The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That was also a wondeful scene.  She is CRAZY beautiful.  And glaringly absent from the finale.

I've enjoyed this show's first season.  Hasn't been as good as it could be I'd say (I'm indifferent to the mob angle) but the music stuff onstage and the behind the scenes stuff has been fun to watch.  And it's always a treat to watch Olivia Wilde.  And Juno Temple too.

13 hours ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

I've enjoyed this show's first season.  Hasn't been as good as it could be I'd say (I'm indifferent to the mob angle) but the music stuff onstage and the behind the scenes stuff has been fun to watch.  And it's always a treat to watch Olivia Wilde.  And Juno Temple too.

Im not a huge music person but I really really love how they use music on this show.  They really invoke emotion.  I love the "interludes" or whatever you'd call them with impersonators doing great jobs portraying classic artists singing.  And the episode with Elvis was awesome.

I've read several reviews that say the low points of Season One was the mob angle because it shoe-horned in a "Sopranos-lite" aspect that the show didnt need.  Terrence Winters was canned so there will likely be changes to the show.  One thing I know Winters indended to do was jump ahead in time, much like he did on Boardwalk Empire.  Not sure if that aspect will change now but given the way the season ended I dont think they can really jump too far ahead.

I was never familar with Juno Temple and now I think Im in love.  She's terrific.

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im not a huge music person but I really really love how they use music on this show.  They really invoke emotion.  I love the "interludes" or whatever you'd call them with impersonators doing great jobs portraying classic artists singing.  And the episode with Elvis was awesome.

I've read several reviews that say the low points of Season One was the mob angle because it shoe-horned in a "Sopranos-lite" aspect that the show didnt need.  Terrence Winters was canned so there will likely be changes to the show.  One thing I know Winters indended to do was jump ahead in time, much like he did on Boardwalk Empire.  Not sure if that aspect will change now but given the way the season ended I dont think they can really jump too far ahead.

I was never familar with Juno Temple and now I think Im in love.  She's terrific.

I'll also give props to the male leads too. James Jagger is good as the Nasty Bits singer, Ray Romano has surprised me in how much I like his character (never really was a fan of his before this), and Bobby Cannavale is just fun to watch (can go from 0 to 100mph and back at the drop of a hat).  I definitely agree the mob angle is a low point since I can get that from other shows that do it much better.  Hopefully for next season they focus on more bands at the expense of some of the mob/cop stuff. 

10 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

I'll also give props to the male leads too. James Jagger is good as the Nasty Bits singer, Ray Romano has surprised me in how much I like his character (never really was a fan of his before this), and Bobby Cannavale is just fun to watch (can go from 0 to 100mph and back at the drop of a hat).  I definitely agree the mob angle is a low point since I can get that from other shows that do it much better.  Hopefully for next season they focus on more bands at the expense of some of the mob/cop stuff. 

I agree. Great cast all around!  

I used to listen to mudvayne all the time, Chad Gray moving over to Hellyeah and joined by Vinnie Paul was what intrigued me to give em a listen. 

As for Korn, I saw them in july 2000 and was a pretty good show, but yeah they've gone straight down hill since Head left the band. I heard a few months back despite releasing a new record,  they were going on tour (I think maybe with Slipknot) and playing their self titled album in it's entirety - which would be cool as it was their best album. I was a little surprised when I saw them billed with limp bizkit on that montebello rock fest in june. Never seen limp bizkit but i'll admit they were a guilty pleasure in the late 90's from their first 2 albums

• 2 weeks later...