The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

Texas Country is about the only REAL Country left. I like to add some stuff that generally only appears on the Texas charts to my playlist. Spinning the new Sunny Sweeney/Will Hoge duet ("My Bed") and the new Ray Scott ("Ain't Always Thirsty") in regular rotation right now. Just absolutely killer, PURE COUNTRY songs...

Noller what's your thoughts on Whitey Morgan and the 78's?

Texas Country is about the only REAL Country left. I like to add some stuff that generally only appears on the Texas charts to my playlist. Spinning the new Sunny Sweeney/Will Hoge duet ("My Bed") and the new Ray Scott ("Ain't Always Thirsty") in regular rotation right now. Just absolutely killer, PURE COUNTRY songs...

Noller what's your thoughts on Whitey Morgan and the 78's?

Highly respected group in the whole Alt-Country/Americana scene. A little edgier than what I listen to, but I dig what they do...it's like a Texas Rock kinda thing.

• 1 month later...

I like Paul...I really do. He's a good guy and means well. He's gone WAY overboard with the preachy church stuff lately, and then even the stuff that's not overly preachy is basically a 90s Pop/Rock song. There's zero trace of a steel guitar on this track anywhere. Same deal with Jess's stuff. She's cool, nice chick and everything...but they're just a lotta pop songs coming from her. 

This Open Road track is basically something that woulda been on Pop/Rock radio around 2000...

• 3 weeks later...

Figured this thread was as good a place as any.

Rumor has it Slash and Axl are on speaking terms again and now this from Rolling Stone:

Rumors of a Guns N' Roses reunion have been swirling for months, but things went semi-nuclear earlier this week when an article on Dish Nation flatly said it was happening and Brandi Glanville, a friend of Duff McKagan's wife, blurted out "Guns N' Roses is coming back, motherfuckers!" in a video interview. Tweets from the official Guns N' Roses account fueled speculation: "Surely they'll read between the lines," "If only they could read lips ...," "Of course today everyone is a jouranlist [sic]" and "What ever happened to no news is good news?" And yesterday, Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe chimed in with his own two cents.

• 4 months later...