Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

The latest:

starting defensive end Eric Norwood has been placed on the six-game injured list after an apparent household accident that required stitches. He’s not at practice. - Drew Edwards

*****Hamilton is not thrilled with this:

Odds to win the 2015 CFL Grey Cup

Calgary Stampeders 13/4

Saskatchewan Roughriders 5/1

Edmonton Eskimos 11/2

B.C. Lions 6/1

Hamilton Tiger-Cats 13/2

Montreal Alouettes 8/1

Toronto Argonauts 8/1

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 17/2

Ottawa RedBlacks 20/1

***** Ed Hervey, Edmonton, says “we feel like we’ve got a player in James (QB Franklin) With Matt Nichols likely to test the market at the end of the season we need to plan for the future at that position.”

***** There is already renewed unrest in #RNation over QB Henry Burris and coach Rick Campbell’s ability to lead the team to the next level. While patience was the name of the game in ’14, Ottawa fans are expecting wins this year. Preseason games have to be taken with a bit of a grain of salt, but they should also provide a glimpse of what the team will be once the games start to count. And while there were some positives, they were too few to leave even the most optimistic fan believing the Redblacks are ready to challenge for a playoff spot.

***** GM Marcel Desjardins indicated that he would be keeping an eye on other teams’ cut lists for potential kicking help. Brett Maher suffered a season ending injury.

***** BC Lions will keep all QBs - Jonathan Jennings, Greg McGhee, John Beck. Still concerned with the health of Lulay.

***** BC also has big concerns on their O-Line...

***** Toronto head coach Scott Milanovich explained why the Argos went with a vanilla package in exhibition. He doesn’t want to tip his hand. By putting out a team in disguise, it helps disrupt planning by the opposition when the real season kicks off.

Thx fer the update

The latest:

starting defensive end Eric Norwood has been placed on the six-game injured list after an apparent household accident that required stitches. He’s not at practice. - Drew Edwards

*****Hamilton is not thrilled with this:

Odds to win the 2015 CFL Grey Cup

Calgary Stampeders 13/4

Saskatchewan Roughriders 5/1

Edmonton Eskimos 11/2

B.C. Lions 6/1

Hamilton Tiger-Cats 13/2

Montreal Alouettes 8/1

Toronto Argonauts 8/1

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 17/2

Ottawa RedBlacks 20/1

***** Ed Hervey, Edmonton, says “we feel like we’ve got a player in James (QB Franklin) With Matt Nichols likely to test the market at the end of the season we need to plan for the future at that position.”

***** There is already renewed unrest in #RNation over QB Henry Burris and coach Rick Campbell’s ability to lead the team to the next level. While patience was the name of the game in ’14, Ottawa fans are expecting wins this year. Preseason games have to be taken with a bit of a grain of salt, but they should also provide a glimpse of what the team will be once the games start to count. And while there were some positives, they were too few to leave even the most optimistic fan believing the Redblacks are ready to challenge for a playoff spot.

***** GM Marcel Desjardins indicated that he would be keeping an eye on other teams’ cut lists for potential kicking help. Brett Maher suffered a season ending injury.

***** BC Lions will keep all QBs - Jonathan Jennings, Greg McGhee, John Beck. Still concerned with the health of Lulay.

***** BC also has big concerns on their O-Line...

***** Toronto head coach Scott Milanovich explained why the Argos went with a vanilla package in exhibition. He doesn’t want to tip his hand. By putting out a team in disguise, it helps disrupt planning by the opposition when the real season kicks off.

This sounds familiar, like I've read it before... did you just steal this directly from a Penton article? Should probably at least give credit where it's due...

This sounds familiar, like I've read it before... did you just steal this directly from a Penton article? Should probably at least give credit where it's due...

I'm glad you're up to date on your reading.

Right off the bat, you might notice the name Drew Edwards.

The Grey Cup odds are from the same article.

The rest of the mumble-jumble are bits and pieces from around the league.

Nowhere am I claiming credit for any information

It's odd that you think I would try to "steal" this info when it is readily out there.

My only purpose was to gather information and share it with whomever was interested.

Perhaps, next time, my time would be better spent waiting for you to fill the gap.

If you've even paid the slightest attention to information I supply, more times than not, I've given the source.

But, don't worry, it won't happen again, I just won't share.

It's odd that you think I would try to "steal" this info when it is readily out there.

My only purpose was to gather information and share it with whomever was interested.

Perhaps, next time, my time would be better spent waiting for you to fill the gap.

If you've even paid the slightest attention to information I supply, more times than not, I've given the source.

But, don't worry, it won't happen again.

Is this a poem?

Is this a poem?

If it is, he's a ******* brutal poet

Is this a poem?

No... No I think this might be the first time in the history of MMB that dee actually had some anger to vent..

What a sight to behold!