The Video Game Thread

johnzo

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never played this but might pick it up this year.  Its long been considered the best fighting/wrestling game and now has a license with New Japan.  I remember that years ago, this game was popular because it featured a high ability to create any wrestler you wanted and some fans created our local guys.  I assume Omega is a regular character now since he's on the cover of the game.

The review has some screen shots which show how the game is inadvertently amusing with it's translations to English during the story mode where you start as a young lion in the New Japan dojo and work your way up.

https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2018/08/20/review-fire-pro-wrestling-world-ps4/309034/

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I've never played this but might pick it up this year.  Its long been considered the best fighting/wrestling game and now has a license with New Japan.  I remember that years ago, this game was popular because it featured a high ability to create any wrestler you wanted and some fans created our local guys.  I assume Omega is a regular character now since he's on the cover of the game.

The review has some screen shots which show how the game is inadvertently amusing with it's translations to English during the story mode where you start as a young lion in the New Japan dojo and work your way up.

https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2018/08/20/review-fire-pro-wrestling-world-ps4/309034/

I don't think it will ever beat....

MAT MANIA!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Universal acclaim and sparkling reviews across the board.

Game Informer - 10/10 "Rockstar Games has outdone itself again with Red Dead Redemption II."
IGN - 10/10 "...one of the greatest games of the modern age."
EGM - 10/10 "...one of the most gorgeous, seamless, rootinest, tootinest games ever made, and if you voluntarily miss out on it, you're either not a gamer or in a coma."

GOTY? I absolutely cannot wait to play this.

Got Red Dead.  Barely scratched the surface (Took awhile just to download it).  Games like this always take some time getting into because the first few chapters you're mostly watching the game play out...and learning how to play.  But the graphics, voice acting, sound editing...superb.

16 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I'm amazed at the size of the install file (~100GB) for this game. But this looks like the trend for console gaming, so it is what it is. That being said, I can't even install the game on my PS4. LOL

Time to upgrade the HDD again. Went with this bad boy: https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX65926

I had a similar issue so deleted a couple of games.  Im not a big gamer so it wasnt a big deal (I basically play one at a time, maybe 2 if I have NHL going).  But their next console is really going to have to have a massive hard drive if gamers want to keep multiple games active.

Just now, JCon said:

I had a Genesis but with Sonic. That was one fast hedgehog. 

I was a nintendo guy myself.  I remember a friend had....Im sure it was Genesis.  He got it because it had a home version of an arcade game that escapes my memory, but something about turning into a wolf.  We thought it was cool.  

I remember my parents bought us the original NES on a vacation to Mount Rushmore.    To think how awesome we thought those gaming systems were...and compare them to Red Dead today.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

I was a nintendo guy myself.  I remember a friend had....Im sure it was Genesis.  He got it because it had a home version of an arcade game that escapes my memory, but something about turning into a wolf.  We thought it was cool.  

I remember my parents bought us the original NES on a vacation to Mount Rushmore.    To think how awesome we thought those gaming systems were...and compare them to Red Dead today.

I had both. I bought the Genesis in high-school and the NES from buddy in Junior High.

Altered Beast (the game that was included in the package above) had a guy that turned (altered 😉) into a beast. I remember that in arcades.