The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just now, iHeart said:

I like Fela Kuti and have a few of his albums. 

That's quite the list of artists. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

The best thing ever is she wants to do a rock album. 

Jack White did some amazing work with miss Loretta....I'd let him (or how about someone like Grohl???) take a stab at a Dolly rock album. Nobody tells the queen what she can or can't do...

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

Country, Bluegrass, Gospel.....not at any point, anything resembling Rock. Wish more artists had that level of integrity. 

I

She wrote "I will always love you, " and I think just for that should be in the rock and roll hall,of fame.

"Whitney Houston recorded a rendition of the song for the 1992 film The Bodyguard. Houston's single spent 14 weeks at the number-one spot of the Billboard Hot 100 chart, setting a new record at the time, becoming one of the best-selling singles of all time,[2] and the best-selling single by a woman.[3][4]

The song has been recorded by many other artists including Linda Ronstadt,[5]John Doe,[6] Amber Riley, LeAnn Rimes[7] and Sarah Washington, whose dance version reached number 12 on the UK Singles Chart."

Dolly seems modest, and doesn't want any awards. 

Aside from  this, she is one of the finest public figures we've got. 

Edited by Mark F

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't know what any of that has to do with Rock....

You are right, Nothing, but I think they gave up on that  a while ago. I would be shocked if whitney isnt in there.

eg.... Probably michael jackson is in, and he is not rock. Dont know, are the funk bands in? James brown probably is.

Edited by Mark F

8 minutes ago, Mark F said:

You are right, Nothing, but I think they gave up on that  a while ago. I would be shocked if whitney isnt in there.

eg.... Probably michael jackson is in, and he is not rock. Dont know, are the funk bands in? James brown probably is.

I completely understand what you're saying, and you're right....the RRHOF embarrassed itself years ago by inducting artists that have nothing to do with Rock and Roll. Hip Hop and Disco acts...honestly the ANTITHESIS of Rock......are in the Hall. It's a joke. So THANKFULLY Dolly has some integrity and said "Nope....I'm not Rock" and is staying out, because the Hall is too stupid to understand this themselves. 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So THANKFULLY Dolly has some integrity and said "Nope....I'm not Rock" and is staying out, because the Hall is too stupid to understand this themselves

Ah..now i get it.

I didnt see her explanation. Thanks.

just looked ....James Brown in in 86. Not even remotely rock.

Edited by Mark F

• 2 weeks later...