The BEER thread

bluto

Gregg Zaun has a Grey Cup party every year went last year, it was sponsored by Steamwhistle. Open bar the whole night one of the best nights I had in awhile. Got a picture with Damon Allen.

Oh man, I remember going up to Arash Madani at that party and asking him why he hated the Bombers so much.  His response??  "I just write whatever people are going to get worked up about".

Then a friend of mine totally got cock blocked Damon Allen.  That is all.  For $50, it was a great party.  Should be crazy at Regina this year.

Beer wise,  I'm far from a beer snob.  But... I just cannot understand how anyone can drink the crap that is Bud Lite Lime, etc.  Usually I'll drink Keiths, Sleemans Honey Brown, or St James Pale Ale (aww Winnipeg).

it's cute when a girl thinks that drinking Sleemans Honey or Keiths IPA makes her a beer snob <3

Gregg Zaun has a Grey Cup party every year went last year, it was sponsored by Steamwhistle. Open bar the whole night one of the best nights I had in awhile. Got a picture with Damon Allen.

Oh man, I remember going up to Arash Madani at that party and asking him why he hated the Bombers so much.  His response??  "I just write whatever people are going to get worked up about".

Then a friend of mine totally got cock blocked Damon Allen.  That is all.  For $50, it was a great party.  Should be crazy at Regina this year.

Beer wise,  I'm far from a beer snob.  But... I just cannot understand how anyone can drink the crap that is Bud Lite Lime, etc.  Usually I'll drink Keiths, Sleemans Honey Brown, or St James Pale Ale (aww Winnipeg).

You could still branch out a little from your tatstes if you wanted, and still not be considered a snob if that's what your worried about...

Half Pints Bulldog Amber is probably my go-to beer.

If I'm out somewhere I'll usually order something Rickards a red or a white, or maybe a Keiths Red, or a Hoegarden. 

I don't like overly bitter beers, I like something with a clean aftertaste, but I'll drink a bottle of anything once.

If I'm out somewhere I'll usually order something Rickards a red or a white, or maybe a Keiths Red, or a Hoegarden. 

I don't like overly bitter beers, I like something with a clean aftertaste, but I'll drink a bottle of anything once.

If you like Hoegaarden, a wheat beer, I highly recommend Erdinger. It's typically available at the LC too, just not in mass quantities.

Commendable choice with the Half Pints too.

I love a good biiter. I was in heaven when I was in Australia. They have so many bitters. Favorite may have been Melborne Bitter.

Drink Ales and IPAs far more than straight up lagers but Amsterdam in TOR. makes a hell of a lager. Not crazy about their dark - too busy.

awesome patio there.

muskoka chairs all lined up right in front of the lake...

Just had a case of Amsterdam Boneshaker and one of their 650 ml Framboise brought up by my buddy from the Hammer, with a side of a team set of Tigercats cards.  The cards made nice kindling for the backyard fire pit.  The Boneshaker is just fantastic... lots of malt balancing out lots of hops. The Framboise was out of this world.  Better than Mill St.'s Frambozen, if you ask me. 

Might need to try their patio later this fall when I'm down your way.

• 8 months later...

This thread needs to be bumped again so here it is. Inspired by Calgary Beerfest a couple weeks ago. 

Perhaps the favourite that I sampled there was the Mill St. Tankhouse Ale

who else has tried some good beer lately? It's almost football season we need to get some suggestions out there for in game beverages. 

As per my post last year, I like white beers.

Tried a new one from the LC this weekend, Shock Top. 

White beer with a lemon flavor added. I also got a raspberry one that I might get into today.

The first few sips were terrible, it tasted like furniture polish, the lemon taste was just gross. But after the first few sips, the lemon taste really mellowed out, so I'm assuming it must have separated a bit and had a bunch sitting on top.

It was really, really good then. I would get it again for sure (if I can, I got the last one of each flavor of the shelf, and from what I hear other LC stores can't keep them on the shelf either), just will pour it into a glass instead of drinking from the can. 

I generally dislike beer.  I somewhat aquired a taste for it while promoting a "sponsor" at our shows.  So I would drink Bud to push people towards buying it.  It got to the point where I liked it but couldnt really drink any others. 

I'm all about the Michelob Ultra right now.  Though I did enjoy the Hopitmus Prime at Barley Brothers.