The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

hey canada, c'mere let me give you a big sloppy hug you magnificent feelgoodsad friday night gen-x comfort mutt.
listen to how they pop the current singer slightly in the mix so they get a moment!
1:24 is such wholesomeness.
TAKE THE SOLO WHISTLE GUY!
🖖 to the guy playing in the plasma ball somewhere around 4:19, he's at 9o'clock in the mosaic

16 hours ago, iHeart said:

so this is happening today

glorious, I've never seen the whole thing.

impressed with the other Joey Elliott, the guy from Def Leppard.  Roger Daltrey sounds pretty good too.

hey, Tony Iommi!

Stone Cold Crazy ... the very first thrash metal song .. and who comes out to sing it but motherfucking James Hetfield.  a perfect moment in time.

damn Seal takes that Freddy anguish from Who Wants To Live Forever and makes it smooove.  gorgeous.

I would've paid my eye teeth to have seen Queen hit the road with George Michael after this.  He's one of the few at Freddy's level.  Lost him too early too. And that orange blazer is so dope.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow! Best live performance of this song that I've ever seen. David Gilmour was on the top of his game here. Maybe it was the atmosphere. The city of Pompeii & the concert inside an ancient Roman Colliseum but Gilmour seems inspired here.

A couple of things really stand out for me in this video. One, the drummer is having the time of his life playing while grinning from ear to ear throughtout the entire song. Two, at 6:48 an audience member reacts like, "What did I just see??!!" as the pyro goes off & the grand finale of the song is taking place. He puts his hands in the air & then grabs the back of his head in awe like it's something he's never experienced before. Music moves, comforts  & inspires us in so many ways. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, iHeart said:

I don't believe it someone is finally paying for this

Wow, I can't believe they've finally indicted someone. Although, getting an indictment does not mean justice will be served. I'll be watching this. 

For anyone unfamiliar but interested in the murder, I recommend the Netflix documentary: ReMastered: Who Killed Jam Master Jay?

• 1 month later...