Game 58 : Jets @ Red Wings

Myers been solid. Enstrom not so much with the give aways. Hutch was clutch and stafford got the winner. New guys looking good. Played in a beer league and when new guys joined the boys had chemistry issues. Don't think it be easy to do going 100 percent out there like myers and stafford.

Enstrom not so much with the give aways.

I know nothing, but….

the post game show the other day on the radio, a similar statement was made, by a caller, then the host looked up and quoted the team stats, and Enstrom as  I recall the host said, has one half (approx) the giveaways of some of the other defence men.  

He said it's often said, but is not true.

just thought I'd mention this

Don't get me wrong, I like Enstrom and his hockey sense is pretty high it seems but... he does turn the puck over, maybe not as much as the other guys but when he does it leads to grade A scoring chances, last nights backhand pass up the middle in his own zone right on the tape of the red wing player who missed the net. He's a good d man but.. he makes mistakes and doesn't shoot the puck enough also. Guess we are lucky to have him tho. He just leaves lots to be desired most games. Shoot the puck man, when he does it's a good thing, but rarely does he shoot it... does the same thing, fakes it and then circles the net and then passes it off... It's all good but... i'd like to see Toby shoot the puck more when he has the chance. 

Enstrom is key to our defence and despite any single pass you can p oint out is arguably the best passer on the team Trouba is very good and clears the zone too. Trouba makes the fewest mistakes of our D. Enstrom gets major minutes from Maurice for a reason. I have to admit though, do not like him paired with Buff. Besides, when he is paired with Myers, it is so easy to tell them apart!

Great comeback last night and I just wish I had the chance to watch more games. Clutchinson played a pretty good game and I think he outplayed Howard. The Jets have the best D in the league right now even if Ben and Stuart didn't see much ice time last night. I wonder if Trouba signs a bridge contract or goes straight for the big contract. If I'm Chevy I sign him as long as I can, throw 7-7.5 at Buff and Ladd has to get at least 6? I heard Chevy say that we'll probably see Armia before the season is over.

Should be able to get Chiarot for a good deal.

I'd also try to get trouba into an 8 year deal but he might want a shorter one to maximize his return down the road. We could also sign him to a deal that takes him just before UFA with the intent to then sign him to an 8 year deal. End result is trouba here longer.

He's only 23, give him a 3 year contract and he should be coming into his prime when it is coming up for renegotiaion. Can't have all of them making 5+. Someone has to get less minutes and salary. I really liked the way that pairing (him and Buff) played together. He ate up a lot of minutes when the injury bug attacked our D.