Mike Benevides Fired

Atomic

Yeah the D really wasn't the issue in BC at all, they went something like what? 3 or 4 games without giving up a TD at one point, the team to score that TD on them, The Bombers lol

Lawless pushing for Lapolice already to get the JOB there in BC. would Lapolice, after what he said about the controlling GM Joe Mack really want to take that JOB in BC if wally is actually running the show there? 

Well, Let's just say Benevides is one of i'm sure many soon to be candidates for the DC job. 

I suspect we will see lots of change on certain teams this year. Lots. 

The one question i'd have about Benevides would be, did he lose the room and if so, why?

Or was he just scapegoated by a GM who made some very questionable decisions in the off-season? 

Need to know the answer to that one before i'd hire him as DC. People can say what they want about Buono, but.. there is no doubt that it's his way or the highway, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, This seems to be one of the times where it didn't. To me, this screams Buono saving his own ass here. 

You listen to some of those BC players talk and say things like 24 should still be here, was that a benevides decision or was that a Buono decision to get rid of him?

I dunno, they got some problems there in BC tho. That's obvious. 

No surprise as far as Bene goes. 50-17 in a playoff game will get you ticket out of town but that was just the icing on the cake. Benevides was in trouble all year and was not a popular guy in the locker room. I don't know what his record as dc was for the leos but it had to be pretty good as their defence was stalwart for a handful of years. Big changes in B.C. ,will there be a few here as well??