Do you think Jets will make any trades now?

Brandon

Stewart is a UFA after the year, no way they trade KANE for stewart straight up. Buffalo would have to add lots. 

Goes without saying.  How about their 2015 first round pick ;)

They have 3 of them actually... Their own, NYI's and St Louis's. 

I would imagine since they don't have much of anything on their roster, that it might... what about something like..

Kane,Pav for Neuvirth,Stewart and both NYI and St Louis's Picks.  

Buffalo really has very little on that roster to chose from and the guys they do have to chose from, the Ristolainens, Zadorovs,Girgensons,Sam Reinharts, they won't move. 

Just for fun here are some trade offers from fans on another forum:

Philly:

Luke Schenn, Matt Read, 3rd for Kane

Kane for Read + B.Schenn

Toronto:

Kadri & Lupul for Kane

Kane, Hutchinson and 4th round pick for Kadri, Reimer, Lupul, prospect and 2 around(16) pick!

To WPG: JVR
To BUF: Kane
To Tor: Myers and WPG's 2015 1st

Buffalo:

Stafford, Stewart, 2 2nd Round Picks for Kane

Joel Armia, Mikhail Grigorenko, and Islanders 1st 2015 for Kane

Habs:

Ghallager, D man, 1st for Kane

St Louis:

Ty Rattie, Berglund, 1st round pick for Kane

Pittsburgh:

Bennet sutter pouliot and 2016 first to the jets for e Kane

The only one i like is to the habs for gallagher d man and a 1st. The rest are crazy.. Winnipeg 2015 1st? You can't be serious, Jets aren't trading their first round pick this year.  Reimer? Lupul? Rattie? No thanks. Hutch traded too there in one and reimer comes here? So we trade away a goalie with potential to be very good for another average goalie? No thanks.

The Habs one is the only one i'd do. The rest are just not good at all. 

Couple more for fun:

To the Winnipeg Jets
1.) R.J. Umberger
2.) 2015 1st Round Selection
3.) Matt Read
4.) 2016 2nd Round Selection
To the Philadelphia Flyers
1.) Evander Kane
2.) Zack Bogosian

Philly gets Kane + Buff

Jets get: B Schenn, Read, Coburn, Hagg, 1st

****I think Philly is a good fit.  But I also think *if* Kane was traded, it wouldnt be until the off-season.

One thing I'll say about this whole Kane thing, the media sure likes to play it up, rumor is he broke curfew, if that's the case, big deal really. I understand sitting him cuz guys can't be above the team but... the media seems to like to play it up like Kane killed someone or something. This isn't the first time tho that he has been sat for off ice issues, so it seems to be a trend of sorts, I'm not in the room so i don't know how the other players feel but i'd suspect they are none too pleased with Kane at the moment. Wheeler at the start of the year said Kane needs to become a leader on the team, he hasn't. Perhaps it is time to move on from Kane, probably not now but.. in the off-season, i'd strongly consider moving him. Honestly, I think we'd still get back quite a bit of pieces in return, This team can win without Kane, he is not the horse that is making this team click so if you could trade him and upgrade your team as a whole, you'd be silly not too. I suspect Kanes days in the peg are coming to and end but i hope when they do, the Jets trade him for something of value and not just trade him for the sake of trading him. I'd be looking at Florida,Buffalo,Arizona.

Kane to Yotes for Gormley,Boedker and a 1st? Yotes will be picking top 5 tho so that 1st is unlikely.

Kane to Florida for Huberdeau and a 1st? give both of them fresh starts. Hell, if not huberdeau, flordia has quite the list of young guys ready to come in and play. 

Injury playing a role?

@TSNBobMcKenzie: On the Evander Kane situation in WPG, how best to put this? It's complicated.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: While Kane was termed coach's decision/healthy scratch last night, there is specter of injury here.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: There may be some underlying non-injury issues as well that factored into absence last night.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: I would expect we may have clearer picture of Kane's status in the next 24 hours.

Lawless says no. I think Kane is hurt but not injured. He thought he was playing last night. Had a bunch of tickets for friends and family.

Hate to say it but for some reason i  feel BOB McKenzie is a little more reliable than Gary Lawless. McKenzie is very in tune with what goes on in the hockey world, Lawless just ripped Kane to shreds on a show earlier in the day, perhaps Tim and Sid, Lawless's opinion on the matter compared to Bob's, I'll take Bob's every day of the week and twice on Sundays. 

I completely believe Kane to be banged up still. Has he not had lingering issues with his wrist? Those don't go away quickly, plus I think he was grasping at it after a hit a few games back. That said, if ANY part of the decision to sit him was based on health, Maurice would say that, no? It would have saved the team a huge headache the last couple of days.

Nah, I think it's simply a case of being late. I think what Bob is referring to is the larger scope of the the relationship between player and team.

Where there is smoke there is fire. History would suggest that Kane hasn't always been a consummate pro. When your off ice activities, whatever they may be begging to overshadow your one ice production, it is time to go. That holds in any pro sport. Charles Roberts is a fine example. The challenge is that your perceived value also diminishes.

I completely believe Kane to be banged up still. Has he not had lingering issues with his wrist? Those don't go away quickly, plus I think he was grasping at it after a hit a few games back. That said, if ANY part of the decision to sit him was based on health, Maurice would say that, no? It would have saved the team a huge headache the last couple of days.

Nah, I think it's simply a case of being late. I think what Bob is referring to is the larger scope of the the relationship between player and team.

Sounds like you are correct and it may require surgery to get it fixed if Kane goes that route, apparently it's been a season long thing too.