Next year's line up?

Ducky

I like him to but someone has to go, no?

Especially if Morrissey makes the team next year.

Buff, Myers, Trouba, Enstrom, Chiarot, Postma, Stuart, Harrison, Clitsome and Harrison......Pardy is an UFA.

That's 10 D men not counting the farm like Ellerby and Kitchton.

Postma, Ellerby and Chiarot are all RFAs after this year and I can't see them letting Postma and Chiarot walk for nothing.

Better to re-sign them even if you are going to trade them but who knows.

I wouldn't trade any of the first 4 and Stuart will get you the most of the remaining 6 not counting Morrissey.

I like him to but someone has to go, no?

Especially if Morrissey makes the team next year.

Buff, Myers, Trouba, Enstrom, Chiarot, Postma, Stuart, Harrison, Clitsome and Harrison......Pardy is an UFA.

That's 10 D men not counting the farm like Ellerby and Kitchton.

Postma, Ellerby and Chiarot are all RFAs after this year and I can't see them letting Postma and Chiarot walk for nothing.

Better to re-sign them even if you are going to trade them but who knows.

I wouldn't trade any of the first 4 and Stuart will get you the most of the remaining 6 not counting Morrissey.

I can see them letting Postma, Clitsome walk. I've liked Harrison but his age is up there.

I don't really see any scenario where Bufuglien is with the Jets long term. Trouba, Buff and Myers are all RHD. Trouba ain't going anywhere. Myers is proving he's a #1 D-man who is signed to an amazing contract until 2019 (at around $4.5 mill per season). There simply aren't enough minutes to go around at RHD for Trouba, Byfuglien and Myers. Short-term Maurice said one might shift over to the left, but that's not a long term solution.

In addition, Byfuglien will be 31 when his contract is up. There's no way I'd want to commit more than 3 years to a guy with his conditioning history. And Buff is going to command an annual salary of $8 million or more on the market. He'll want 5-7 years is my guess. A contract like that can cripple a team. Just imagine paying Byfuglien $8 mill per season at age 37 or 38. No thanks. I'd much rather use the money on younger guys who will need raises soon like Scheifele and Trouba. Ladd is up for a new contract soon and we want to re-sign at least one of Frolik or Stafford (ideally both).

I get it...Byfuglien is a fan favourite, but logic days he won't be here after next season and a good chance he's traded this summer. I hope Chevy is smart enough to see it this way. Jets have recently proven they'd be just fine without Byfuglien. We've gotten the best of him. At age 31, he'll be a diminishing asset.

Postma would have to be re-signed and what do you do with Clitsome...just asking, not disagreeing.

Clitsome is always injured - waivers and then St Johns

Would be a bit of a shame to let Postma walk like Redmond did - but not end of the world.

They have to switch one RHD to left or minutes will be hard to come by. If they can do that tjeu have amongst the best top four in the league.

And of the bottom two is some combo of Stuart, Chiarot, postma, morrissey...we're doing pretty good. No idea how Chevy will work it out. Could hide chiarot in AHL for awhile. Buy some time.

I actually don't think three RHD is a huge deal...  if Buff ends up as our third pairing but plays powerplay it kind of evens out.  Lots of top teams have six really good D... Shattenkirk and Jackman are Blues third pairing for example.

• 1 month later...

Taylor Hall-Scheifele-Stafford?

Ladd-Little-Wheeler

Perrault-Lowry-Armia

Thorbs-Copp-Stempniak          

Myers-Chiarot

Jeff Petry-Enstrom

Trouba-Morrissey

Pavelec-Hutchinson

This is after we trade Buff and Stuart and our first rounder from Buffalo for Hall and sign Petry as an UFA.

edit: Myers in for one of Trouba