The Video Game Thread

johnzo

i had civ 1 recently on an snes emulator (i believe) im guilty of having mercy on those peace loving nations, and accepting their last penny and ounce of knowledge only to destroy them a turn later in pure enjoyment.  peace will only exist once we all salute emperor turd ferguson of the roman empire

SNES civ 1 was the first civ I ever played.  What an awesome game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anyone get Halo 5? 

The game feels like Call of Duty while Destiny feels like old school Halo to me....   

The warzone is fun but I find it's quite unbalanced with how many points you get from killing NPC enemies.... it seems like holding bases isn't as valuable as getting lucky and finishing off elites/bosses that spawn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice! 

I got Advanced Warfare and Batman Arkham Knight for Christmas.  Im not a huge gamer.  My go-to games are Grand Theft Auto and NHL.  I have a few Call of Duty games because I enjoy the campaigns (way too short though).  And the Batman games are pretty good too.

I didnt get Battlefront.  i heard there was no campaign and unless you want to play online, its pointless.  Hopefully they rectify that this year.

Just now, bigg jay said:

I got battlefront and can confirm that.  I'm not a huge fan of online gaming or first person shooters so it definitely has limited appeal other than nerding out to the star wars aspect of things.

Totally ridiculous.  Should have had a super deep, lengthy campaign mode.  Even a basic story that just loosely connect the battles like the second version.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Totally ridiculous.  Should have had a super deep, lengthy campaign mode.  Even a basic story that just loosely connect the battles like the second version.

Yep, once I got it and got over the star wars novelty (which I do still enjoy tbf), I looked into it to see if there was anything else about it I would enjoy.  

There should be but there's not.

One review I read summed it up perfectly:  "I've never fallen in & out of love with a game this fast before."

• 1 month later...

I'm not much of a gamer these days, really never was. But recently I got the PS3 going for something other than Netflix or NHL and bought some games I never bothered with before - GTA5, Borderlands2, Far Cry2 and Dead Island.

WHAT I really have an itch to play though is Battlefront!  I was in love with the first one, friends and I spent hundreds of hours on multiplayer. But now my Xbox is dead and I can't stomach the price of XboxOne or PS4. QUESTION - is there any chance that buying Battlefront 2 for PS2 would work on my PS3???

I've tried finding an answer online...some sources saying absolutely not. Others say if it's the original PS3 (bigger, bulky - which I have) it should work, but the slim's won't. One site mentioned 2 different original PS3 models; one with 2 USB ports (won't play PS2 games) and 4 USB ports (will play PS2 games).

Thoughts? Advice? Mockery? #firstworldproblems

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I'm not much of a gamer these days, really never was. But recently I got the PS3 going for something other than Netflix or NHL and bought some games I never bothered with before - GTA5, Borderlands2, Far Cry2 and Dead Island.

WHAT I really have an itch to play though is Battlefront!  I was in love with the first one, friends and I spent hundreds of hours on multiplayer. But now my Xbox is dead and I can't stomach the price of XboxOne or PS4. QUESTION - is there any chance that buying Battlefront 2 for PS2 would work on my PS3???

I've tried finding an answer online...some sources saying absolutely not. Others say if it's the original PS3 (bigger, bulky - which I have) it should work, but the slim's won't. One site mentioned 2 different original PS3 models; one with 2 USB ports (won't play PS2 games) and 4 USB ports (will play PS2 games).

it should, i believe the fat PS3's plays PS2 games, like PS2 plays PS1 games,  but there might be a way to play PS2 games on the slim ps3's, im just not sure if they do for sure or not

the fat Ps3's when ps3 first came out where soo much better cuz you could modify them, sony really got stingy when they rereleased the ps3 as slim

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

This is correct.  You want the "fat" PS3 with 4 usb ports to play PS2 games.  Battlefront 2 is on the list of PS2 games that will work with that PS3.

You can jailbreak your PS3 if you don't have that model... but doing that can get you banned from the Playstation Network.

17 hours ago, bigg jay said:

This is correct.  You want the "fat" PS3 with 4 usb ports to play PS2 games.  Battlefront 2 is on the list of PS2 games that will work with that PS3.

You can jailbreak your PS3 if you don't have that model... but doing that can get you banned from the Playstation Network.

This is where I'm confused, though. Mine has 2 USB ports, not 4. 

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Then you are SOL I'm afraid.  I have the same model of ps3 & can't play ps2 games either.  The 4 USB model was the very 1st one out so there aren't many of them out there that are still in working condition.

Dang it!

But hey, I appreciate the answers! Now at least I can drop it hahaha.