The Star Trek Thread!

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

This is pretty much true. First half great, second half...

The GFX overwhelmed everything.

Anyone who bitched at JJ for the number of Enterprise shuttles in 2009 owes him an apology.

As for the ending...

Well we know now they are bumping the show up 300 years(cringe^8). BTW why is it always 75 or 300? TNG...Alien movies...

But what if they killed off DISCO crew and followed Pike ENT? 🤔

It’s actually 950 years into the future the disco is going. 

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think Anson's popularity will get him a spin off. He was a crazy good captain. top five star trek captain for sure.

There is a petition to that. And Kurtzman said he’s heard the fans on it.  Mount said they’d have to be creative if they want him back and mentioned the long shooting time. 

Peck sort of laughed and have a no comment so it would sound as if there have been discussions at least. 

I’d rather have Pike then Sec 31.  And since they claim moving disco 950 years into the future is to free them from canon, it sort of doesn’t make sense that they’re developing a sec 31 show in the old disco era 

Less tilly more detmer... yes please.

And i thought i was the only one with a h-on for Detmer.

I think Anson's popularity will get him a spin off. He was a crazy good captain. top five star trek captain for sure.

Can always Picard-type series this crew a show.

25 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It’s actually 950 years into the future the disco is going. 

Okay, read 300. 950! So connection to the start of ENT season 4 maybe.

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

And i thought i was the only one with a h-on for Detmer.

Can always Picard-type series this crew a show.

Okay, read 300. 950! So connection to the start of ENT season 4 maybe.

No connection to anything. They are far enough in the future that they aren't bound by Star Trek Canon anymore.  They can make their own. Kind of an easy way out for the writers,  if you ask me. 

Not a bad ending; however, I hated that they inoculated everything at the end by making everything Discovery classified. A cheap way of explaining why we never heard of it in future ST series'. 

I mean, it was well known that Michael "started" the Klingon war and that she was the First Officer on Discovery. It just seems a reach to make the entire ship classified. Spore drive, sure, it was already classified. 

Merger talks between cbs and Viacom are ramping up again.  

In terms of Trek news it would bring the TV and Film sides back together.  Most likely Alex Kurtzman would end up producing new films if that happened. 

The bigger picture is helping CBS in the so called “streaming wars” by making them a bigger player.   

A combined entity would also make a better acquisition for the bigger dogs. 

• 3 weeks later...

I FINALLY finished the season.  Man that was good.  The only thing I didn't like was all the small shuttles.  Like...where did they all come from?  Their space dock isn't that big.

But yeah, I NEED MORE PIKE AND SPOCK!  I want a series on this Enterprise with Pike at the helm.  That's the series I want the most.  Anson was so awesome as Pike.

3 hours ago, Logan007 said:

I FINALLY finished the season.  Man that was good.  The only thing I didn't like was all the small shuttles.  Like...where did they all come from?  Their space dock isn't that big.

But yeah, I NEED MORE PIKE AND SPOCK!  I want a series on this Enterprise with Pike at the helm.  That's the series I want the most.  Anson was so awesome as Pike.

Agreed- it was an Epic season. And Anson Mount KILLED it as Pike. 

22 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

All those people who complained about the number of shuttles in Trek 09 owe JJ Abrams an apology.

Why?  The Kelvin timeline is garbage.  The third movie was ok, but the other 2 were just bleh.

I don't even recall the scene with all the shuttles.