Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

Are you sure thats real and not just a story? From shanes wiki page there is nothing about any of that. In 06 DSE was looking at doing some business with Pride but then they sold to UFC and thats it. And if anything it wasent about buying anything it was to promote it.

LOL  who knows

Meltzer reported on the Shane/McMahon thing too so given that's he's one of the most (if not the most) reliable source in wrestling, I'd say it was true.

DSE had a lot of issues going on back then & they were trying to do anything to stay afloat.  They also tried to get Mike Tyson to fight one of their guys (under boxing rules so we all know how that would turn out) around that time.  Once they lost their TV deal, they were done.

Shane definitely met with Dana with the intent of being involved in UFC after he quit WWE.  If I remember (without looking it up), Shane wanted an ownership stake and UFC did not want to have any other owners involved.  There was an issue of valuation too.  Shane is very rich but to gain enough UFC stock to make it worth it, would have cost him a lot of money and I think what Shane wanted in valuation was different then what UFC wanted for valuation.  It never went anywhere either way.

WWE is a much broader company in terms of revenue streams and profitability.  They make more money now than the attitude era.  Although they lost money last year due to Network costs.  They are on pace for potentially their most profitable year in 2015 and if not, certainly in 2016.  Television Rights fees are a lot higher than during the attitude era.  They did a lot of cost cutting in 2014 to meet their goals also.  If the Network continues to gain traction, they will be infinitely profitable for the forseeable future.

Dana knew about Rousey at wrestlemania according to Rousey agent and gave the blessing, he even woke up at 3 am in london to watch her. I think she makes the move to wwe once her UFC career is over. She is too competitor when it comes to the fight game.

Shane definitely met with Dana with the intent of being involved in UFC after he quit WWE.  If I remember (without looking it up), Shane wanted an ownership stake and UFC did not want to have any other owners involved.  There was an issue of valuation too.  Shane is very rich but to gain enough UFC stock to make it worth it, would have cost him a lot of money and I think what Shane wanted in valuation was different then what UFC wanted for valuation.  It never went anywhere either way.

WWE is a much broader company in terms of revenue streams and profitability.  They make more money now than the attitude era.  Although they lost money last year due to Network costs.  They are on pace for potentially their most profitable year in 2015 and if not, certainly in 2016.  Television Rights fees are a lot higher than during the attitude era.  They did a lot of cost cutting in 2014 to meet their goals also.  If the Network continues to gain traction, they will be infinitely profitable for the forseeable future.

Ya im not to sure. I cant find anything about him buying into it it sounds like he wanted to promote it . And nothing about UFC it was about Pride.

Either way ive been trying to get back into the WWE LOL... I watched it all my life from the AWA days but got away from it when i found the UFC.

Maybe you can hook me up to one of your shows... a few buddys of mine would like to check it out.

Dana knew about Rousey at wrestlemania according to Rousey agent and gave the blessing, he even woke up at 3 am in london to watch her. I think she makes the move to wwe once her UFC career is over. She is too competitor when it comes to the fight game.

Lots of fighters are WWE fans and a lot of WWE wrestlers are UFC fans.  With the fighters, it usually comes down to age.  in other words, being too old to make a run of wrestling.  It will depend how long Ronda fights for.

Im sure Shane watched Wrestlemania and saw that segment and wondered why it took Vince so long.  Im a Shane fan but the story on him quitting the family business had a lot of rumours and speculation.  Reportedly, it was very acrimonious.  And supposedly, any idea that popped up since to use Shane, Steph nixed.  Supposedly, shortly after he quit, some people came to a big WWE show and went backstage looking for him and Steph was very curt in saying he didnt work there anymore.  The story is Shane was the heir apparent but it became clear that Steph was more like Vince and once she hooked up with Hunter who is a lot like Vince, Shane saw the writing on the wall and wasnt going to stick around and work for his little sister.

Great article on Shane:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/golianopoulos/how-pro-wrestlings-scion-is-fighting-to-make-it-on-his-own#.hqno2azdX

Ya im not to sure. I cant find anything about him buying into it it sounds like he wanted to promote it . And nothing about UFC it was about Pride.

Either way ive been trying to get back into the WWE LOL... I watched it all my life from the AWA days but got away from it when i found the UFC.

Maybe you can hook me up to one of your shows... a few buddys of mine would like to check it out.

If I have time, Ill try to find the info from Wrestling Observer about the Dana meeting.  If you want to know about the business of wrestling, thats the only place to get the real story.  Or at least, the best place.

And absolutely, I'd love to have you guys down to a show!

ECW had some ideas that were innovative but it doesnt really stand up to the test of time.  The booking was mostly terrible (and I love Heyman) and the work was usually awful.  They had a brief golden age where they gave amazing workers their first real taste of the US (Eddy, Benoit, Malenko, Jericho etc) and some really good booking.  But a lot of it was hardcore for the sake of hardcore, run ins constantly, and bad wrestling.  It had it's moments.

A better example of Heyman as a booker is when he had more resources - when he booked Smackdown and it routinely beat RAW in the ratings.  It was during this time he ran afoul of Steph because he took seriously the idea of RAW and Smackdown competing and he would listen in on RAW production meetings and other things that annoyed Steph.

But the adult nature of ECW was what Shane was trying to push on Vince in the mid 90's when WWE was brutal.  It took near bankruptcy and WCW kicking their butts before Vince finally got it.  Having Russo come along helped too as the guys Vince had on his booking team at the time were very old-school.  My favourite booked show of all time is Survivor Series 98.  Amazing multi-layered story-telling and turning the Rock heel is an example of what they should have done with Cena.  Chris Kreski took over for RUsso and was booker during WWE's best creative period.

ECW had some ideas that were innovative but it doesnt really stand up to the test of time.  The booking was mostly terrible (and I love Heyman) and the work was usually awful.  They had a brief golden age where they gave amazing workers their first real taste of the US (Eddy, Benoit, Malenko, Jericho etc) and some really good booking.  But a lot of it was hardcore for the sake of hardcore, run ins constantly, and bad wrestling.  It had it's moments.

A better example of Heyman as a booker is when he had more resources - when he booked Smackdown and it routinely beat RAW in the ratings.  It was during this time he ran afoul of Steph because he took seriously the idea of RAW and Smackdown competing and he would listen in on RAW production meetings and other things that annoyed Steph.

But the adult nature of ECW was what Shane was trying to push on Vince in the mid 90's when WWE was brutal.  It took near bankruptcy and WCW kicking their butts before Vince finally got it.  Having Russo come along helped too as the guys Vince had on his booking team at the time were very old-school.  My favourite booked show of all time is Survivor Series 98.  Amazing multi-layered story-telling and turning the Rock heel is an example of what they should have done with Cena.  Chris Kreski took over for RUsso and was booker during WWE's best creative period.

Talking bad wrestling... like i said im kinda trying to start watching it again and i watched some of raw last night and there was some 8 man tag team ... Sorry i dont know their names.... but man that was really really bad.

Ive been kinda watching now for a few weeks and maybe its just me but it all seems really forced. There seems to be little flow to it.

The eight man tag last night was Ascension & Cesaro/Kidd vs New Day and Lucha Dragons.

Cesaro/Kidd are really good.  Cesaro is the former Claudio from Ring of Honor.  Kidd is TJ Wilson from the Hart Family.  New Day suck but Lucha Dragons are pretty good.  This was their debut from NXT.

I'd say it stood the test of time, watching jerry Lynn vs rvd is still amazing 15 years later...

Some of the extreme violent stuff may still be a bit overboard but for the most part every show was damn entertaining.

Go back and watch any old WWF and its painful...only old Warrior promos provide any entertainment.

I'd say it stood the test of time, watching jerry Lynn vs rvd is still amazing 15 years later...

Some of the extreme violent stuff may still be a bit overboard but for the most part every show was damn entertaining.

Go back and watch any old WWF and its painful...only old Warrior promos provide any entertainment.

To me, the biggest thing ECW did for wrestling that still stands is giving guys that didn't fit Vince's mold a chance to make it in North America.  20 years ago, a guy like Daniel Bryan would have had a great indy career or would have worked in Japan (neither of which is a horrible thing, just harder for the fans to follow).

Paul was also very good at maximizing strengths and hiding weaknesses.  He made Justin Credible a top guy.  He made Raven a top guy.  He made Dreamer and Douglas top guys.  None of them were ever better than when they were in ECW.  He even had WCW and WWE convinced that Public Enemy were good to the point there was a bidding war for them.  Genius.

ECW was on trend and made the best of what they had. Raven and JC is much more interesting then Jonny Polo and Aldo Montoya...

Wcw was awful TV once the nWo expanded each episode and ppv was so predictable I'm amazed that it had any popularity at all. Every event had the nWo interfere do the spray paint thing and add whatever face to the group once they had a bit of a push.

Ecw still holds up, watch the old Austin promos its still good.