The Star Trek Thread!

1 minute ago, Logan007 said:

Yeah, I heard something about them adding hair and adjusting the face a bit.  They had way too much prosthetic makeup on their faces in the last season.  Sounded like most of them had a hard time talking.

I didnt have an issue with it in the sense, the Klingons are always changed, sometimes season to season (like in TNG).  But Fuller's reasoning seemed limited to "because I can".  Change for change sake never works.   The biggest problem Star Trek has faces over the years is the perception that it needs fixing.  It doesnt.  It isnt Star Wars and never will be.  Its not supposed to be Space Fantasy/Adventure.  Its Science Fiction/Drama.  

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I didnt have an issue with it in the sense, the Klingons are always changed, sometimes season to season (like in TNG).  But Fuller's reasoning seemed limited to "because I can".  Change for change sake never works.   The biggest problem Star Trek has faces over the years is the perception that it needs fixing.  It doesnt.  It isnt Star Wars and never will be.  Its not supposed to be Space Fantasy/Adventure.  Its Science Fiction/Drama.  

After ST:ID they could have gone a much simpler makeup route.

5 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Yeah, I heard something about them adding hair and adjusting the face a bit.  They had way too much prosthetic makeup on their faces in the last season.  Sounded like most of them had a hard time talking.

I hope so. It was stupid to have changed them in the first place. #RomulansWeNeedMoreRomulans. 

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

According to the Space Channel’s website, the Short Trek episode “Runaway,” will air on October 4th at 8CST.

Edit: New date

What is this episode you speak of?  Is this part of Discovery or something else?

28 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

What is this episode you speak of?  Is this part of Discovery or something else?

Yes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-discovery-spinoff-short-treks-set-at-cbs-all-access-comic-con-2018-1128754

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

47 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Other than the alternate universe Spock has never had a beard. Be interesting to see what it means. 

I think it just means he was away from a razor for awhile. I could be wrong but I suspect it’s just meant to convey a journey or situation where he becomes unkempt. 

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think it just means he was away from a razor for awhile. I could be wrong but I suspect it’s just meant to convey a journey or situation where he becomes unkempt. 

It would be interesting if it was the evil Spock. A being with his logic would be a chilling psychopath. No feelings & no emotions. He'd make Lorca look like a Boy Scout. 

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It would be interesting if it was the evil Spock. A being with his logic would be a chilling psychopath. No feelings & no emotions. He'd make Lorca look like a Boy Scout. 

I think they’re playing it straight. If they go right back to mirror twist it becomes a bit of a parody. They already have mirror Phillipa running around. 

Plus he’d have to have been mirror on the enterprise since we know the enterprise, Pike & Number One are all in this season.   I think it’s just that he’s been out of civilization for awhile so his hair and beard grew. 

Probably to make for a visual contrast from when we first see him (sort of disguised behind the beard and hair) and when he cleans up and we see him for the first time in uniform looking like classic Spock.