The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

• 1 month later...

Im not a big music listener unless I am working out which isnt too often lately.  So I "catch" songs hear and there and usually get them stuck in my head.

For example, that "All About That Bass" song is often stuck on a loop in my mind (though I find the the backlash quite interesting).  Since Im a talk radio listener when in the car, I often have that visectomy commercial stuck in my head.

Im not a big music listener unless I am working out which isnt too often lately.  So I "catch" songs hear and there and usually get them stuck in my head.

For example, that "All About That Bass" song is often stuck on a loop in my mind (though I find the the backlash quite interesting).  Since Im a talk radio listener when in the car, I often have that visectomy commercial stuck in my head.

Ah, yeah, they always play that song at the Huskie football games. Big ear worm, although I don't hate it or anything. It's not my thing; I like rock music more. It has a much bigger impact on me in lyrics and sound than pop.

...and out come the wolves by Rancid

Maybe one of the greatest albums of the 90's? All I know is 20 years later it still holds up

Great call.. Some of the best punk tunes put out.. Love Rancid and was so happy i got to cross off seeing them live on the bucket list at rock on the range (even if tim wasnt rocking the liberty spikes)

• 2 weeks later...

If you like Appalachian doomgrass where a dude with a banjo wails about the devil lurking on your threshold waiting to steal your soul away, then check this tastiness from Sixteen Horsepower.

They also sing brooding songs about Hutterite life which are maybe mildly NSFW for paintings of boobs.

johnzo

nice tunes, thanks! 

you definitely should go to hear danny barnes, he plays regularly in and around seattle. I've seen him twice in wpg, you will really like his music.

latest album stream to listen to free here…

http://dannybarnes.bandcamp.com/album/shri-108

electronica banjo:

http://dannybarnes.bandcamp.com/album/junior-sampled

also split lip ray filed,  (is no longer in existence)… the bass is made out of a car gas tank. great band