Do you think Jets will make any trades now?

Brandon

How about Kane and a first round pick for Phil Kessel

Why would we trade one cancer for another? Kessel would not do any better with the Winnipeg media.

I don't think Kessel would be a cancer on this team. He wouldnt have to be as much of a leader here. I think his supporting cast in Toronto is more to blame for the Leafs problems than he is.

I also don't think the Winnipeg media is anything close to the Toronto media. They are crazy in Toronto. When it comes to the Jets, Winnipeg media really isn't so bad.

Kane and Postma for Ryan Johansen from CBJ.

Two fourth overall picks drafted a year apart from each other.

I'd even throw in a 3rd rounder.

a third rounder, how generous of you. Johansen has way way way way way way way way more value than Kane and Postma isn't enough to bridge that gap. 

okay, I'd throw in Pardy too....

Seriously, upgrade to a 2nd rounder and make the deal although he is out 4-6 months now with shoulder surgery so this will be done in the off season where the Jets get more back for him. I am guessing it will happen before the draft or on draft day.

upgrade it to the Jets first rounder and the Blue Jackets might not immediately hang up the phone but I think you are really over estimating how much value a known problem child in Kane is going to have, especially when you consider that Johansen has done nothing but up his value in recent years. Being a guy who can play top line centre he automatically holds more value than a winger, never mind that he's gotten better and better where as Kane hasn't and is a massive gamble because of his attitude. Pardy and Postma are throw ins that every team has. You are going to be disappointed in the return Kane gets I guarantee it. Teams will want him, but they'll want him at a discount price. 

A first rounder is too much but I agree with RJ increasing his value every year. I expect Chevy to deal him, probably on draft day, and the deal will include picks and possibly other Jets players.

Chevy was looking for a 3rd line winger before this crap with Kane so he has GOT to be looking for one a little hardern now... I'd prefer a center and move Schiefele to 3rd line.

Where the hell would we be if we didn't have Buff to move to forward?

I was at work and didn't see the game, how did Chiarot and Pardy play?

From what I have read recently, they are asking for a blue chip prospect, a current player and a 1st rounder.

Kane, Stuart a 2nd round and a 4th rounder for Johansen????

Don't think Ryjo is available so it's a pointless discussion or proposal but yes. Won't happen tho ever

One of those non-playoff teams would have to make a pretty good offer though.  In the summer there will be more teams bidding and logic would indicate you'd get more and better offers.  The other thing that could happen is, a non-playoff team makes a good offer that is temping and a playoff team that would just as soon wait until the summer thinks they are going to lose out on Kane and makes an offer (thinking Vancouver here).

But McKenzie says Bo Horvat is a non starter.  I dont buy it.  I cant see the Jets trading Kane for just future prospects.  Too much risk there and why shouldnt they get something now.  If Vancouver wants to wait for Horvat to develop, great.  if they want a 23 year old hometown kid who has already scored 30 goals and plays hard every shift, then they have to give up some value.

I still think the earliest Kane goes is the draft where Chevy might be able to shake loose a first rounder for him (Buffalo as three).

Kind of a fun fact. It doesn't matter what any of us think is good value. It matters what Chevy thinks. Horvat and a 1st is probably fair even. Mccann is a throw in really. That would be the Canucks first round picks 2013 2014 and 2015. 3 first round picks not fair value?

Kind of a fun fact. It doesn't matter what any of us think is good value. It matters what Chevy thinks. Horvat and a 1st is probably fair even. Mccann is a throw in really. That would be the Canucks first round picks 2013 2014 and 2015. 3 first round picks not fair value?

If Chevy feels its the best he can do, then so be it.  Im just not familiar with McCann and saw him listed as a middling prospect.

Buffalo Sabres blogger pitched this:

Kane for Stewart, Myers, 1st round pick (not Buffalo's).  Stewart is a UFA (though Im sure the Jets would be interested in resigning him), Myers has three years left.

The blogger went on to say the Jets need D help which I disagree with but hard to argue Myers wouldnt be a great addition.  He's another right shooting D man though so I;m not sure there's a fit unless they also trade Bogo or plan to keep Buff at forward.

Other suggestions were Kane for Stafford, Armia, 1st.  Joal Armia is a great prospect, big RW from Finland that can score.  He'd look good.

Buffalo Sabres blogger pitched this:

Kane for Stewart, Myers, 1st round pick (not Buffalo's).  Stewart is a UFA (though Im sure the Jets would be interested in resigning him), Myers has three years left.

The blogger went on to say the Jets need D help which I disagree with but hard to argue Myers wouldnt be a great addition.  He's another right shooting D man though so I;m not sure there's a fit unless they also trade Bogo or plan to keep Buff at forward.

Other suggestions were Kane for Stafford, Armia, 1st.  Joal Armia is a great prospect, big RW from Finland that can score.  He'd look good.

Bleh. No thanks to Stafford or Stewart. Paaaaaass.