The Star Trek Thread!

4 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Finally was able to watch it.  I really enjoyed it.  I wonder how Data made his daughters without anyone else knowing about it.  I guess what happened with Lal probably made him distrust wanting anyone to know he was doing it again.

I trust the Romulan's that are with Picard.  Not sure about the rest of them.

Well apparently there was a comic book with the back story of Picard's house guests.

Since this is general Star Trek thread, I wanted to ask everyone what their favourite Star Trek star ship is? 

Mine has always been the Romulan Bird of Prey. I love the lines and aggressive nature of it. 

LYQW6.jpg

Another cool one was the Defiant (after they turned into a war ship):

defiant_class_ortho___uss_defiant_by_unu

I tend to like the more aggressive battle ships. 

28 minutes ago, JCon said:

Since this is general Star Trek thread, I wanted to ask everyone what their favourite Star Trek star ship is? 

Mine has always been the Romulan Bird of Prey. I love the lines and aggressive nature of it. 

LYQW6.jpg

Another cool one was the Defiant (after they turned into a war ship):

defiant_class_ortho___uss_defiant_by_unu

I tend to like the more aggressive battle ships. 

I always loved the war bird too (bird of prey was a different ship usually associated wirh the klingons but also used by romulans when TOS, to save money, used the same design for both). 

I was surprised to see a trek forum with fans saying how they hated that ship. 

Defiant is classic.  I love the Enterprise re-fit from TMP.  

24 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I liked episode two. I think Stewart is acting his ass off.  

There were moments I didn’t love.  The backstory of the secret Romulons seemed convoluted, convenient &  and unnecessary.  The bad guys seemed a bit too moustache twirling.  But yeah, it was good! 

Director getting fancy on us in two scenes. First, the flipping back between France and the apartment while Picard talks to his Romulan friends/houseguests. Oh FFS lets call it like it is! They are his slaves!

Second time was seeing Picard's image off the glass of the clock.

At this point Watchmen makes more sense then Picard.

15 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Director getting fancy on us in two scenes. First, the flipping back between France and the apartment while Picard talks to his Romulan friends/houseguests. Oh FFS lets call it like it is! They are his slaves!

Second time was seeing Picard's image off the glass of the clock.

At this point Watchmen makes more sense then Picard.

The clock was a great scene.  What doesn’t make sense?  I think the story is pretty good. They’ve set up a mystery but it’s not nonsensical at all.  

Story is straightforward enough. I'm not sure I understand the comment about the Romulan slaves? They obviously work for him and see him as a hero to the Romulan people. They have complicated backstory and their current "station" in life is not reflective of their past but more a reflection of their duty to Picard. And, they're semi-retired. 

22 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Tis joke :)

Saying Picard is a slave master tis no joke. I happen to like the slower pace of Picard. Not like Discovery where the action starts thirty seconds in, goes the entire episode, things blowing up, ships being destroyed & life forms being killed. All the while trying to keep up with a plot that goes in 3 different directions simultaneously. 

• 3 weeks later...

I called that from day one. But it will be funny to see the producers who claimed they had to move disco to the far future to escape the constraints of canon claim that canon won’t be an issue for a Pike series lol

Apparently the Sec31 show has been pushed back.  I doubt we see that one to be honest.  

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I called that from day one. But it will be funny to see the producers who claimed they had to move disco to the far future to escape the constraints of canon claim that canon won’t be an issue for a Pike series lol

Apparently the Sec31 show has been pushed back.  I doubt we see that one to be honest.  

Things have changed right? The Star Trek rights are no longer split and are together under ViacomCBS. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

Things have changed right? The Star Trek rights are no longer split and are together under ViacomCBS. 

Correct although I don’t think they are operating that way yet.  The film division is still paramount and the tv division is still cbs.

It didn’t really matter before.  It’s just poor creativity to say they can’t write a good program within the sandbox of canon.  Disco was just poorly conceived.