The Video Game Thread

johnzo

Just finished God Of War. 

Pretty good game. Solid Story, has a good leveling mechanic, the voice acting is really good.

Totally recommend it. If you are looking to play it and are one of those that likes to explore and are an 85% completionist or higher- I recommend bee lining it to the end with minimal exploration and then go freaking hog wild in the New Game+ mode. 

Solid, Solid game.

58 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Just finished God Of War. 

Pretty good game. Solid Story, has a good leveling mechanic, the voice acting is really good.

Totally recommend it. If you are looking to play it and are one of those that likes to explore and are an 85% completionist or higher- I recommend bee lining it to the end with minimal exploration and then go freaking hog wild in the New Game+ mode. 

Solid, Solid game.

LOVE the God of War games.  The original series on PS3 with the Greek Mythology was fantastic, and the move over to Norse mythology was brilliant.

I've been out of the loop on video games since the PS3 really. I own all the consoles since but did very little gaming due to time constraints. I have invested in a decent gaming computer and bought a loaded hdd with Batocera and games so I can catch up on some titles and do some other retro gaming that isn't as time consuming. It took some setting up but I sure love the Batocera front end and ease of use. Having 60000 games at my disposal is fantastic. Now to find the time.....

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else playing Elden Ring? Wow!

I'm already a Souls fan so I was sold from day one... even then, what an INCREDIBLE game that exceeded my already lofty expectations. Where other open worlds tout how big they are and you can 'go anywhere you see' only to find it boring and empty when you get there... Elden Ring HIDES just how massive it is. The world map just keeps zooming out the more I explore... hidden areas hidden within hidden areas... then you find out there is an underground zone with IT'S OWN map superimposed over the regular world map.... just massive and packed to the brim... no wasted spaces, no boring scenes, just pure gold. Even this many generations of the 'Souls-type' game later I still get the sweaty-palmed exhilaration that comes with finally beating that boss that's been mudholing you for the last hour

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2023-06-13 at 8:02 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

FFVXI demo for PS5 dropped yesterday. Pretty large file and your progress can be saved for when the game launches next week.

Highly recommended! And it looks beautiful.

Anyone else pick this up yet?

What a fantastic game. So beautifully polished and addictive.

If there's a reason to own a PS5, FFXVI is it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...