Brohm re-signs with Bombers

gbill2004

Walters said on 1290 today that linebacker is the Bombers biggest area of concern especially at MLB and WIL. He's asked the scouting team to bring in extra LBs to the mini camp.

He also said he wants more RBs in camp, and plans to have a Thunder & Lightning type rotation at RB this season.

Walters said on 1290 today that linebacker is the Bombers biggest area of concern especially at MLB and WIL. He's asked the scouting team to bring in extra LBs to the mini camp.

He also said he wants more RBs in camp, and plans to have a Thunder & Lightning type rotation at RB this season.

All well and good, but there is no substitute for CFL experience in the MLB position where the MLB usually calls the defensive set.

All well and good, but there is no substitute for CFL experience in the MLB position where the MLB usually calls the defensive set.
I know. That's why I've got some concerns. Unless they plan on giving the starting MLB spot to Hurl.

Teams know how to use the media as a tool to push their agenda. Some of what they say is truthful, some of what they say is out there as a smokescreen because that's the message the front office wants out there, especially around FA time and draft time.

For example ... one "reporter said such and such in public" example in this thread is literally the exact opposite of what they said to me in private. And what they said in private happened.

For what it's worth, I was told by a couple people today that the Bombers are out on Curran.

EDIT - out on Curran could obviously mean if the price goes any higher. My guess is they've made their offer, it's not the highest offer but they'd still pay it if Curran opted to come here.

Does this mean the Blue have run out of FA $ ?

Why do so many people want to rush young QBs and then when the QBs don't pan out they complain that we aren't developing any.

you can't develop a QB without giving him playing time. If it wasn't for Brohm getting injured last year, Marve probably wouldn't have seen the field at all.
That's absolutely false. Especially in the CFL.

Care to explain that golden nugget of knowledge, Mike?

Drew Tate is a perfect example, although you can easily blame Saskatchewan for letting him go. They sat him on the practice roster for two years before he ever took a snap and he was much more effective with his initial repetitions because of it. Darian Durant is another one. In his first two seasons in the CFL, how many snaps did he take? Two. Same with Mike Reilly - two snaps in his first two seasons. I bet if you were to ask them how much more comfortable they felt because of their time developing without game reps, they'd tell you it sucked to not play but it was well worth it.

An American QB is coming to a league where there's a wider field and an extra man, among other things. It's invaluable for a QB to be able to get a chance to soak it all in. Let them work out their kinks in practice reps. Ideally, I wouldn't have my developmental QB take much more than a handful of reps for his first two years. It doesn't always work out that way because of injuries, etc but that'd be the goal. Too many QBs ruined because they get rushed.

I concur.. You can develop a QB (and I believe it's the right way) with no or next to no snaps in the CFL. The Joy of the PR and third string.. Allows them to learn, pick up the nuances and step in when called upon with confidence.. You keep throwing em in to the wolves and more often then not you end up with a Bryan Randall, Tee Martin or Justin Goltz... Not a Durrant, Glenn or Reilly..

Yeah!  They've finally paid heed to my ceaseless complaints about the non-diversified running attack!  Thank you Kyle Walters.

I swear to god that Walter's takes his lead from us.  :P  :P  :P  

I admire Brohm, who as a high NFL drafted player, must have gotten a lot of money.

as a Heisman winner It probably would have been fairly easy for him to quit playing and slide into a College coaching job, in the school where he is a hero, or a media job, when his NFL career didn't go well.

Yet he obviously wants to play football, and keeps hanging in there, under less auspicious circumstances than he probably expected back then. 

I too thought he ran the offence crisply and effectively when he got a chance. too bad he got injured so quickly;  Who knows, we might have had a quarterback controversy. 

I'm Glad he's back.