The Star Trek Thread!

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Agree. DS9 was the best. The only thing I didn't like about that series was making Sisco one of the prophets. I believe in God myself but I don't go to church. For me, there was too much religion in that show almost to it's detriment. I'd have also liked Dukat to have had a better final ending. Like becoming an ally of Sisko,  The way they were in the introduction of the Maquis when they worked together. They didn't like one another but begrudgingly respected the other. I wish that would have been built upon. I saw that as a lost opportunity to really make the show go in a  different direction. 

Back to Enterprise... I liked the Xindi Arc better than the Temporal Cold War. I don't think those arcs were boring at all. I think if they waited a year to get Enterprise into space the series would have been cancelled after a single season.  My premise is why go exploring into The Great Unknown with just one ship & no idea who or what is out there? Build up your defenses of Earth first & then when you have a fleet of say 5 or 6 ships then start your exploration.  They should have had Trip & T'Pol get married.  Serving ten years together after what they went through losing a baby & then shrugging it off by just becoming work colleagues after that  in the final episode & then killing Trip off was a travesty. As was making the final episode a hologram for Ryker to study. I think not bringing T'Pol & Trip together in marriage & the whole final episode being a hologram was a final **** You by Rick Berman & Brannon Braga  to fans who hated the show. 

Connor Trinnear said that Scott Bakula was furious with the ending but he never let his anger get in the way of filming that final episode. Trinnear also said that when the cast found out how the series ended they were all in shock. 

Oh yeah that final episode was awful.  What a slap in the face. Bakula should have used his leverage to nix it. But he’s a class act.   Still waiting for a Quantum Leap revival though. 

apparently the temporal Cold War was to be resolved with Future Guy being Archer himself.  Meh. 

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

That would never fly- Klingons get frisky only every few years and Trip would probably not hang around waiting for that. And when she experienced pon farr, it would likely kill him anyways.

I don’t think Vulcans can only mate every seven years.  I think they’re just compelled to.  B’elana and Paris were married with children on VOY. 

And T’Pol and Trip did have a child that didn’t survive 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Oh yeah that final episode was awful.  What a slap in the face. Bakula should have used his leverage to nix it. But he’s a class act.   Still waiting for a Quantum Leap revival though. 

apparently the temporal Cold War was to be resolved with Future Guy being Archer himself.  Meh. 

I read that as well. We don't know how that would have played out had the series gone 7 seasons.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I don’t think Vulcans can only mate every seven years.  I think they’re just compelled to.  B’elana and Paris were married with children on VOY. 

Belanna was a half Klingon. Her father was human. He ran out on his family. 

From the link I posted:

One way to interpret pon farr is that Vulcans only have sex once every seven years. However, TOS writer and continuity story editor D.C. Fontana once explained that pon farr is not the only time Vulcans feel romantic attraction, sexual desire, or engage in sexual activity:

"Vulcans mate normally any time they want to. However, every seven years you do the ritual, the ceremony, the whole thing. The biological urge. You must, but any other time is any other emotion – humanoid emotion – when you're in love. When you want to, you know when the urge is there, you do it. This every-seven-years business was taken too literally by too many people who don't stop and understand. We didn't mean it only every seven years. I mean, every seven years would be a little bad, and it would not explain the Vulcans of many different ages which are not seven years apart." – D.C. Fontana (Captains' Logs: The Unauthorized Complete Trek Voyages)

Best Star Trek Series: Deep Space Nine.

Worst Series: Voyager

Best Episode: The Tholian Web. (Introduced the Tholians as well as the USS Defiant. The story of the Defiant's fate is told many years later in Star Trek: Enterprise.

Worst Episode: These Are The Voyages: Star Trek: Enterprise.  (What a final **** you to the fans by Rick Berman & Brannon Braga who were the Executive  Producers of Enterprise).

Best Captain: Benjamin Sisko. 

Worst Captain:  Catherine Janeway  (She always preached The Prime Directive to others but ignored it when it suited her). 

Smartest Captain: Jean Luc Picard (Expert on geology, archaeology, played the flute, an avid fencer, loved Shakespreare, 1930's crime novels  & a voracious reader). 

Dumbest Captain: Catherine Janeway. (Stranded her crew in the Delta quadrant. A 75 year journey home & she kept taking detours to check out spacial anomalies).   

Best First Officer: Mr. Spock.

Worst First Officer: Michael Burnham (Started an inter galactic war & killed her Captain).

Best Doctor: Leonard McCoy ("I'm a Doctor not a bricklayer").

Worst Doctor: Katherine Pulaski (Fans couldn't stand her & the way she treated Data. Not even Picard liked her. Given the boot after one season).

Best Engineer: Geordie LaForge.

Worst Engineer: Wesley Crusher (No one likes snot nosed child geniuses).

Most Overrated Character: The Doctor on Voyager. (The episode Virtuoso where he sings for a planet of unappreciative aliens is one of the worst Trek episodes ever made). 

Most Underrated Character: Chakotay (So underused by the writers at the expense of the Doctor who got more & more stories as Voyager went on).

Most Misunderstood Character: Odo

Most Beloved Character: Mr. Spock & Mr. Data (tie).

Most Hated Character: Wesley Crusher & Neelix (tie).

Most Arrogant Character:  Seven Of Nine

Most Humble Or Nicest Character: Lt. Nyota Uhura.

Best Newcomer: Captain Christopher Pike of Star Trek:  Discovery. 

Worst Newcomer: Dr. Agnes Jurati  of Star Trek: Picard.

Best Villain: The Borg.

Worst Villain: Q  (Biggest ******* in space. Also the most boring villain of all Trek series. 

Best Quote:  "Brain and Brain. What is Brain?" Kara: Spock's Brain. Star Trek: TOS Season 3, Episode 1.

Funniest Star Trek Moment: Q giving Data a moment of laughter.

Saddest Star Trek Moment:  Trip & T'Pol's infant daughter passes away.

Who Would I Want To Have A Beer With? Myles O'Brien.

Who Would I Want In A Bar Fight Beside Me? Worf.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Perhaps I’m in the minority but I liked Jurati 

Didn't like her at all. I still think that Elnor, the Romulan Samurai was a waste of a character.  The writers could have had him save Hugh but instead decided to kill off another beloved Star Trek character just because they could. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Didn't like her at all. I still think that Elnor, the Romulan Samurai was a waste of a character.  The writers could have had him save Hugh but instead decided to kill off another beloved Star Trek character just because they could. 

Agreed. Hugh was a much more interesting character. Especially at this point. The Romluan was just another whiny mopey character.

When you look at that episode & storyline what was the reason for killing Hugh? There was none. None at all. He could have been seriously injured but recovered. ******* writers just did it like JJ Abrams did with the alternate Trek universe because he didn't want to follow decades of Star Trek cannon. If these writers, directors & producers can't build upon the past then don't get involved. Go do another series or movie. 

11 hours ago, tacklewasher said:

Agreed. Hugh was a much more interesting character. Especially at this point. The Romluan was just another whiny mopey character.

They just failed to use Elnor properly. Picard kept telling him to stay away. Why would Picard want him along & then make him stay in the background the entire 10 episodes while depending on the wacked & drugged out Raffi Mussiker instead? I kept waiting for  him to steal a scene with his sword fighting but it never happened. He was truly useless. I found Dr Agnes Jurati to be an easily manipulated, weak & wishy washy character with really not a lot of redeeming qualities.  The second "WTH is she doing in this series" character of Picard's crew along with Elnor. I'm hoping he is allowed to break out in the second season. 

A kernel of a good idea that spun widely out of control. There was no need to bring in half the names they did. I don't particularly care if Hugh was killed because this time period has already been overused. 

• 3 weeks later...