Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I turned the corner on Craig as Bond.  I like the films.  He's very physical and there is a brutalist style to the movies.  But Im not a big Bond guy so I dont get as upset as others.  I liked Brosnan the best.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I turned the corner on Craig as Bond.  I like the films.  He's very physical and there is a brutalist style to the movies.  But Im not a big Bond guy so I dont get as upset as others.  I liked Brosnan the best.

I've always felt that Craig best represented the Bond of the books, minus the misogyny and obvious racism. Physical and brutal are excellent ways to describe him. 

Latino Review

With news coming yesterday that director James Mangold would direct a Boba Fett standalone film, today we learn that Simon Kinberg will help Mangold write the film. While an Obi-Wan Kenobi anthology is said to be being developed over at Lucasfilm, the new announcement of the Boba Fett film seems to have taken priority over the Kenobi film.

I'm seeing Solo tomorrow night. I'm not that excited but I've had a crazy, stressful week at work, so I haven't spent much time thinking about it.

I was worried that it was going to be a complete mess but the reviews has been positive (but not spectacular). 

I would give it a C. It was fun but a bit too silly at times.

Emilia Clarke couldn't act hurt if she was shot. Just terrible.

Howard did a good job with what he had to work with. 

And Woody Harrelson? He does a good job picking roles for himself. He was very good. 

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Her role in GoT is pretty one note so she nails it decently.  She was not a great choice for Sarah Connors in Terminator though.

Agree, she does Danaerys fairly well but outside of that role she hasn't shown much.  She also wasn't even the 1st choice for GOT - another actress played the role for an un-aired pilot and Clarke only got cast when the original declined to come back to do re-shoots.

29 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Agree, she does Danaerys fairly well but outside of that role she hasn't shown much.  She also wasn't even the 1st choice for GOT - another actress played the role for an un-aired pilot and Clarke only got cast when the original declined to come back to do re-shoots.

And then she pulled the whole "no more nudity" thing.  Like COME ON!

13 hours ago, JCon said:

I would give it a C. It was fun but a bit too silly at times.

Emilia Clarke couldn't act hurt if she was shot. Just terrible.

Howard did a good job with what he had to work with. 

And Woody Harrelson? He does a good job picking roles for himself. He was very good. 

I agree she was god awful in this movie,  I would grade her an F and the rest of the movie a B.    

I thought the action scenes were great and Woody did a really really good job with his role.   

I'm curious to see what changes Howard made to the movie and how it differed from the original vision/cut.

On 2018-05-28 at 7:48 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

She's a pretty lousy actor. I'm still surprised she was cast for GoT, especially in such a prominent role.

They had a hell of a time casting that role, they actually shot a pilot with a different actress at first but re-cast the role. 

Honestly I don't even think Clarke plays the role well at all, I think she just rode the coat tails of a popular well written character and really doesn't have any talent of her own. Before I stopped watching that show because they ran out of source material I used to routinely cringe at how bad she was while trying to be overly dramatic in some scenes. Her presence in a movie instantly makes me think it's going to be terrible. 

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

I agree she was god awful in this movie,  I would grade her an F and the rest of the movie a B.    

I thought the action scenes were great and Woody did a really really good job with his role.   

I'm curious to see what changes Howard made to the movie and how it differed from the original vision/cut.

Ive seen some places say he re-shot 80%.  You can kind of sell from watching that the tone sort of shifted.  I didnt like the film that much and especially the beginning, I thought was awful.  I found it boring.  I think there is a spoiler thread so Ill jump over there

EDIT: Nope, apparently not.  So I wont spoiler anything.  I thought the Solo actor was ok...I get why people say he cant act.  He was good when he was being funny or charming but serious drama, ugh.  Woody was the standout by far.

Film bored me.  The key scenes you want to see, I thought they all under-delivered.  Glover as Lando was excellent too.  Really nailed the role.  I'd rather see a film with Lando than Solo now.

I thought the character of Solo seemed more like a young version of the heroic Han than the precursor to the Han we met in A New Hope.  "I know you're secret, you're a good guy".  "No Im not".  Ummm well, you're acting pretty good throughout the film so...

And as for

Spoiler

Maul

That was definitely the best part and a major WTF.  They have to be careful to not get too fanboy-ish.  I'd assume that scene will dovetail into

Spoiler

Obi Wan film

Edited by The Unknown Poster

11 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hide contents

Maul

That was definitely the best part and a major WTF.  They have to be careful to not get too fanboy-ish.  I'd assume that scene will dovetail into

Hide contents

Obi Wan film

I was hoping the Alden Ehrenreich (had to look it up) would do a better Solo than he did. I was constantly reminding myself that he was Han Solo. Not the end of the world, though, I just never believed it.  Not like Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan. 

Spoiler

RE: Maul - Do you think they have an Obi Wan movie, post Revenge of the Sith, where Obi Wan tracks down Maul? That would be crazy. I love it. 

11 hours ago, JCon said:

I was hoping the Alden Ehrenreich (had to look it up) would do a better Solo than he did. I was constantly reminding myself that he was Han Solo. Not the end of the world, though, I just never believed it.  Not like Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan. 

Reveal hidden contents

RE: Maul - Do you think they have an Obi Wan movie, post Revenge of the Sith, where Obi Wan tracks down Maul? That would be crazy. I love it. 

Spoiler

No that won't happen.  In Rebels (which is canon) they showed how he dies at the hands of Obi-Wan.  So I don't think this and the Obi-Wan film will have anything to do with each other unless they just rehash him killing him.  It wasn't anything spectacular.

11 minutes ago, Logan007 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No that won't happen.  In Rebels (which is canon) they showed how he dies at the hands of Obi-Wan.  So I don't think this and the Obi-Wan film will have anything to do with each other unless they just rehash him killing him.  It wasn't anything spectacular.

11 hours ago, JCon said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I think Maul is too cool and interesting to have in a Solo sequel.  Solo thought the Jedi and Sith were myth so he couldn't have any direct tangles with Maul and even if he did, Maul is pretty powerful.  To me, if they put Maul in the films, it would be underwhelming to utilize him in a big way (and I think they have to) but to then never show what happens, because it happens on Rebels.

Although it would make sense to have him in the Boba Fett film...maybe he hires Fett to track down Solo.  They would also be missing out on a cool moment if Maul doesnt have a duel with Vader and/or confront Palps.

lol you guys may need a solo spoiler thread.... just sayin

Just saw Deadpool 2 last night,  didn't feel it was as good as the first but rarely sequels are,  but it was still a pretty funny movie and worth watching. I liked the rapport between deadpool and cable but felt instead of maybe "The Wolverine" or Logan they could have done this with Hugh Jackman before. The grizzled war vet - no non sense guy antagonized by the smart ass "clown dressed up like a sex toy" 

29 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Just saw Deadpool 2 last night,  didn't feel it was as good as the first but rarely sequels are,  but it was still a pretty funny movie and worth watching. I liked the rapport between deadpool and cable but felt instead of maybe "The Wolverine" or Logan they could have done this with Hugh Jackman before. The grizzled war vet - no non sense guy antagonized by the smart ass "clown dressed up like a sex toy" 

Honestly I think it was pretty similar to the first one, it's just that it's nothing fresh and new, simply more of the same. So if by that definition it's not as good sure, but honestly I think as films they are pretty comparable in terms of quality. 

Hell it's great for the scenes in the credit alone. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly I think it was pretty similar to the first one, it's just that it's nothing fresh and new, simply more of the same. So if by that definition it's not as good sure, but honestly I think as films they are pretty comparable in terms of quality. 

Hell it's great for the scenes in the credit alone. 

I enjoyed that James Bond parody intro,. So much I almost missed the what was being written in the for the cast and credit (though they also did that in DP1). 

It will be interesting to see if they make a DP 3. Personally I think they will because there's such a big market for it,  and seeing all the crap merch they were selling in lines for popcorn yesterday (like wallets,  socks,  stuffies..etc) it would be foolish for the movie companies not to cash in while it's hot.  I think I've seen enough of Colossus and whatever that chicks name is. DP has such a wide variety of interaction with so many different characters in the marvel universe it would probably be really stale to try and pin him up with the same characters for a 3rd movie in a row. Cameo's are fine but focus elsewhere.  

I think if they brought back the concept of the Weapon X program in X-men Origins: Wolverine, they could do wade wilson's character a little more justice then what they did with him at the end of it.  He mentions several times how he was in special ops for over 10 years, maybe backtrack on that. If they were smart though they'd bring in Omega Red as the bad guy in DP3 who has history with the Wepaon X program,  is enemies with DP, Colossus, Cable, Domino, Firefist and Yukio among other if they are sticking strictly to the cast so far in the last DP

Edited by Taynted_Fayth