a cool shocker but didnt have anything to do with the rest of the film.  If you watched the Saga in order (notwithstanding that doing so ruins certain aspects of it), Rogue One fits in between Sith & Hope quite nicely.  Solo doesnt.  Its too far removed.  It's too missable in the big picture.

The problem with Solo was that no one asked for it. Han Solo had his arc in the original movies already. There really was no story to tell for him. Then you throw in the fact that you can't just re-cast someone into a role that Harrison Ford made. Just not going to fly with the public. Then you add in shitty marketing and some inexplicable decision to put it right next to Infinity War and Deadpool 2, a couple movies pretty much guaranteed to rake in big money, throw in people legit hating The Last Jedi, yeah it's no wonder Solo flopped. 

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The problem with Solo was that no one asked for it. Han Solo had his arc in the original movies already. There really was no story to tell for him. Then you throw in the fact that you can't just re-cast someone into a role that Harrison Ford made. Just not going to fly with the public. Then you add in shitty marketing and some inexplicable decision to put it right next to Infinity War and Deadpool 2, a couple movies pretty much guaranteed to rake in big money, throw in people legit hating The Last Jedi, yeah it's no wonder Solo flopped. 

The character also didnt make sense to me.  Solo was supposed to be a smuggler, rogue, selfish etc and thus his story arc in the OT.  In Solo, he seemed like the same good guy character we come to know later.  They were afraid to have him be bad.  He was just boring.  And the love story didnt work.  We didnt believe it because we know he ends up with Laia.  In fact, I could buy him as a heart-breaker who sleeps around and uses women...and only when he meets leia does he finally fall in love.  But this film showed us he had another love of his life before Laia.  Weak sauce.

I'd say the writing sucked but I hate to blame the Kasdan's.

They should have left Star Wars in December.  Too much going out during the summer.  Also, they spent way more money on it then they wanted because of the director switch which means they're losing more money then normal.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

DC News.  Jered Leto to get a Joker spin off film (presumably in the Justice League universe).  But Joaquin Phoenix to star as Joker in an origin film that will be branded under a separate DC Origin's banner.  Ugh

When will DC learn...when you're in a hole, stop digging.

My head hurts already.