The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I guess my first question is why???? If Phil Collins was healthy & in good shape I couId understand it. Collins fell offof his chair once already onstage. He was lying on the floor unable to get up  & had to be helped back into his seat. He was then taken to hospital. Physically he looks very weak from all the pictures I've seen. So, I don't know why they're doing this. See the source image

See the source image

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2020-03-29 at 3:07 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I guess my first question is why????

Even in their prime Genesis were wooden on stage.  Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks are both statues up there, Phil singing sitting down won't impact the show too much.

And like Matty says you gotta make hay while the sun shines; Genesis w/Phil Collins is a huge ticket and will make the non-Phil guys some bank for retirement.  Can't begrudge someone pushing their careers one more year to set up their retirement and I'm sure Genesis fans will enjoy a last opportunity to see them.  Too bad they couldn't get Peter Gabriel, that would be an epochal tour.

So sad what happened to Phil, he's a fantastic drummer whose sounds defined an era but poor posture behind the kit screwed up his back and puts him in terrible pain when he plays, so he's just a vocalist now.  Good that he can still tour and perform as a pure frontman.

(though who knows if anyone will be touring anytime soon)

Edited by johnzo

We're a hobby thing, we're not serious about touring and recording and so forth, pretty much everyone in the band has kids. We recorded this EP a couple years ago after we got a little cash windfall but we haven't marketed it at all ... though if Noeller was interested in playing us we would def. take his call...

https://iandtheboys.bandcamp.com/track/nimrod

(forget the 'I and the Boys" name, that's kind of an old name we don't use anymore, we are Free Candy for the most part now)

We play together every week, a mix of jamming and covers and originals, and we gig in small places and house parties around town a couple times a year.  It's a great situation, pretty low stress for the most part but occasionally we put our noses to the grindstone and put a show together and invite all our friends.  Nothing compares to playing live for people but holy cow it can be stressful...

All of us (except the sax player) are trying to write songs, so our originals are all over the map, we have country songs and romantic pop songs and my stomping folk/blues songs, we don't really have a sound that's "ours" if you know what I mean.  it makes it more fun for me but sometimes we give the audience whiplash when we go from INXS to Blue Oyster Cult to disco in the space of three songs (I also sing Godzilla and I Will Survive in our set, though I do those from behind the drums)

Edited by johnzo

• 2 weeks later...

just dropped this on Youtube. couple friends helped out on bass and sax. It's astonishing what people with iphones can do without ever leaving the house.

you want some super chill reggae trip-hop pumped up with some French absurdist despair, here ya go:

• 2 weeks later...