Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The sequel to Homecoming is slated for 2019.  Tom Holland would no doubt play the role.  He's also scheduled for both Avengers films.  The actor remarked that a deal was being worked out with Sony for him to appear in Avengers.  Which leads me to wonder if the original agreement between Sony and Marvel was essentially a one-off.  Which strikes me as pretty stupid.  Why would Marvel help rehabilitate a Sony property and then not have a long term agreement to use the character?

I suspect the film will take place in the MCU even if it has no obvious ties to the MCU.  With many of the original Avengers probably moving on, Marvel surely wants Spider Man to continue in those films.

As I alluded to a while back in a post (or maybe I dreamt it.. too lazy to look back lol) it would be a favor for a favor.  Marvel wants the fantastic 4 and the silver surfer.  TBH I don't think Marvel really cares to to do the solo hero movies. They are all about the teams and the variety of personalities they bring to the table. IMO it's actually been a key component to their success vs other superhero movies.  They will obviously still do the solo movies like Captain America, Iron Man, Homecoming.. etc but those all (other then homecoming) seem to have been necessities in firing up the avengers - infinity wars..etc

**edit nvm I see 20th century fox owns FF and SS

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Holy ****...okay, I think I'm understanding.......the Venom thing with Tom Hardy is a separate thing, within Sony. A Spidey villain stand alone movie with no Spidey...moronic, but **** Sony, so whatever. The Spiderman Homecoming sequel would have to remain in the MCU.......it's the only way. It just makes sense. 

Are you finally getting into these movies?  You are becoming a nerd, aren't you.

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

Are you finally getting into these movies?  You are becoming a nerd, aren't you.

Oh I saw Iron Man when it came out.....f***ers had me from Day 1.........but you'll never ever get me to read a comic book. 

Edited by Noeller

17 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

As I alluded to a while back in a post (or maybe I dreamt it.. too lazy to look back lol) it would be a favor for a favor.  Marvel wants the fantastic 4 and the silver surfer.  TBH I don't think Marvel really cares to to do the solo hero movies. They are all about the teams and the variety of personalities they bring to the table. IMO it's actually been a key component to their success vs other superhero movies.  They will obviously still do the solo movies like Captain America, Iron Man, Homecoming.. etc but those all (other then homecoming) seem to have been necessities in firing up the avengers - infinity wars..etc

**edit nvm I see 20th century fox owns FF and SS

It makes sense for them to do a long term deal where Sony distributes or whatever and Marvel handles creative, thus reuniting all the Sony marvel characters under the MCU (at Marvel's discretion). 

Trying to spin off a Spidey universe without Spiderman makes little sense.  They'll get a bump from the revitalization of Spider Man (thanks Marvel!) but ultimately it will subscribe to the laws of diminishing returns because how can you go far with Venom without eventually including Spiderman?

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It makes sense for them to do a long term deal where Sony distributes or whatever and Marvel handles creative, thus reuniting all the Sony marvel characters under the MCU (at Marvel's discretion). 

Trying to spin off a Spidey universe without Spiderman makes little sense.  They'll get a bump from the revitalization of Spider Man (thanks Marvel!) but ultimately it will subscribe to the laws of diminishing returns because how can you go far with Venom without eventually including Spiderman?

I wonder if there's an end game for Marvel,  where if they let these companies continue to spit out garbage, they will be forced to sell back the property as it just doesn't make them any money (anymore).  The difference between "the amazing spider man" movies vs Homecoming is night and day  and really Sony should just cut the cord.  They probably bought the property relatively cheap back in 1985 when superhero movies were pure **** and could probably sell it back to marvel for like a billion

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I wonder if there's an end game for Marvel,  where if they let these companies continue to spit out garbage, they will be forced to sell back the property as it just doesn't make them any money (anymore).  The difference between "the amazing spider man" movies vs Homecoming is night and day  and really Sony should just cut the cord.  They probably bought the property relatively cheap back in 1985 when superhero movies were pure **** and could probably sell it back to marvel for like a billion

I think there is a reversion clause.  At a certain time or if Sony (And Fox) go X amount of time (no pun intended) without a film, they revert back.

2 hours ago, Logan007 said:

I have a feeling Rey is talking to Luke at the very end, and Snoke is talking to Rey in the beginning monologue.

I agree.  They spiced it together to create a red herring.  Rey is dressed in her early outfit for the end scene "with" Kylo.  And Snoke is talking about or to Rey.  They want us to assume the one he found was Kylo because that makes sense.  But its not Kylo.  Its Rey.  And I think he's using Kylo to get to Rey maybe...

So in the end, we have a similar Luke story in Rey turning down the dark side offer but we have a larger Anakin story in Kylo being redeemed.  Actually its really just a replay of the original trilogy. lol

The one thing I hope, they dont kill Luke.  If its about the Skywalker family, then he must survive and ride off into the sunset.  But I WOULD like to see some force ghosts of the past like Anakin, Qui Gon, Obi Wan etc.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

But I WOULD like to see some force ghosts of the past like Anakin, Qui Gon, Obi Wan etc.

Anakin's force ghost could be key in redeeming Kylo, especially since he clearly looks up to his grandfather & wants to follow his path. 

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Anakin's force ghost could be key in redeeming Kylo, especially since he clearly looks up to his grandfather & wants to follow his path. 

That's an intriguing idea.  Sometimes I think we over-think aspects.  But in TFA when Kylo is speaking to Vader's helmet, he says "tell me again, Grandfather..."  which implies he's spoken to him already.  One thought is if he commiserates with the sith ghost of Vader but its an illusion created by Snoke/The Dark Side.  And the light side Anakin eventually comes through and shows Kylo the true price of the dark side..the torment at what he's done.

A lot of speculation over what Luke meant in the trailer when he says he's only seen this much raw strength once before and wasnt scared then... in ESB (I think), he tells Yoda he isn't afraid of the Dark Side/confronting Vader.  Yoda replies that he will be.  So if there are cinematic themes between the trilogies, then the thing he was not afraid of before but is now should be the Dark Side, specifically relating to his father.  Ie. either Palpatine or simply the Dark Side in general, but he speaks about seeing raw strength, which is pretty specific.  Is it Vader, is it Palpatine?

Well Disney has basically pulled the plug on Gigantic, this was apparently supposed to the the Lopez's composing follow-up to Frozen but I guess since Frozen 2 is coming. But then again every single Disney Sequel, Pixar related thing, Marvel and Star Wars project probably would have over shadowed that

http://deadline.com/2017/10/jack-and-the-beanstalk-disney-animation-film-shelved-1202185859/

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That's an intriguing idea.  Sometimes I think we over-think aspects.  But in TFA when Kylo is speaking to Vader's helmet, he says "tell me again, Grandfather..."  which implies he's spoken to him already.  One thought is if he commiserates with the sith ghost of Vader but its an illusion created by Snoke/The Dark Side.  And the light side Anakin eventually comes through and shows Kylo the true price of the dark side..the torment at what he's done.

A lot of speculation over what Luke meant in the trailer when he says he's only seen this much raw strength once before and wasnt scared then... in ESB (I think), he tells Yoda he isn't afraid of the Dark Side/confronting Vader.  Yoda replies that he will be.  So if there are cinematic themes between the trilogies, then the thing he was not afraid of before but is now should be the Dark Side, specifically relating to his father.  Ie. either Palpatine or simply the Dark Side in general, but he speaks about seeing raw strength, which is pretty specific.  Is it Vader, is it Palpatine?

I don't know if I'd call it "raw" power,  but the most powerful he had to have seen was really Palpatine using his lightning on him.  Vader never really used much of the force vs him,  it was all lightsaber battles (eventually taking his hand in ESB

Otherwise the only force moves Luke was exposed to in ANH, ESB and ROTJ was Obi wan using the mind trick on storm troopers on Tatooine, His own training on the millennium falcon with the helmet and floating ball,  his force guided strike on the death star, him pulling his lightsaber to him in the cave on hoth,Yoda lifting the X-wing from the dagobah swamp, the force illusion of Vader, and misc force leaps and flips here and there. 

If it's neither Vader or Palpatine it might be talking about Kylo at the jedi temple before he went all homicidal

17 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It's possible Kylo had the same kind of force vision when he touched Vader's helmet as Rey had when she touched the lightsaber.  It's possible that's what he meant by "tell me again".  He wants to see the force vision again.

As for the raw strength he's seen before.  He may be referring to Kylo.  He wasn't scared when he saw Kylo's raw power, but he tried teaching him anyway and failed, and now Rey wants him to teach her and he is scared of this power.

5 hours ago, Logan007 said:

It's possible Kylo had the same kind of force vision when he touched Vader's helmet as Rey had when she touched the lightsaber.  It's possible that's what he meant by "tell me again".  He wants to see the force vision again.

As for the raw strength he's seen before.  He may be referring to Kylo.  He wasn't scared when he saw Kylo's raw power, but he tried teaching him anyway and failed, and now Rey wants him to teach her and he is scared of this power.

That's exactly how I took it but I'm also pretty sure that's what they want us to think.

15 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

That's exactly how I took it but I'm also pretty sure that's what they want us to think.

The only thing I dont like about that is, since Luke saw Vader, Yoda, Obi Wan and Palpatine (not to mention himself), that its sort of akin to Starkiller Base being bigger & badder version of the Death Star - Kylo is a bigger and badder version of every other force user.  Which doesnt make sense from what we know of Anakin (and Palpatine).  Kylo got whooped in a fight by an untrained Rey.

Kylo did some stuff (like freezing a blaster bolt mid-air) that we hadn't seen previously so he could very well be (or at least have the potential to be) stronger than them and Rey is a step up from him.  She also caught him a bit off guard too since he knew she had some strength but I don't think he was expecting that.

Her potential could be the reasoning for hiding her away on Jakku... fearing that if Snoke got his hands on both Rey & Kylo, it could be game over for the Jedi.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Actually now that I think about it more, Luke could be talking about Rey.  if he's the one that hid her away because of her power.  And potentially used a Jedi Mind Trick to make her forget. 

The other thing I'm thinking, is he means Snoke.  Perhaps Snoke came from beyond the dark regions and enlisted as an apprentice to Luke (even though he was older).  Then he turned Ben over to the dark side while he was being taught to use the force by Luke.  Remember, Leia knew about Snoke in the Force Awakens.  And Han says one of Luke's pupils turned on Luke and destroyed everything.  Perhaps he got those scars he has from battling with Luke, hence why Snoke is so persistent in finding the Last Jedi and destroying him as Luke is the only one who can take out the First Order.  Does Kylo really have the power to do that?  Or maybe it's actually Snoke that was the pupil.

Anyway, just one of my theories.

Edited by Logan007