The Video Game Thread

johnzo

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Considering PC's from ten years ago could emulate PS2 games it shouldn't be a problem for this to do the same.

It's not that the systems don't have capacity to be backwards compatible, it's that the makers want to be able to control the content and resell it to the new consoles. 

Pre-ordered my Red Ded Redemption II for PC coming out Nov5. Can't wait. The game looks gorgeous on PS4 already, and with an additional 60GB or so of graphical and audio enhancements it should be enough to bring my PC to it's knees. I'm desperately trying to free up space on my SSD. I think I have enough room with about 10GB to spare haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2019-10-18 at 8:51 AM, MOBomberFan said:

Pre-ordered my Red Ded Redemption II for PC coming out Nov5. Can't wait. The game looks gorgeous on PS4 already, and with an additional 60GB or so of graphical and audio enhancements it should be enough to bring my PC to it's knees. I'm desperately trying to free up space on my SSD. I think I have enough room with about 10GB to spare haha

Rootin Tootin Cowboy Shootin 2 for PC is incredible. I needed to spend over $400 beefing up my graphics card but since then it's been the best gaming experience I've had in quite a while.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread, but has anyone played Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order?

Seems to NOT be a MMORPG and just single player (which for me is a big plus).

Is it any good? How would it compare to KOTOR?

Thanks

Its pretty fun. The combat system is solid- customize lightsabres - Big win. Story mode is pretty cool. It's not like KOTOR- it's more of an ARPG- real time, not turn based. 

Story is alright... 

I recommend it.  

44 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread, but has anyone played Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order?

Seems to NOT be a MMORPG and just single player (which for me is a big plus).

Is it any good? How would it compare to KOTOR?

Thanks

It's an OK game, worth playing, especially for Star Wars fans.  It's closer to KOTOR than anything else that has come out for Star Wars games but I didn't find it to be on the same level.

I enjoyed it but was definitely hoping for more (I found it very short) so there is lots of room for improvement in any potential sequels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2020-03-02 at 9:19 AM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I remember when the Original FF7 dropped- that was mind blowing.

I've played the demo five times now. And it's amazing each and every time.

When the full game drops next month, it is going to be nothing short of epic, much like the original game was at the time.

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I've played the demo five times now. And it's amazing each and every time.

When the full game drops next month, it is going to be nothing short of epic, much like the original game was at the time.

My only concern is how long is it going to take for the next chapter to come out....