The Video Game Thread

johnzo

I'm surprised I haven't seen any mention of the new football game. Maximum Football 2020. Finally a game with CFL rules and field size. I've heard it's pretty weak in regards to graphics and actual game play. But hey...it's something. I haven't picked up a copy as the price tag is too high, but I do plan on getting it eventually.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Game has been out a while but have really enjoyed PGA2k1. Had not bought a system since PS2 with covid in all decided to buy a Xbox one X before Christmas to have some social interaction. Its easy to play and pretty good even if your not a golf fan.

I have that one too. It's alright, not quite as good as the old Tiger Woods PGA tour games but still decent. Have you tried to the course builder yet?

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Game has been out a while but have really enjoyed PGA2k1. Had not bought a system since PS2 with covid in all decided to buy a Xbox one X before Christmas to have some social interaction. Its easy to play and pretty good even if your not a golf fan.

I've been playing it on Stadia. It really is good. 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Does this have anything to do with Catholic rituals?

Let's see... there is a chosen one destined to save the world by sacrificing their life... there is a resurrection... numerous references to Cerberus and Lazarus... if it wasn't for all the alien lesbian sex it could probably pass for biblical, if not Catholic

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Looks good- I might have to pick this up to keep me busy until the new KOTOR remaster comes out.

Once I cleared the whopping 105 GB of space it required I found it is very polished and much improved. It's been a while since I played ME1 on the 360, but I remember it being pretty rough to play (despite being one of my all-time favorites). No regrets paying sticker price for this slick new version

• Jpan85 featured and unfeatured this topic
2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Let's see... there is a chosen one destined to save the world by sacrificing their life... there is a resurrection... numerous references to Cerberus and Lazarus... if it wasn't for all the alien lesbian sex it could probably pass for biblical, if not Catholic

Subscribed. 

• 1 month later...

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/07/steam-deck-is-valves-switch-like-portable-pc-starting-at-399-this-december/

Valve took the wraps off its new Switch-like portable PC, now dubbed the Steam Deck, confirming that it is indeed the hardware Ars Technica wrote about earlier this year. The device will begin shipping later this year at a starting price of $399.

The hefty-looking console, which is 11.7 inches long (compared to 9.4 inches for the default Switch with Joy-Cons), will launch at three price points, differentiated by built-in storage capacity, higher SSD speed ratings (jumping from default eMMC storage to a pricier NVMe protocol), and differently tempered glass on its screen. Those upgraded versions will cost $529 (256GB) and $649 (512GB, "anti-glare etched glass"). Both pricier bundles include a carrying case.

All models will have the same AMD-powered combination of a four-core Zen 2 CPU and a RDNA 2 GPU, which Valve describes as a "custom" APU. Each model also includes 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM, a 40 Whr battery (guaranteeing "2-8 hours of gameplay" on a single charge), a microSD card slot for expandable storage, and a 7-inch, 1280x800, 60 Hz touchscreen LCD.