Boudreaux Trade

Floyd

It's not the Rider fans that are the problem. It's the fact that every second thread has someone starting a piss match over them that is.

Some of you are just too high-strung.

no it's clearly the Rider fans that are the problem. Coming in and posting in every thread acting superior like only rider fans can. If it were my call you'd all be hit with the ban hammer.

http://dev.bukkit.org/media/images/33/412/banhammer.png

Not sure they need Boudreaux and don't like moving down in the draft two years in a row.

Riders have had very good late round draft picks the last couple years. Steinheurer, Vonk, Anthony, Moore, Webster, Etc.

Those aren't exactly "very good" picks.

You have to consider where they were picked on the board and the overall quality of the draft.

IMO Taman have been pretty average in draft performance but has shined in free agency. He certainly hasnt been the abject failure at the draft that I feared so that is a good thing.

Anyway, flipping third rounders for fourth rounders doesn't usually amount to a hill of beans as by that point in the draft it is a crapshoot and usually only depth guys being picked.

There are always exceptions (Getzlaf and Bagg for two) but I am more concerned about the neg lister.

I'm considering everything. I'm not asking them to be stellar players, but what makes them good late round draft picks?

Do they stand out in comparison to OTHER late round draft picks? Not really.

They fit right in there with guys like Cam Thorn, Shane Bergman, Elie Ngoyi, Matt McGarva, Derek Jones, Michael Klassen, Neil King, David Menard, Thomas Miles, Alex Dupuis, etc etc. Nothing special, just decent young players who can fit in if necessary. And that's all you can really ask of them. But that doesn't make them VERY good.

Derek Jones takes offence to that.

True. Some of those names, Jones included, probably deserve a bit more credit than I'm giving them. For what it's worth, I think some of those guys (Bergman, Menard and Dupuis) WILL be very good. I'm just not sure they're there yet.

I'll never be accused of being a 'homer' but of all the teams, the bombers have had the most success with late picks - probably in part because these guys get more chance to prove themselves because of our depth issues...

But the percentage of players succeeding who are picked after the 3rd is super low...

Thomas, Filer, Walter, JFG, SInopoli - these guys are few and far between

I agree the win/loss in this deal is likely that neg list player

Not sure they need Boudreaux and don't like moving down in the draft two years in a row.

Riders have had very good late round draft picks the last couple years. Steinheurer, Vonk, Anthony, Moore, Webster, Etc.

You have to consider where they were picked on the board and the overall quality of the draft.

IMO Taman have been pretty average in draft performance but has shined in free agency. He certainly hasnt been the abject failure at the draft that I feared so that is a good thing.

Anyway, flipping third rounders for fourth rounders doesn't usually amount to a hill of beans as by that point in the draft it is a crapshoot and usually only depth guys being picked.

There are always exceptions (Getzlaf and Bagg for two) but I am more concerned about the neg lister.

I'm considering everything. I'm not asking them to be stellar players, but what makes them good late round draft picks?

They fit right in there with guys like Cam Thorn, Shane Bergman, Elie Ngoyi, Matt McGarva, Derek Jones, Michael Klassen, Neil King, David Menard, Thomas Miles, Alex Dupuis, etc etc. Nothing special, just decent young players who can fit in if necessary. And that's all you can really ask of them. But that doesn't make them VERY good.

True. Some of those names, Jones included, probably deserve a bit more credit than I'm giving them. For what it's worth, I think some of those guys (Bergman, Menard and Dupuis) WILL be very good. I'm just not sure they're there yet.

I'll never be accused of being a 'homer' but of all the teams, the bombers have had the most success with late picks - probably in part because these guys get more chance to prove themselves because of our depth issues...

But the percentage of players succeeding who are picked after the 3rd is super low...

To me, the vast majority of guys in the third round and later are depth/special teamers. If Taman was discarding picks outright I would be more concerned but exchanging third rounders for fourth rounders is no big deal.

Any draft pick in the third or later rounds who makes the team has to be considered a pleasant surprise most years.

2015 is supposed to be a deep draft but really flipping a third for a fourth rounder isn't a steep price even in two drafts.

If the Bombers were involved in a deal like this I'd hope they'd be playing the role of the Hamilton Ticats.

For a team like the Bombers acquiring draft picks is pretty important.  For other teams, less important.  Just like in real life, it's tough to get assets if you don't have assets.

Homer.

Any draft pick in the third or later rounds who makes the team has to be considered a pleasant surprise most years.

2015 is supposed to be a deep draft but really flipping a third for a fourth rounder isn't a steep price even in two drafts.

If the Bombers were involved in a deal like this I'd hope they'd be playing the role of the Hamilton Ticats.

For a team like the Bombers acquiring draft picks is pretty important.  For other teams, less important.  Just like in real life, it's tough to get assets if you don't have assets.

The Riders didn't give up draft picks but rather just position. They will have two four rounders instead of a third and fourth rounder in both 2015 and 2016. Not a huge issue. However, if they were giving up picks that is another issue.

for NI depth they are, they all made the roster of a 9-3 team coming off a championship.

for NI depth they are, they all made the roster of a 9-3 team coming off a championship.

You know I was going to make a mocking post about how being on the riders added to their awesomeness as player, obviously, but then you went and made a serious comment stating essentially the same thing so I got nothing. Oh you Rider fans, you are joke. 

It's not the Rider fans that are the problem. It's the fact that every second thread has someone starting a piss match over them that is.

no it's clearly the Rider fans that are the problem. Coming in and posting in every thread acting superior like only rider fans can. If it were my call you'd all be hit with the ban hammer.

And that is precisely why you aren't a mod. You would be that type like M_I_B from the Pens board who willy-nilly bans people just because he doesn't like them, not that they actually broke any rules.

People like that don't deserve to be moderators.

And that is precisely why you aren't a mod. You would be that type like M_I_B from the Pens board who willy-nilly bans people just because he doesn't like them, not that they actually broke any rules.

I have never once had any desire to moderate so it all works out doesn't it? You're all still dragging this place down and need to go. 

Threads don't get closed for football discussion. They get closed when people move away from that and start throwing insults back and forth.

Have patience, the usual suspects will all be gathered soon enough...

Word around town is that Durant should be back in time for playoffs. Sunseri can do well until then if he continues to improve.

Well then, sounds like you guys don't have a care in the world. Just keep skipping thru the fields of marigolds.

Who said that? I'm just stating that Durant should be back & that we have as good a shot at a championship as any other team.

Hey, personal shots are uncalled for on this forum...  just keep it clean please

What?????

Threads don't get closed for football discussion. They get closed when people move away from that and start throwing insults back and forth.

Have patience, the usual suspects will all be gathered soon enough...

Word around town is that Durant should be back in time for playoffs. Sunseri can do well until then if he continues to improve.

Well then, sounds like you guys don't have a care in the world. Just keep skipping thru the fields of marigolds.

Who said that? I'm just stating that Durant should be back & that we have as good a shot at a championship as any other team.

Hey, personal shots are uncalled for on this forum...  just keep it clean please

What?????

Joke. Relax.  Heart pills are on the shelf to the right.

I have never once had any desire to moderate so it all works out doesn't it? You're all still dragging this place down and need to go. 

It's people like you who start pissing matches with the members of the board (not even just Riders fans!) who need to go!

Everything was OK until you picked fights. I never instigated any of it.

You know I was going to make a mocking post about how being on the riders added to their awesomeness as player, obviously, but then you went and made a serious comment stating essentially the same thing so I got nothing. Oh you Rider fans, you are joke.

Well that is rude. My point was the Taman's late round pics made the roster of the championship team that is also having another good year. The point is that the pics must be good if they make the roster of a winning team. Same thing would apply to say a Stamps late round pic.

Everything was OK until you picked fights. I never instigated any of it.

no you just thought that we would love to have a Rider fan around telling us to keep our chins up the team was getting better! As if you have any basis to tell Bomber fans anything about being fans. 

Then get off of our forum then!  :rolleyes:

No no no, it's not a big deal. I do not mind fans from other teams on the forums as long as they respect us. And that is what the fans over riderfans have done and that is what we have done too.

Just like franc said, it helps the forum growth. If anything, it benefits the forum. Be grateful.