Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

57 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I still liked IM3 better than either Thor and Ermagherdierns of the Galaxy, just because I can't handle "outer space"/"other world" bullshit. I'll take anything that happens on earth vs anything that doesn't....

Oh yeah, well you suck.  GET OUT OF OUR NERD KINGDOM!

23 minutes ago, Blueballz said:

How can Batman even hold a candle to Superman? Hell he got his ass whupped by Bane...

Not the same Batman.  Also, the suit he's wearing is either Kryptonian in some nature, or it's laced with Kryptonite.  Because he's able to hold his own in the trailers when he stops Superman's punch.

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A friend of nkne keeps making that argument. He says the movie is so stupid because how can batman fight superman. I say we'll wait til you watch IT  before you judge it. Nope, he still thinks it's stupid. 

thats a pretty easy argument, straight up bruce wayne vs superman is no match, but it's more then obvious in the trailers Batman is wearing a specialized suit different from his ordinary costume. Lex Luthor was notorious for making himself enhanced suits to keep up with metahumans and superman (such as one with kryptonite) so it's not hard to assume Batman takes the same approach

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

the only reason I dont think Batmans suit is made with Kryptonite is because in the trailers, Superman is still fighting him with some vigor. Kryptonite renders superman a helpless drama queen.  but I could see Batsy pulling out a rock when things start going supermans way in the fight as a last ditch effort

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

There's a reason why people prefer Batman to Superman. Superman's a ****!

Okay maybe not, but he's Superman. He's pretty much unbeatable until Kryptonite is introduced into the equation,

Best thing that could happen is that he's killed off in BvS.

He's tough to write for bexajse he's so powerful. But Chris Reeve brought such a depth of character to the role. Those superman films suffer a bit due to the era in which their made but in many ways are still far superior to Man of Steel. One reason I prefer Superman Returns to MoS is that its was made in the spirit of the originals as a sequel. And it showed. 

The only thing I liked in Superman returns is the fact superman and lois had a kid that was kept low key until midway-end of the movie.  it could have opened a door for something, but probably nothing more then a movie aimed at a younger audience. I also like that Spacey's Lex made a krypto-shank

IIRC theres a couple times Superman has lost to mortals, mainly Lex and Batman. I cant remember if both used Kryptonite or the red sun, or a combo of both, but I know superman can be killed.  I think the batman feud took a wicked long time tho so I guess halting it, to thrown in the Justice League Start up is a good diversion to kinda call off the fight and continue on.

50 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The thing i hated most about SR is that the actors looked like they were just out of high school instead of being in their 30's. Spacey was good but chitty henchmen - I mean the worst - and that whole lifting up the island of Kryptonite?

I like Spacey but he was a bit too serious for a character that was supposed to be Hackman's Luther. 

Lois was miscast. But superman was well cast. 

10 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

the only reason I dont think Batmans suit is made with Kryptonite is because in the trailers, Superman is still fighting him with some vigor. Kryptonite renders superman a helpless drama queen.  but I could see Batsy pulling out a rock when things start going supermans way in the fight as a last ditch effort

The thing is, we don't know how this Superman will react to Kryptonite.  Will it just weaken him, or will it turn him into blubber.  Also, his suit may only be laced with small amounts of Kryptonite, seeing as it's probably quite rare.

In any case, his suit is some kind of crazy armor that either increases Batman's strength, or decreases Superman's.

I wonder if his armor is made from parts of one of the ships that crashed.  It's pretty bulky after all.  Although, you then have to wonder how he could have shaped the suit.  I mean, what kind of machine do we have on Earth that could manipulate an armor so strong that it could counter a punch from Superman?

17 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

The thing is, we don't know how this Superman will react to Kryptonite.  Will it just weaken him, or will it turn him into blubber.  Also, his suit may only be laced with small amounts of Kryptonite, seeing as it's probably quite rare.

In any case, his suit is some kind of crazy armor that either increases Batman's strength, or decreases Superman's.

I wonder if his armor is made from parts of one of the ships that crashed.  It's pretty bulky after all.  Although, you then have to wonder how he could have shaped the suit.  I mean, what kind of machine do we have on Earth that could manipulate an armor so strong that it could counter a punch from Superman?

that's actually a really good point.  We're making assumptions based off past incarnations of the character (and probably the CR films).  Who knows what Snyder will do with Kryptonite...

22 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I thought about the ship, cuz Bruce wayne would have figured out Clark Kents identity long before vice versa, and since the events of MoS bruce could have gone looking around smallville, either for the ship or some kryptonite, as that would be as likely a place as any to find some. 

I do believe however that the Bat suit is lead in the helmet to protect Waynes identity from Supermans x-ray vision, not sure about the rest tho

_1436412118.jpg

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I thought about the ship, cuz Bruce wayne would have figured out Clark Kents identity long before vice versa, and since the events of MoS bruce could have gone looking around smallville, either for the ship or some kryptonite, as that would be as likely a place as any to find some. 

I do believe however that the Bat suit is lead in the helmet to protect Waynes identity from Supermans x-ray vision, not sure about the rest tho

_1436412118.jpg

I think the key is Lex.

36 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'm not sure if he cares Superman knows his identity as he's showed up to Superman with just his regular mask on.  Also, lead is super heavy, so I'm not sure that would be part of the design.  Who knows though.

6 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Here's an R rated animated movie by seth rogen featuring all the usual suspects *warning theres quite a few F bombs* looks like it could have some potential - and a damn rip off of a story i wrote a number of years ago when i was experimenting with some stuff :unsure:

Uggh...Seth Rogen...I wish he would just stop.

It is a little funny though I will admit.

Edited by Logan007

Regarding how BvS will open, here is a Latino Review report:

On March 3, we published the initial box office outlook for BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE. That report included early predictions based on pre-sales.

Now Deadline has released updated projections, and they are very encouraging for Warner Bros. According to current pre-sales, BATMAN V SUPERMAN is outpacing DEADPOOL, THE AVENGERS, and is actually about on-par with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. T

hat last film ended up with a $160 million opening weekend. BATMAN V SUPERMAN, though, is still projected to land somewhere in the $140 million range, with a global cume between $300 and $340 million.

On the demographic end, the audience is skewing heavily towards males (78%) between the ages of 18 and 49. 70% of those buyers will be seeing the film in its opening weekend. So the pre-sales are looking great, but the overall projections haven't shifted much.

There's still reason to believe that these estimates are on the conservative end. Read more at: https://tr.im/RvPtD
Edited by The Unknown Poster

Apparently Paramount pulled "The Little Prince" (or whatever its called) from release next week amidst rumors of them being broke!  I havent seen too much about this other than on a couple of Trek forums I read though... some disconcerting opinions over the lack of marketing for the new Trek film too.  Looks like Paramount is for sale too...