The Free Money Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

Geesus.  If I could produce *ANY* sort of documentation about purchase during that time I could easily get more than the basic amount .. 

Computer  .. yep.

Printer .. yep.

Memory module .. yep.

Graphics card .. yep.

DVD Player .. yep.

Gaming Console .. yep.

MP3 Player .. yep (had a Rio Diamond).

I know for a fact that I've made those purchases during that time frame .. no way to prove it though .. doh!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Between November 11 and December 8, 2019, subscribe to receive Costco emails and get $20 OFF a Costco.ca order of $100 or more.

Only one (1) $20 OFF can be used per member per transaction during the promotional period.

https://www.costco.ca/email-offer.html

Good one, thanks RFD. 

There are LOTS of things to use this on including discounted gift cards and Lego. I have a couple of Lego sets already in the basement waiting for me, so I better find a good, gift giving use for this!

• 3 months later...
On 2015-02-24 at 8:27 AM, Mike said:

I'm still waiting for my free 4 pack of Red Bull from the class action against them because their drinks don't actually give you wings.

Wait no longer! From an email I received. Sorry for the wall of text but I've highlighted the key passage and the link in red.

FINAL SETTLEMENT APPROVAL NOTICE

Energy Drink Settlement Program in Canada
Superior Court of Quebec File #500-06-000780-169

NOTICE OF THE APPROVAL OF A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY AS IT MAY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS

THE SETTLEMENT CLASS:
A settlement has been reached with respect to the class action commenced against Red Bull Canada Ltd. and Red Bull GmbH (collectively referred to as “Red Bull”) by a consumer (“Plaintiff”) before the Superior Court of Quebec under docket number 500-06-000780-169 on behalf of the Settlement Class defined in the parties’ July 18, 2019 Settlement Agreement as:

All legal and natural persons (excluding minors, defined as persons under 18 years of age as of 
July 23, 2019) who were residents of Canada (including without limitation any of its provinces and territories) at any time between January 1, 2007 until July 23, 2019 (the “Class Period”) and who purchased and/or used or consumed one or more Red Bull caffeinated energy drinks (“CEDs”) in Canada during the Class Period, excluding the Released Parties (which for informational purposes only is generally comprised of Red Bull and its affiliates, employees, contractors, and other related parties).

SUMMARY:
Plaintiff alleged that Red Bull used or published certain labelling and advertising material that contained false or misleading information and failed to inform or disclose the alleged health risks associated with consuming Red Bull CEDs. Red Bull completely denies any and all wrongdoing or liability. Plaintiff and Red Bull negotiated and ultimately agreed to the settlement after counsel for all parties extensively evaluated the facts and law relating to this case, and took into account a variety of factors such as the burdens and expense of the lawsuit, and the risk and uncertainty of litigation.

Members of the Settlement Class, excluding those who opt out, may qualify for compensation under the settlement.

HOW TO QUALIFY FOR COMPENSATION:
To qualify for compensation, a Settlement Class Member is required to: (a) sign and solemnly declare under penalty of perjury that he/she purchased and/or used or consumed Red Bull CEDs in Canada between January 1, 2007 and July 23, 2019; and (b) timely submit a valid and complete Claim Form, attesting under penalty of perjury where and approximately when he/she purchased and/or used or consumed such Red Bull CEDs in Canada between January 1, 2007 and July 23, 2019. Each Settlement Class Member may submit only one (1) Claim Form. Each Settlement Class Member who timely submits a valid Claim Form will receive an equal amount up to a maximum of $10.00 per Settlement Class Member regardless of the number of Red Bull CEDs purchased and/or used or consumed by such Settlement Class Member. Under the terms of the settlement, certain conditions may lead to Settlement Class Members with valid claims receiving less than this amount. For example, the compensation available to Settlement Class Members will be reduced proportionately among all Settlement Class Members with valid claims if the total amount of eligible claims exceeds the Settlement Fund minus the costs and expenses of the settlement described in the Settlement Agreement, and summarized in (b) and (c) above.

In order to receive any compensation from the settlement, a Settlement Class Member must have a valid e-mail address and a bank account capable of receiving payments via Interac e-transfer, as e-transfer is the only method through which compensation will be sent. Compensation can only be collected for a period of thirty (30) days after the e-transfer is sent.

IMPORTANT DATES – WHEN TO MAKE A CLAIM:
To seek compensation from the settlement, a Settlement Class Member must complete and submit a Claim Form online at 
https://energydrinksettlement.ca no later than 5:00 PM Eastern on March 28, 2020.

FURTHER INFORMATION:

A complete copy of the Settlement Agreement, and detailed information on how to obtain or file a Claim Form are available on the following Settlement Web Site https://energydrinksettlement.ca/documents/.

The law firm representing the Plaintiff and the Settlement Class is the following:

Joey Zukran

LPC Avocat Inc.
5800 blvd. Cavendish, Suite 411 Côte St-Luc, Québec, H4W 2T5
Phone: 514.379.1572
Fax: 514.221.4441
E-mail: JZUKRAN@LPCLEX.COM

The law firm representing Red Bull is the following:

Nick Rodrigo

Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
1501 McGill College Avenue
Montréal, Québec, H3A 3N9
Fax: 514.841.6499
E-mail: nrodrigo@dwpv.com

The Claims Administrator is:

Paiements Velvet Inc.
5900 Avenue Andover Suite 1,
Mount Royal, Quebec
H4T 1H5
Phone: 1-888-770-6892
E-mail: info@velvetpayments.com

RED BULL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SETTLEMENT OR THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE SETTLEMENT FUND. PLEASE CONTACT CLASS COUNSEL OR THE CLAIMS ADMINISTRATOR – NOT THE COURT OR RED BULL’S COUNSEL – FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.

If there is a conflict between the provisions of this Notice and the Settlement Agreement, the terms of the Settlement Agreement will prevail.

This notice has been approved by the Superior Court of Quebec.

• 2 months later...
We are the Claims Administrator appointed by the Superior Court to distribute the compensation under the terms of the Red Bull National Class Action Settlement (S.C.M. No. 500-06-000780-169).  

You recently completed the claims form to receive compensation and we are pleased to inform you that your claim has been validated and approved. Based on the amount calculated pursuant to the calculations set forth in the Settlement Agreement, each Class Member will receive a payment of 9.74$ via Interac e-Transfer, which we will be sending you within the next 7 days.

26 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Your payment of $9.74 (CAD) has been automatically deposited into your bank. Woot!

I seem to have received your $9.74 that you were claiming on my behalf. How should I get it to you? 

• 3 months later...
  • FrostyWinnipeg changed the title to The Free Money Thread
  • 2 months later...

https://www.thatsuitemoney.ca/

Did you buy PC versions of Microsoft MS-DOS, Windows, Office, Word, and/or Excel between 1998 and 2010?  If so, you might be eligible for compensation.  Make a claim to get up to $250 cash for individual licenses or get up to $650 in vouchers for Volume Licenses without proof of purchase.