The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

literally just finished reading the Bachman story on Twitter just before I popped over here. Incredible. I've read 3 of RB's books and was quite familiar with the story of the lost Gretsch. Insane that they actually found it. I roll my eyes at this musician in Tokyo essentially holding it for ransom....get bent. But glad they worked something out anyhow...

Cher Sues Heirs Of Sonny Bono Over Song And Record Revenue

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Cher has sued the widow of her former musical partner and ex-husband Sonny Bono over royalties for Sonny and Cher songs including “I Got You Babe” and “The Beat Goes On.”

In a federal lawsuit filed in Los Angeles on Wednesday, Cher alleges that former Rep. Mary Bono and other defendants have attempted to terminate provisions of business agreements Cher and Sonny Bono reached when they divorced in 1975 that entitled each to 50% of songwriting and recording royalties.

The lawsuit says that Sonny Bono’s heirs filed notice in 2016 that they were terminating some of his song licensing agreements, but they “did not terminate, and could not have terminated” his agreements with Cher.

The breach-of-contract lawsuit alleges that the damages to Cher total at least $1 million.

Mary Bono’s attorney said the family’s moves are within their rights and the law.

“The Copyright Act allows Sonny’s widow and children to reclaim Sonny’s copyrights from publishers, which is what they did,” attorney Daniel Schacht said in a statement. “Representative Bono remains open to continuing a private discussion about this, but we are confident that, if necessary, the court will affirm their position.”

Cher Sues Heirs Of Sonny Bono Over Song And Record Revenue | HuffPost Entertainment

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2021-11-12 at 4:48 PM, iHeart said:

Britney's long national nightmare is over

I wish her all the best. She was just a little kid , a baby when she broke into the music scene. Those in control of her pimped her out . Sold sexual fantasies of a kid who wasn't an adult. She had no chance of a normal life. People laughed and mocked her when the inevitable issues and addictions came. Then those in control found a way to still fill their cash register and control her when she was an adult. The whole industry should be ashamed. Good luck kid is all I say. I hope it works out for you.

3 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I wish her all the best. She was just a little kid , a baby when she broke into the music scene. Those in control of her pimped her out . Sold sexual fantasies of a kid who wasn't an adult. She had no chance of a normal life. People laughed and mocked her when the inevitable issues and addictions came. Then those in control found a way to still fill their cash register and control her when she was an adult. The whole industry should be ashamed. Good luck kid is all I say. I hope it works out for you.

She's spent most of her entire life in the public eye, TV and music. Her parents, both of them, grifted off her. 

1 hour ago, the watcher said:

Dead in 2 years from drugs.

6 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Dead in 2 years from drugs.

From credible reports, she was very self-destructive when in the depths of her partying, which triggered the parental involvement. You may have noticed that in none of the reports, were there any mention of funds being misused or inappropriately taken. That would have been embezzlement.