jets Pens...Shootout

BomberFan

Ladd really? In a shootout? He only ever scores garbage goals, and he's been ineffective all year.Might as well have put Thorbs out there. Kane? I guess I can see why. If Fleury was in a soccer net.

So nice call Paul. 5 forwards in the OT? No Buff? Lets not put the big man in to jam the net.

WTF? This is on you Maurice. We deserved to win.

I am so disapoint.

Best game of the year by far possibly in the entire NHL.

Don't matter that they lost in a shoot-out, they stood tall with the PENS all game long. I was watching with my girlfriend and I'm like I hope they end it in OT because if it goes to the shoot-out they will lose, She's like why? I'm like Crosby Malkin, It's not fair really... and it wasn't. 

Pens really didn't deserve the extra point tonight but they got it. Jets at times were jobbed by the refs, not saying the calls the refs made were suspect but i guess the calls they didn't make were a bit head scratching at times.

Regardless tho, great game. Jets showed up and played very very well against the best team in the league right now. 

Hell of a game, seemed like a play-off style game. 

Bomber fan has knowledge of the NHL and the Jets but i do have to admit that his post seems a little fueled by ??? emotion? or perhaps a few too many adult beverages. 

Kane played well all game, the entire team did, i would have been fine with anyone they put out there as long as it wasn't thorburn or enstrom, who i'm assuming would pass the puck on a shoot-out instead of shooting. 

Is Wheeler the real captain of this team? I know he doesn't wear the C but... the little things he does out there, definitely see him as a possible future captain.

Ladd played well all game too, The entire team did. 

They lost in a shoot-out to the best team in the league and Honestly, the best team in the league got a bit lucky that they even made it to OT as the Jets had several chances to end it with about 2 minutes or less left in the game. 

Pens got the puck left with about 20 seconds, enough time for a rush but instead of rushing up ice to try to score, were content on taking it to OT.

Jets pushed the pens to the limit tonight. 

One of the best team games the Jets have ever produced.  Hard to point to a single player that didn't give it his all in this game.  Comparable to a game 7 in the playoffs.

Jets deserved better, but win or lose, I believe this game was a real character builder for the team.  If the Jets continue to produce this sort of effort consistently, a playoff spot will most certainly be in their future.

Best game of the year by far possibly in the entire NHL.

Don't matter that they lost in a shoot-out, they stood tall with the PENS all game long. I was watching with my girlfriend and I'm like I hope they end it in OT because if it goes to the shoot-out they will lose, She's like why? I'm like Crosby Malkin, It's not fair really... and it wasn't. 

Pens really didn't deserve the extra point tonight but they got it. Jets at times were jobbed by the refs, not saying the calls the refs made were suspect but i guess the calls they didn't make were a bit head scratching at times.

Regardless tho, great game. Jets showed up and played very very well against the best team in the league right now. 

Hell of a game, seemed like a play-off style game. 

Bomber fan has knowledge of the NHL and the Jets but i do have to admit that his post seems a little fueled by ??? emotion? or perhaps a few too many adult beverages. 

Beverages and high emotion. I was really pissed off after such a great performance by the team to lose in that fashion. Refs sucked too. We really deserved to win that one. And I still wouldn't have put Ladd on the SO or put that group out in the OT period. I don't know what's wrong with Ladd, seems to not be on his game lately, And although I like Kane he isn't the most accurate shooter on the team, beauty goal on that magnificent feed by Wheels though.  Great game crappy ending. Call me what you want for caring,

Ladd has been a lot more on his game lately then he was to start the season.  I think in years past Ladd was the poster child for the Jets but the talent around him has caught up so he doesnt stand out as much.  6 or 7 goals says he's doing alright. 

Agreed about Wheeler.  In the past he'd disappear for long stretches.  Now, even if he's not scoring, he's flying around, hitting, fighting.  He's a beast.  If Ladd was traded right now, Wheeler would be captain.  In a year or two it might be a battle between him and Trouba.

Reffing was "ok".  I thought they gave the Jets a break on one call (cant remember which one now - oh maybe the Buff crosscheck of Downy that should have been a Pens PP but wasnt).  But they got completly hoodwinked by Downy into taking Buff off the ice for 12 minutes.  That was nonsense.  Plus, giving Trouba the extra penalty in the fight was a little off since, as Beyak pointed out, the Pens player dropped the gloves and was throwing punches too.

To turn back 5 Pens' PP's is remarkable.

I will say this though, maybe its time to dress Peluso if Wheeler and Kane are going to be fighting,.

Reffing was "ok".  I thought they gave the Jets a break on one call (cant remember which one now - oh maybe the Buff crosscheck of Downy that should have been a Pens PP but wasnt).  But they got completly hoodwinked by Downy into taking Buff off the ice for 12 minutes.  That was nonsense.  Plus, giving Trouba the extra penalty in the fight was a little off since, as Beyak pointed out, the Pens player dropped the gloves and was throwing punches too.

Trouba's very lucky he didn't get an instigator on that play. Went straight for him and threw his first punch before Sill had time to drop his mitts. I was happy that was all that was called on the play. IMO if you drops your gloves and throw a punch it should be called a fight.

Also lucky was Buff for only getting a minor for running Downie into the end boards after the goal. Could have been 5 for how cheap/dangerous it was.

Downie's greasy, but he's definitely effective. Played a good game and got Buff off his game. He was waving Buff to the box when the misconducts were called. No doubt that's what he wanted to happen. They must have been warned before hand to stay away from each other b/c that call came quick on that play.

Trouba's very lucky he didn't get an instigator on that play. Went straight for him and threw his first punch before Sill had time to drop his mitts. I was happy that was all that was called on the play. IMO if you drops your gloves and throw a punch it should be called a fight.

Also lucky was Buff for only getting a minor for running Downie into the end boards after the goal. Could have been 5 for how cheap/dangerous it was.

Downie's greasy, but he's definitely effective. Played a good game and got Buff off his game. He was waving Buff to the box when the misconducts were called. No doubt that's what he wanted to happen. They must have been warned before hand to stay away from each other b/c that call came quick on that play.

I agree.  Buff should have got more but didnt.  Giving him a ten minute later was ridiculous.  Unless he said something but it didnt look like it.  Downie was losing his mind.  Letting third line players take top end talents off the ice for ten minutes shouldnt happen so easily.  At least they wised up and booted Downie before his penalty had even expired.

Season ticket holder since day 1, and that's easily one of the better games I've seen at the Phonebooth. Jets played real well - engaged, fast, physical, positionally-sound. We deserved the 2 pts, and were the better team without a doubt. Build off this heading back on the road...same play vs. Ott, Car and the like, and those are W's.

Surprised at the way Pitt plays this year - extremely chippy. Game got out of hand at various points, due to Pitt being pesky buggers and some boneheaded officiating. Refs: The Pens already have Crosby and Malkin, they don't need biased officiating on their side too!! Numerous calls missed when a Jet was hauled down or hooked, then head-scratchers like the interference call in the 3rd where our D (who?) stood up a Pen at the line. That's not a penalty. Pavelec gets absolutely mauled twice, one time they even it up, 2nd time it's a PP Pitt. We go and get in Fleury's grill, who in turn gives Scheif a nasty slash on the back of the leg - Pens powerplay (huh?). Buff... I won't complain too much there...he got away with only getting a 2min to end the 2nd, and the 10 min misconduct was clearly the make up call. I've never seen a misconduct on a uneventful little scurmish like that.

The crowd, took it to another level last night. Very much reminiscent of year 1 - which is phenomenal. So few games at MTS have that energy these days.

Pitt fans...eeesh...they're not Mtl or Tor bad. But on the uninformed/dickish scale, they're near the top for sure. Mocking Pavs strong play because it's occuring in a contract year (whaaa?) was a favourite. We had 3 Pens fans from Ohio sitting behind us...pretty good ribbing back and forth...until the game ended and the overly excited/inebriated bloke behind us tumbled down 1.5 rows while spilling his beer. Kind of hope he's concused....not going to lie. 

You know who was pretty absent during the game last night besides in the shoot-out? Crosby, That is partially on the Little line who were seemingly matched up against Crosbys line all game. Little is a very under-rated player and every game he plays, he's always doing something positive. He doesn't always score but last night he was the guy who set up the opening goal of the game and he also helped shut the Crosby line down too.  Little does all the well Little things game in game out. 

Littles stat line vs the Pens.. 

0 goals 1 assist, +1. just about 23 minutes of ice time, 1 shot on goal (little lower for him than normal) 50% face-off percentage. That matched up against the Crosby line.

Not too bad at all really. 

All these  guys get paid lots of money, none of them are worth it, not one. That's why i think the amount of money they make shouldn't be a factor. I just find that lots of fans don't really appreciate little that much, but all he does is put up points every year he's been here.

Little is almost a PPG player. He's our top scorer right now. most points. 

All these  guys get paid lots of money, none of them are worth it, not one. That's why i think the amount of money they make shouldn't be a factor. I just find that lots of fans don't really appreciate little that much, but all he does is put up points every year he's been here.

Little is almost a PPG player. He's our top scorer right now. most points. 

He would definetly have been on my shootout selections. And Shief.