Playoff Prediction Thread - With Grey Cup Winner

USABomberfan

Well, the seeding is still yet to be determined, but the way things are playing out, this is what it is looking like:

East Seminfinal

Saskatchewan at Hamilton

West Semifinal: 

BC at Edmonton

East Final Host

Montreal

West Final Host

Calgary

My predictions for the games are as follows

Hamilton 31 Saskatchewan 6

Edmonton 28 BC 10

Montreal 22 Hamilton 19

Calgary 29 Edmonton 17

Grey Cup

Calgary 38 Montreal 28

Its gonna be a dogfight between Edmonton and Hamilton in a low scoring game dominated by scrambling quarterbacks and carnivorous D-lines. If it comes down to talent, the Esks have an edge but the difference could well be the coaching, and Austin gives the 'Cats a big edge there. 20-17 either way.

FrostyWinnipeg, on 03 Nov 2014 - 12:58 AM, said:FrostyWinnipeg, on 03 Nov 2014 - 12:58 AM, said:

Cal vs Sask in final. Cals had their name on the trophy since the beginning of the year.

I don't see the Riders winning anything in Montreal.  That place is a death trap for them.

TBURGESS, on 03 Nov 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

BC (Cross Over) vs Edmonton with an Edmonton win.

Same thing with BC, they never win in Montreal

• 2 weeks later...

SEMI-FINALS

Glenn vs. Crompton.  Nichols vs. Joseph.  All outdoor games with some great defences.  I don't think we're going to see a lot of points scored this weekend. 

BC 18 Montreal 14

Edmonton 21 Saskatchewan 11

FINALS

Huge questions out West: is Cornish available?  Is Reilly?  My brain says Calgary takes it, but my heart says Edmonton benefits from Calgary's annual choke job.

BC 24 Hamilton 17 (OT)

Edmonton 28 Calgary 27

GREY CUP

Edmonton 14 B.C. 10

This weekend, we've got 3 teams starting their backup QB's and one who's starting a QB with less than half a year's starting experience.  Low scoring affairs IMHO.

BC over Montreal - Glenn's the best backup QB in the league.  Been there.  Done that.  Montreal's wins have mostly come against the eastern teams.

Edmonton over Regina - Reilly out will make a huge difference so this one will likely be close, but Edmonton's a better team overall and if they can stop the run, they'll be off to Calgary next week.

BC going to Montreal playing a 1:00 eastern time game. Going to play a big part. Look how bad eastern teams struggle playing night games in BC.

This is a good point, and why I would not be surprised at all if Montreal beats them bad. It could be a very similar score to their week #2 matchup.  I'll go MTL 24, BC 15.

In the West, EDM 20, SSK 14.