Brohm has a broken thumb; Willy to start

TBieber

One thing though...Many times this year we have been in 2nd and three or 2nd and five situations, and almost every single time, Willy has tried a pass over 20 yards. It has also happened from the 1-3 yard line in the red zone.

Bob asked Oshea about this. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I recall that he said there are always two or three plays called, and it's willy's decision which one he goes with. 

as an explanation for the long throws on short yardage.

Not sure what the solution is there.

just to comment on one post regarding Willy waiting for our receivers to get open, in my mind you are right to a degree, he doesn't seem to have the ability to throw the ball to the spot where the ball and receiver will meet - in other words not wait until the receiver is standing still waiting for the ball but rather throw the ball to a spot and have the receiver run to that spot  AKA Calvillo in Montreal and Ray in Toronto or Manning in Denver or Brady in New England.  

just to comment on one post regarding Willy waiting for our receivers to get open, in my mind you are right to a degree, he doesn't seem to have the ability to throw the ball to the spot where the ball and receiver will meet - in other words not wait until the receiver is standing still waiting for the ball but rather throw the ball to a spot and have the receiver run to that spot  AKA Calvillo in Montreal and Ray in Toronto or Manning in Denver or Brady in New England.  

Early in the year Willy was doing that though, I am telling you when he first hurt his hand the accuracy took a drop and I am convinced that the injuries he is plaything through are doing more to hinder him than people realize.

Early in the year Willy was doing that though, I am telling you when he first hurt his hand the accuracy took a drop and I am convinced that the injuries he is plaything through are doing more to hinder him than people realize.

Agree....

Noticed that after the 2nd helmet jam, on his throwing hand......he has had trouble hitting the long balls......that he connected on, in the first 5 games. 

And you always make the trade when the player's value is the highest, although Bomber management hasn't figured that out in a long time.

What? That sounds like a good way to be the farm team for everyone else in the league. 

Duh.....you have to get value back in return.

Tom Scott for Joe Popp is one example.

Kirk Penton ‏@PentonKirk 2h2 hours ago

Receiver Justin Wilson still getting first-team reps. Looks like he'll start this week. #Bombers

I'm looking forward to this.

Wilson just might be the unknown spark that can turn the game in our favour. You really only get one chance to 'jump' a team and make an impact and I'm hoping we can all jump up and yell:

"SURPRISE!"

One thing though...Many times this year we have been in 2nd and three or 2nd and five situations, and almost every single time, Willy has tried a pass over 20 yards. It has also happened from the 1-3 yard line in the red zone.

Bob asked Oshea about this. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I recall that he said there are always two or three plays called, and it's willy's decision which one he goes with. 

as an explanation for the long throws on short yardage.

Not sure what the solution is there.

Bob asked the question because I emailed him the question. It has been asked several times because it has happened multiple times, and O'shea always says the QB usually has four choices and it all depends on what the defence is showing. Trouble with that is that the passes over 20 yards when it second and 3 or 5 happens with much too much regularity for it to be the defensive formation being the sole cause of that happening.

This is a real annoyance for me, because it kills drives! My son and I have many interesting discussions about this. I always said it was the play calling, he always said it's Willy because he is basically a gun slinger and tries to do too much. I have come around to the idea it is Willy...I still like him though and think he will just get better.

O'shea must have been asked this in different ways at least 4 times now, and always answers it exactly the same way, which I also find frustrating. Bob says he agrees with me that it is a problem, but O'shea just side steps the issue.

WTF....according to this he just signed with the Packers.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/packers_sign_wr_justin_wilson/14222231

We reported a few days ago that the Green Bay Packers were going to work out rookie free agent wide receiver Justin Wilson. According to NFL Draft Diamonds, the Packers have signed Wilson. Today after an amazing workout with the Green Bay Packers, Justin Wilson signed a rookie free agent contract.  Justin has amazing hands, and speed and was a three time ALL-MEAC award winner at Delaware State.  Wilson put up huge numbers his junior and senior year at DSU, and will be a great addition to the Packers wide receiving core.

WTF....according to this he just signed with the Packers.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/packers_sign_wr_justin_wilson/14222231

We reported a few days ago that the Green Bay Packers were going to work out rookie free agent wide receiver Justin Wilson. According to NFL Draft Diamonds, the Packers have signed Wilson. Today after an amazing workout with the Green Bay Packers, Justin Wilson signed a rookie free agent contract.  Justin has amazing hands, and speed and was a three time ALL-MEAC award winner at Delaware State.  Wilson put up huge numbers his junior and senior year at DSU, and will be a great addition to the Packers wide receiving core.

The original story that website links to has a date of August 5, 2013.