Do you think Jets will make any trades now?

Brandon

Not only has Frolik been very good, he's been asked to punch above his weight.  He was signed to be the 3RW and has played top line and top six minutes and expected to contribute offensively.  I think he's been great.  We will have to over-pay for him because he's a UFA and teams will line up to sign him.  He's the perfect piece to add if you're a playoff team looking for someone to help put you over the top.  The Jets might look at that and decide they arent at the point to pay a player like that what he will get on the open market.  That will be up to the Jets to decide in the off-season.

This slump is a good example of why the team likely needs to improve the middle six and bottom six.  We lack depth in a major way.

I can see Bogo being traded in the off season (if Buff is resigned long term) but not for rental.  Arizona would have to include something significant.

I think it's more likely buff gets traded in the off-season, only because he would return more in a deal. Trading bogo for a rental is crazy. I guess, if we are trading guys cuz they took penalties that lead to dallas goals last game, perreault, chiarot and buff too. Maybe Slater and Little also, we took 8 penalties that game so 7 guys should be traded.

Bogo for a rental? Chevy would be fired immediately and rightfully so. 

I think it's more likely buff gets traded in the off-season, only because he would return more in a deal. Trading bogo for a rental is crazy. I guess, if we are trading guys cuz they took penalties that lead to dallas goals last game, perreault, chiarot and buff too. Maybe Slater and Little also, we took 8 penalties that game so 7 guys should be traded.

Bogo for a rental? Chevy would be fired immediately and rightfully so. 

I started this year advocating trading Buff but I have changed my mind since he returned to D and looked like a Norris candidate.  I'd now advocate locking him up for the rest of his career.  He's better then Bogo with way more game-changing talent.  yes Bogo has many more days ahead then Buff and Id like to keep Bogo too but eventually someone is going to go.

We know from the Wheeler/Little (and someone else I think) deals that the players admitted talking to each other and deciding they all wanted to buy into being here.  I would strongly suspect Ladd and Buff will have the same conversation as they are close friends.  Im not saying they are a package deal..but they might be a package deal.

Buff is a liability defensively and has not been the same since the all star game. One of him or Ladd need to go cuz the team hasn't won anything together yet and haven't made the playoffs. Buffs age and salary demands probably don't go with what the jets are building. Building with youth. Buff won't be the same buff in a couple seasons. Are we legit contenders? Don't think so. Will we be soon? No. Trade buff while he still has value

Enstrom is the best passing D on the team. I hate the pairing of him and Buff though. Buff played D  like a Norris candidate with Chairot so why change things? Leave Enstrom with Bogo. Also, why would you start Hutch against the Stars when Pavs had his best game as a Jet the last time he played the Stars?

If I were to trade a D man it would be Stuart... replaced on the ice by Harrison (cheaper shorter contract too) and teams will be looking for a leader with his grit for a playoff run.

Lowry between Kane and Yak would be a nice line. Not as nice as Eberle but I don't think Chevy would part with what Edmonton would want for Eberle.

I wouldn't cry if Enstrom was traded... the dude has absolutely zero power in his shot and Pardy essentially does the same at a cheaper rate and with more hustle. 

Im sorry.  But if you are advocating trading Enstrom by saying Pardy does the same thing then the discussion has reached the point of absurdity.  Enstrom isnt Buff so people get on him.  He's our most consistently effective, intelligent, puck moving D man.  You could argue Trouba.  But Enstrom was signed to the contract he was to be a leader on D for years.  He isnt going anywhere.

The "Trade Kane" voices will get louder now and you have to wonder how long the organization will put up with Kane.  He's got elite level talent and I thought we had put his "off ice" issued to bed.  This is terrible timing for him to have done something to get healthy scratched and, without knowing details, comes across as unbelievably selfish.

The Hockey News has an interesting take on the Kane scratching saying that benching a player in his hometown in front of his friends & family is humiliating and could drive a pretty big wedge between team and player.

Well the Hockey News is a trash mag, no question. Besides, I'd say it's more humiliating for his teammates on the 2nd half of a back-to-back & mired in a losing streak to not have one of their better players.

I've had enough of Kane.  I don't know what caused the healthy scratch but I have enough faith in Paul Maurice to believe Kane probably deserved it.  But forget the off-ice stuff.  Our premier, 6 million dollar sniper is on pace for yet another sub-20 goal season.  That will be 5 out of 6 seasons in the NHL now.  What are we paying this guy for??

I've had enough of Kane.  I don't know what caused the healthy scratch but I have enough faith in Paul Maurice to believe Kane probably deserved it.  But forget the off-ice stuff.  Our premier, 6 million dollar sniper is on pace for yet another sub-20 goal season.  That will be 5 out of 6 seasons in the NHL now.  What are we paying this guy for??

$5M just doesn't buy what it used to.

I have always thought that Kane never really wanted to be here and holding on to him as long as we have, has hurt the team. Trade him and his fat contract. He has underperformed for that kind of dough and a trade would be better for everyone. Having said that, it's not easy to make trades at the best of times. You usually get burnt when other teams know you have a malcontent on the club AND the Jets faithful will definitely want something in return. The other option is to let him languish in the doghouse and be paying a player for no production. Can't see that happening for very much longer. I hope Chevy can find a new home for him. As far as this fan is concerned, see ya Kane.

The Hockey News has an interesting take on the Kane scratching saying that benching a player in his hometown in front of his friends & family is humiliating and could drive a pretty big wedge between team and player.

Well the Hockey News is a trash mag, no question. Besides, I'd say it's more humiliating for his teammates on the 2nd half of a back-to-back & mired in a losing streak to not have one of their better players.

Do you mean a slap in the face to the players by the coach for scratching Kane or a slap in the face to the players by Kane for doing something that got him scratched?

Losing streak.  B2B.  Wildcard fight.  And the Jets only had 12 forwards to begin with.  I bet Buff was thrilled with Kane.

Do you mean a slap in the face to the players by the coach for scratching Kane or a slap in the face to the players by Kane for doing something that got him scratched?

Losing streak.  B2B.  Wildcard fight.  And the Jets only had 12 forwards to begin with.  I bet Buff was thrilled with Kane.

#2. Kaner let the team down, big time.

I have always thought that Kane never really wanted to be here and holding on to him as long as we have, has hurt the team. Trade him and his fat contract. He has underperformed for that kind of dough and a trade would be better for everyone. Having said that, it's not easy to make trades at the best of times. You usually get burnt when other teams know you have a malcontent on the club AND the Jets faithful will definitely want something in return. The other option is to let him languish in the doghouse and be paying a player for no production. Can't see that happening for very much longer. I hope Chevy can find a new home for him. As far as this fan is concerned, see ya Kane.

I agree and disagree with this.  I agree that if Kane was a free agent tomorrow and the Jets matched the best offer from another team, Kane is likely to leave anyway.  I dont think he hates it here but he'd prefer to be somewhere else. 

But I dont think "under perform" is maybe the right way of describing him.  Certainly the expectation for his talent and contract is more offense but at least he works hard every game.  He bangs, crashes, forechecks etc, even when not scoring.  I doubt he's thrilled to be on the 3rd line either and surely sees himself as a guy who's worked hard enough to be given more opportunities with the more offensively gifted players on the team.

For me the question comes down to his impact in the locker room.  If he's a great team mate, so be it.  Keep him.  If he's a Dbag in the room who's off-ice issues annoy the other players, then at what point do we cut our losses?  The thing about him is, if Chevy made it known he was available, he'd have 20 teams making offers.  Kane still is seen as an elite-level young player with a very good contract.  We'd get a lot back in a trade (but moreso in the Summer probably unless a rebuilding team makes him their centerpiece and unloads some players/picks/prospects we covet).

On the other hand a struggling team like the Penguins would probably salivate at getting Kane.  Philly has desirable options for the Jets and would surely love him.

$5M just doesn't buy what it used to.

What I've noticed overtime with Evander Kane is he loves the spotlight. He tends to elevate his game when he plays higher profile teams like the Rangers, Kings, Blackhawks etc. 

If we were ever to trade him, my guess is he would love to play for a higher profile team that may benefit us in what we get in return.

That is quite the unexpected development, to have a high profile player like Kane sit out a home town game.

Yes, indeed quite the slap in the face..to himself.

I totally trust Paul Maurice in this matter, even without knowing all the information. and will look forward to seeing Kane move on.

Forget all the other trade scenarios, Kane himself, has just put himself forward as the next player to be moved from this team.

He has become a giant Kane in the asp.

Twitter me this Mr. Kane, twitter me this.

No team would build around kane, he's a winger. If he was a center or D man, teams would build around him but he's not, he's a third liner at this point and time.. He's had chances with Scheif on the second line and other players in the past too and has yet to show he is the player some people believe he can be. He is talented no doubt but... what he seems to lack the most is intangibles, like hockey IQ, that's an important thing to have, he seems to lack it. He has been playing well lately tho and i really don't know if he wants to be here or not, i don't even care if he wants to be here or doesn't want to be here, that's really irrelevant.... but if his off ice issues (yeah issues) cuz this isn't the first time in his Jets career that he has been healthy scratched for off ice issues is a distraction to a team in a playoff hunt, then well it's best to move on from him sooner rather than later. Yeah he may yet turn in to that 30 goal scorer, consistent 30 goal scorer, i have my doubts he ever does tho cuz it seems for all that "natural" talent he has, he's got a 10 cent brain..