Do you think Jets will make any trades now?

Brandon

Not sure Horvat does much to help the team right now though.

Well, the first thing you need to do is stop worrying about the now and concentrate on the future. Horvat, if here, is probably 3rd line center bumping lowry to the wing. He has potential to be very very good tho, people have compared him to a young Toews, 2 way center, responsible in both ends of the ice. But really stop thinking about the now, They won't trade kane for fixes to the bottom 6, They aren't gonna trade kane and his potential for bottom 6 scrubs. That just won't happen. Horvat does help the bottom 6 right now because quite frankly, he's a better center than Lowry is and Lowry can go play on the wing. Not sure how Horvant helps now? Well, last game Jim Slater played 3rd line center.  Roster player, Prospect, Pick... 

I highly doubt you see Kane moved for anything less than a package like that.  Bottom 6 players? Unlikely, that's a panic move. Trading Kane for Bottom 6 help is crazy, Horvat has potential to be more than that tho but right now, that's where he'd fit and lowry would slide over to the wing. 

Bogo straight up for oreilly and Kane and 3rd for vermette prospect and 2nd

I wouldn't do either of those trades.   Not enough return for Kane and O'Reilly's contract term and his ask on his next contract make it a poor return for Bogo.

Bogo straight up for oreilly and Kane and 3rd for vermette prospect and 2nd

I wouldn't do either of those trades. Not enough return for Kane and O'Reilly's contract term and his ask on his next contract make it a poor return for Bogo.

Bogo for oreilly is fine - bogo is really good but our third RD -

I disagree.  O'Reilly is signed for this year and next and then is a UFA.  With the way his prior negotiations have gone with Colorado, I would put the chances of the Jets re-signing him at slim.   He is going to want to explore free agency.

Bogo on the other hand is signed for the next 5 years (including this one).    You'd basically be giving up Bogo for a year and a half rental period.  If we were a possible contender, maybe.  But we aren't, so what are you really buying with that trade?

If you are dead set on trading Bogo, I believe there is a better deal to be had out there.

Desperately need forward help? So you wanna trade kane for a couple bottom 6 scrubs? I wouldn't and I highly doubt Chevy will too. There's other ways of upgrading the bottom six. Trades including draft picks prospects not named ehlers petan copp Morrissey helle and comrie. Trading kane for bottom 6 depth is stupid unless that bottom 6 is a young guy with potential like horvat burakovsky etc

Oreilly or vermette are both upgrades from Kane - Lh shots but also very good face off options

Anyone who argues Bogo is better than trouba or buff is nuts

Vermette and oreilly give us a playoff run - maybe we sign one or both - at the very least it buys time for petan and ehlers and that other guy

Ladd-little-wheeler

Perrault-scheifele-Reilly

Frolik-vermette-Lowry

Trouba-Stuart

Buff-chiarot

Pardy-enstrom

That's a cup contender

Oreilly or vermette are both upgrades from Kane - Lh shots but also very good face off options

Anyone who argues Bogo is better than trouba or buff is nuts

Vermette and oreilly give us a playoff run - maybe we sign one or both - at the very least it buys time for petan and ehlers and that other guy

Ladd-little-wheeler

Perrault-scheifele-Reilly

Frolik-vermette-Lowry

Trouba-Stuart

Buff-chiarot

Pardy-enstrom

That's a cup contender

Bogosian is a good but not great player but he is signed to a long term deal which is huge value for us.... same goes with Kane. As much as I think Kane is a ding dong and will never be a top scorer.... his defense and checking is valued and the guy does play hard. I highly doubt the Jets make a big splash without having to give up a top prospect and that is one thing Chevy will never do.

They won't trade Bogo lol. People need to stop pretending. And dude plays top pair D minutes. So how is he the 3rd best rhd again. Maybe in one persons eyes but definitely not in the coaches and gms eyes

If for some reason the jets had to choose between Bogo and trouba you think they would choose Bogo? Not a chance. Thus trouba is more valuable to the organization.

Pardy Enstrom

That's a cup contender

Say what?

Ok pardy chiarot as our third

Still a cup contender with buff and trouba

Can you honestly see Chevy dealing all that for an UFA after this year and an UFA after next year????

Do you honestly believe that line up with our two goalies with all their playoff experience are cup contenders????

You can also argue that Schiefele isn't a 2nd line center yet.

I really like the trade with Van for Horvat and the 1st and McCann.

I'd trade McCann and a D for a winger for immediate help if it is done before the deadline and as mentioned above, Horvat is a much better center than Lowry and having him in the organization would be a bonus. Little, Schiefele, Horvat, Petan as our centers looks nice to me.

trouba morrissey

buff     chiarot

bogo   enstrom

ladd little wheeler

perrault schief fro

lowry horvat komaschuk

ehlers petan lipon

hutch hellebuyck

I really like the looks of this lineup not counting what else Chevy will add to it.

Pardy Enstrom

That's a cup contender

Say what?

Can you honestly see Chevy dealing all that for an UFA after this year and an UFA after next year????

Do you honestly believe that line up with our two goalies with all their playoff experience are cup contenders????

I'd trade McCann and a D for a winger for immediate help if it is done before the deadline and as mentioned above, Horvat is a much better center than Lowry and having him in the organization would be a bonus. Little, Schiefele, Horvat, Petan as our centers looks nice to me.

trouba morrissey

buff     chiarot

bogo   enstrom

ladd little wheeler

perrault schief fro

lowry horvat komaschuk

ehlers petan lipon

hutch hellebuyck

I really like the looks of this lineup not counting what else Chevy will add to it.

I see where you're going but Petan isnt going to be a 4th center.  I think they see Lowry as the long term 4th line center with the idea the 4th line can play bigger and better minutes.  Petan will end up as a winger or 3rd line center.  But if they made that trade with Vancouver then Horvat likely slots into the depth chart as 3C.  And with guys like Ehlers, Petan, Kossy etc surrounding them, the long term vision for the team starts to come into view.  5 year plan might have been too optimistic...maybe not for making the playoffs because they *should* make the playoffs this year with the talent they have but when you start rounding the long term outlook into view, things look even better 2-4 years from now.

Pardy Enstrom

That's a cup contender

Say what?

trouba morrissey

buff     chiarot

bogo   enstrom

ladd little wheeler

perrault schief fro

lowry horvat komaschuk

ehlers petan lipon

hutch hellebuyck

I see where you're going but Petan isnt going to be a 4th center.  I think they see Lowry as the long term 4th line center with the idea the 4th line can play bigger and better minutes.  Petan will end up as a winger or 3rd line center.  But if they made that trade with Vancouver then Horvat likely slots into the depth chart as 3C.  And with guys like Ehlers, Petan, Kossy etc surrounding them, the long term vision for the team starts to come into view.  5 year plan might have been too optimistic...maybe not for making the playoffs because they *should* make the playoffs this year with the talent they have but when you start rounding the long term outlook into view, things look even better 2-4 years from now.

Just for the record, Komaschuk is 8-6-14 pts in 46 games in St.John's this year and is -22.  A caution for the high expectations from junior guys we *think* can make the jump to the pro game and succeed immediately. 

For sure Kossy is a project but I think they have hopes for him being a quality 3rd/4th line guy.  I know Copp has high expectations too.  I look at our bottom six and it's scary right now.  The Big Show guys were talking about Jim Slater being a UFA this summer and how the Jets have really said nothing about him.  I think it's because they see their bottom six as in need of vast improvement.  Slater wont be retained.

Who cares if bogo is signed long term - we can't pay our third pairing a combined 11 million

A short contract with Reilly is fine - if he has chemistry sign if not - petan or ehlers will be ready

Vermette - same thing - even if he leaves, we would have a pick and a prospect - at least the soap opera is over

I'd actually be fine with Kane-domi straight up

I wouldnt trade a contract like Kane for a rental or a player that is basically a rental unless the 'throw ins' were significant enough.

Kane for Domi doesnt do much for us right now though I do like Domi.  The Jets have this weird balance they have to do as we essentially have two 'cores'.  The older Ladd, Little, Buff, Wheeler group and the young guys.  So while I am all about the future, you have good talent right now and building upon that gives us an opportunity to make the playoffs every year.

That's pretty much the logic behind these traded

This year vermette and Reilly give us major depth

Worst case - petan replaces vermette next season, then domi or ehlers replaces Reilly

Right now we just don't have the talent for a deep playoff run - buff, Ladd, wheeler are in their prime - need to make a move