Etch Fired

Jpan85

On 1290 radio this afternoon, it was stated that Etchverry was a mentor to O'Shea and O'Shea said that he tried to get Etcheverry to change certain things about the defence but Etchverry was resistant to changes unless ordered to make them, and that was the point of separation between them.

As far as a replacement, Claybrooks and others may be promising but it seems to me that an experienced DC like Richie Hall or Mike Benevides would be better choices- particularly Hall if he becomes available.

Who said anything about Claybrooks?!?!?  Talk about pulling a name out of nowhere.

Claybrooks has been mentioned on this forum several times, often facetiously, however.

I didn't notice. Nevertheless, I wont be convinced he's in the running until I hear he's at least been in town to meet management.

Fat chance that happens though.

All I said is they are not going to have their dirty laundry out in the air. Keep everything internal no leaks. Announce when you have made the decision. Which pretty much happened.

Whats bizarre is that people feel that this is a bad way of doing business.. Im of the belief that dont make noise until there reason to as well..

Why the need for info every step of every move tho... Baffling..

On 1290 radio this afternoon, it was stated that Etchverry was a mentor to O'Shea and O'Shea said that he tried to get Etcheverry to change certain things about the defence but Etchverry was resistant to changes unless ordered to make them, and that was the point of separation between them.

As far as a replacement, Claybrooks and others may be promising but it seems to me that an experienced DC like Richie Hall or Mike Benevides would be better choices- particularly Hall if he becomes available.

Who said anything about Claybrooks?!?!?  Talk about pulling a name out of nowhere.
Claybrooks has been mentioned on this forum several times, often facetiously, however.

I didn't notice. Nevertheless, I wont be convinced he's in the running until I hear he's at least been in town to meet management.

Fat chance that happens though.

The tweet that was posted said that Claybrooks was recently in Winnipeg for a meeting. If that's true then he has already been here and met with management.

Wow and it only took them a month and a half to do it.  Things still moving at the speed of light in Winnipeg.

Cause it matters so much considering it's ******* december.....smh

Just goes to show the rampant dysfunction that still exists in the Bomber front office.  Power struggle for a month and a half over firing a coordinator.

Why are you married to this idea that the length of time it took to make the announcement automatically means there was a power struggle?   That's a pretty huge leap, based on complete lack of facts to support that.

I guess when you leave the fan base twisting in the wind for 7 weeks after the season, it leaves a lot of time for speculation. My bad, I guess. I should just buy my tickets like a good little boy and stop questioning anything the Bombers do.

Lemmings Atomic. That's all they are. Can't question because you're not loyal. Can't ask why things are taking so long because you're impatient. Some fans would jump off a 500 meter cliff if Walters told them so just because Walters told them so. Relax he'd say, you'll land on your feet. Won't hurt a bit. They'd believe him. I'm just glad the guy is gone so we can move forward with a coach who can actually build a defense. Besides, like the majority of us didn't think it would end this way? 

Pfft, the benevolent Kyle Walters would never ask such a thing. By his Grace and all things Blue and Gold, if he did ask such a test of our faith, we would land on our feet and it wouldn't hurt a bit.

Now go repent for your blasphemous slander of anything Blue and Good.

In fairness Iso, you deserved to be mocked. You've become Nate-like in your world view. Everybody is a koolaid drinking lemming except you (and maybe Atomic). Only you can see things for how they really are.

As a fan who wants the team to win, by far the most important thing the Bombers can do is swiftly and thoughtlessly act in a manner that appeases my angst.

Coming up with a thoughtful and reasoned plan of action?  Screw that garbage!

APPEASE ME!  ME ME ME ME ME!!!

Wow and it only took them a month and a half to do it.  Things still moving at the speed of light in Winnipeg.

Just goes to show the rampant dysfunction that still exists in the Bomber front office.  Power struggle for a month and a half over firing a coordinator.

Why are you married to this idea that the length of time it took to make the announcement automatically means there was a power struggle?   That's a pretty huge leap, based on complete lack of facts to support that.

I guess when you leave the fan base twisting in the wind for 7 weeks after the season, it leaves a lot of time for speculation. My bad, I guess. I should just buy my tickets like a good little boy and stop questioning anything the Bombers do.

Lemmings Atomic. That's all they are. Can't question because you're not loyal. Can't ask why things are taking so long because you're impatient. Some fans would jump off a 500 meter cliff if Walters told them so just because Walters told them so. Relax he'd say, you'll land on your feet. Won't hurt a bit. They'd believe him. I'm just glad the guy is gone so we can move forward with a coach who can actually build a defense. Besides, like the majority of us didn't think it would end this way? 

Pfft, the benevolent Kyle Walters would never ask such a thing. By his Grace and all things Blue and Gold, if he did ask such a test of our faith, we would land on our feet and it wouldn't hurt a bit.

Now go repent for your blasphemous slander of anything Blue and Good.

I'll go quote you scriptures. After all I live in Alberta which is a Lake Of Fire. ;)

Most of the fan base aren't pining away at whether or not our DC or OC are going to be fired or not.  They're actually living their lives and probably forgot about CFL.

The very few of us that do care, are here on this board or another one.

Dallas Eakins got fired, that's all I care about right now. Good point - I don't really pay much attention to the CFL as it's pretty slow going. Glad they made some changes. For those that want MB gone - I'd wait until our QB gets his **** together before hollering for a new OC - man refused to throw the ball 'cept to his first read - and no OC can fix that with a game plan. Brohm (when healthy) and Robert Marve proved they could move the ball with the same scheme just fine. I know most people here stick their heads in the sand when this is brought up - but facts are facts. Willy was terrible in the second half of the year, not Marcel, not the scheme. That's why he's back next year (Marcel). 

There are so many strawmen in this paragraph you're going to have buy some farm land.

Nobody, literally nobody, is saying you "can't question" the team or franchise.

Can't question? With the kool aid drinkers here??? Sure. Where have you been the past 6 weeks? Anytime anyone asked anything about the Bombers & the status of the coaching staff, in particular the coordinators... they were put down, insulted, mocked & ridiculed... You guys can mock me all you want for saying what I just did  but I feel vindicated as I was against this hiring right from the start & never changed my mind about Etcheverry & that eventually he would be fired. Hate to see anyone lose their job but he was the wrong hire from Day 1.

That's funny ISO - weren't you the one running me down for my diatribe on calling it as it was with Willy? You defended him to the point of being ridculous - claiming his 4 for 12 for 30 net yards in a half was because of no open receivers. In the Edmonton game, Brohm came in in the FIRST half and WHAM had more yards passing in the first drive then Willy had yeah no open receivers  :rolleyes:

There are so many strawmen in this paragraph you're going to have buy some farm land.

Nobody, literally nobody, is saying you "can't question" the team or franchise.

Can't question? With the kool aid drinkers here??? Sure. Where have you been the past 6 weeks? Anytime anyone asked anything about the Bombers & the status of the coaching staff, in particular the coordinators... they were put down, insulted, mocked & ridiculed... You guys can mock me all you want for saying what I just did  but I feel vindicated as I was against this hiring right from the start & never changed my mind about Etcheverry & that eventually he would be fired. Hate to see anyone lose their job but he was the wrong hire from Day 1.

That's funny ISO - weren't you the one running me down for my diatribe on calling it as it was with Willy? You defended him to the point of being ridculous - claiming his 4 for 12 for 30 net yards in a half was because of no open receivers. In the Edmonton game, Brohm came in in the FIRST half and WHAM had more yards passing in the first drive then Willy had yeah no open receivers  :rolleyes:

I can't tell... was this meant as a Personal Message, but was accidentally posted on the forums? Because the other reason looks petty and vindictive with a dash of smug.

I'm just happy that we'd back in the running for Alex Hall, if, or when he comes back to the CFL.

No more of this, "doesn't fit in our system" BS.

When was that said?

O'Shea said the new DC will not pick any player personal going forward.

I meant when was it said by the Bombers that Hall wouldn't fit the system.

I'm just happy that we'd back in the running for Alex Hall, if, or when he comes back to the CFL.

No more of this, "doesn't fit in our system" BS.

When was that said?

O'Shea said the new DC will not pick any player personal going forward.

I meant when was it said by the Bombers that Hall wouldn't fit the system.

O'Shea said it on the coaches show.  Not those exact words.  He said there was no place for him in our defence.