Do you think Jets will make any trades now?

Brandon

Assuming everyone stays healthy.. Do you think the Jets make a splash?

I was listening to Lawless yesterday and he says the only *name* he heard was O'Reilly in Colorado and even that was a big long shot.

Who do you think the team would part with??

Do you think they would deal Kane, Pavs or even a top prospect like Petan?

We'll make a trade for another forward. I'd love to get Joel Ward. Pending UFA, but the Caps are currently in a playoff position so he likely won't be going anywhere.

Stafford & Stewart would both be reasonable targets. Both big guys who would fit well on the third line.

I don't think anybody important leaves our lineup. If we deal a top dman, it won't be until the summer. I think we try to deal Postma and some picks.

They will make the 'practical trade' to adjust the lineup IMO, that will reset the surplus of D-Men they now have.

I don't see them jumping into a big trade, unless something remarkable comes their way.

Maybe from a fire-sale team.

Here's an article identifying players from each team that might be available:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2329910-every-nhl-teams-best-trade-asset-in-2014-15?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=vancouver-canucks

Pardy's name was put forward from the Jets.

I can't see a "big slash" kind of deal involving any of Kane, Bogo, Buff, etc. Why on earth would you move a core player when this team is FINALLY playing well after 3.5 seasons.

That said, we should certainly be gauging interest in Postma and Pardy. Maybe you package one of them + a 3rd or prospect and away you go. 

They will make the 'practical trade' to adjust the lineup IMO, that will reset the surplus of D-Men they now have.

I don't see them jumping into a big trade, unless something remarkable comes their way.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2329910-every-nhl-teams-best-trade-asset-in-2014-15?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=vancouver-canucks

Those bleacher report slideshow articles are exhausting. 

Likely will do this, very unlikely they will do more.  Try to find a 25 to 40 point winger if possible on a team that needs a bottom pair defenceman and swap.

Assuming everyone stays healthy.. Do you think the Jets make a splash?

I was listening to Lawless yesterday and he says the only *name* he heard was O'Reilly in Colorado and even that was a big long shot.

While I doubt it's going to happen and there isn't a lot I'd give up to make it happen, I'd be happy if he ended up on our team.  Much like I'd be happy if Crosby ended up here.

Who do you think the team would part with??

Do you think they would deal Kane, Pavs or even a top prospect like Petan?

Unlikely, complicated answer, not a chance.

Kane's biggest issue is that he's never found linemates he has great chemistry with.  So if the Jets got tired of searching for a guy who knows how to play set-up for Kane's particular brand of hockey, they might move him.  But he is still a game-changer out there with his speed and physicality, even if his numbers are down, and the Jets know this.  They are in no rush to move him.  His contract is favourable, where as OReilly's is not.  This deal is unlikely from the Jets end, but if offered, I'm guessing the Avs would think about it for quite a while.  Throw in Postma and that would be tough to walk away from.  That said, they want a top-end defenceman way more than a forward and a quasi-prospect defenceman.

The Avs don't need a goalie - they're trying to figure out a way to keep Pickard up from the minors.  Adding a 4th goalie into the equation would have zero interest for them.  Pavelec as trade bait for another team?  That's the complicated answer.  It would not happen now, but if Hellebuyck continues to play at a top level in St Johns for another month, and if Pavelec continues to excel with the opportunities given to him in that same time frame, then I could see it happening (still pretty remote).  Pavelec needs to have more success in the next while for teams to ignore the stank of some previous years.  $3.9 million does not make him untradeable.  $3.9 for a guy who's going to win 40% of his starts makes him untradeable.  $3.9 for a guy who will win 65%?  Teams in need will be interested.  But he has to demonstrate he can do that for longer than this 3 week stretch.  And the Jets are not "all-in" on Hutchinson yet.  He will have to continue to excel over the next month with his opportunities too.

So there is a circumstance where I could see Pavelec being traded, with him, Hutchinson and Hellebuyck all playing lights out hockey leading up to the deadline being a required condition, but it's still pretty remote.

Petan - no.  Trading a talented prospect for a high-salary RFA in the first season this team has a chance of making the playoffs is exactly the opposite of their strategy, and an all-round bad idea.

Sounds like Phoenix is shopping Vermette... think he would be a great third line C/RW for a playoff run.  Maybe get him for a mid-round pick and/or Postma?

It'll take more than that to get him. There's going to be a lot of teams looking at him. Can score at a decent pace and is a very good defensive player. One of the best in the league at faceoffs.

2nd rounder, Adam Pardy, and Scott Kosmachuk for Vermette?

How many years left on Vermette's contract?  If he's a UFA I'd pass.  The Jets have impressed me with their drafting skills so far, and Kosmachuk was getting solid reviews at the young guns tourney.

2nd rounder, Adam Pardy, and Scott Kosmachuk for Vermette?

How many years left on Vermette's contract?  If he's a UFA I'd pass.  The Jets have impressed me with their drafting skills so far, and Kosmachuk was getting solid reviews at the young guns tourney.

I'm not sure.  RIP Capgeek.

I like Kosmachuk as a prospect too but we're not going to be able to get all these guys in the lineup.  Kosmachuk, Ehlers, Copp, Petan... they all look good but you can't cram all the youth into the lineup at once.  I believe it would be wise to use one as trade bait.  There will be other good draft picks, I'm sure.

I'd strongly suspect they bring in some middle six help. Someone they can get for low picks or expendable prospect. They have the cap space to take an expensive rental vermette.

Any big splash would be in the off season when they have to make a decision on Buff/Ladd and the future of their D. If they look like perennial playoff contenders then they will spend more money.