Boudreaux Trade

Floyd

Threads don't get closed for football discussion. They get closed when people move away from that and start throwing insults back and forth.

Have patience, the usual suspects will all be gathered soon enough...

Word around town is that Durant should be back in time for playoffs. Sunseri can do well until then if he continues to improve.

Well then, sounds like you guys don't have a care in the world. Just keep skipping thru the fields of marigolds.

Who said that? I'm just stating that Durant should be back & that we have as good a shot at a championship as any other team.

Plus, that's the time when Calgary tanks :)!

Threads don't get closed for football discussion. They get closed when people move away from that and start throwing insults back and forth.

Word around town is that Durant should be back in time for playoffs. Sunseri can do well until then if he continues to improve.

Well then, sounds like you guys don't have a care in the world. Just keep skipping thru the fields of marigolds.

Who said that? I'm just stating that Durant should be back & that we have as good a shot at a championship as any other team.

Pay attention, we've explained to you many times that Calgary tanking was a result of relying on the two biggest fair weather qbs in the league, Burris and Glenn, neither one is in Calgary anymore. Did you happen to see how Burris played in the Grey Cup last year? Everyone knew it was going to happen because it was cold out. Hamilton was fortunate that the east final was in a dome otherwise Burris wouldn't have gotten that team to the Grey Cup at all and the Riders would have had a stiffer test in the Cup. 

Pay attention, we've explained to you many times that Calgary tanking was a result of relying on the two biggest fair weather qbs in the league, Burris and Glenn, neither one is in Calgary anymore. Did you happen to see how Burris played in the Grey Cup last year? Everyone knew it was going to happen because it was cold out. Hamilton was fortunate that the east final was in a dome otherwise Burris wouldn't have gotten that team to the Grey Cup at all and the Riders would have had a stiffer test in the Cup.

It wasn't just the QB. They were no match for our defence. Even Cornish had a whopping 67 rush yards. Wonder what caused that?

Don't forget too that Tate was in for part of the game too. I think they pulled Glenn after a while. Even then, they had plenty of chances to capitalize, but they didn't.

Not sure they need Boudreaux and don't like moving down in the draft two years in a row.

Boudreaux is already good and only 25. He's much younger then the other International defensive ends on the roster. David Lee and Ainsworth are support players/special team guys right now and maybe always.

Yikes what's with all the Rider fans in here? Someone left the barn door open?

You're hilarious. You really shouldn't complain as the over all quality of your forum has improved.

Yes, all the childish bickering around here has really made this place shine. :rolleyes:

You're hilarious. You really shouldn't complain as the over all quality of your forum has improved.

Yes, all the childish bickering around here has really made this place shine. :rolleyes:

Before I joined here I did a bit of "lurking." Blaming childish bickering on recent Rider fans is quite a stretch. All message boards have childish bickering for better or worse.

Taman realizes that ultimately defence wins championships. Edmonton's defence has shown the ability to score any time they are on the field. The last 2 Bomber cups were a result of outstanding defences and average offences that did not turn the ball over.

This move was similar to the Alex Hall move but less costly. The Riders were trying to keep Calgary from Boudreaux as well. Unfortunately without Durant the Riders are a long shot at repeating.

except for the fact that it's a unanimous opinion that the quality has in fact dropped this year. Too much green ruins everything. cflzone used to be a fine place, but then it turned into riderfans pt. 2 and no one bothered to go. You see the only people who can stand Rider fans are other Rider fans, best stick to your own kind and not bother us with your blind homerism. 

except for the fact that it's a unanimous opinion that the quality has in fact dropped this year. Too much green ruins everything. cflzone used to be a fine place, but then it turned into riderfans pt. 2 and no one bothered to go. You see the only people who can stand Rider fans are other Rider fans, best stick to your own kind and not bother us with your blind homerism. 

It's not the Rider fans that are the problem. It's the fact that every second thread has someone starting a piss match over them that is.

Some of you are just too high-strung.

You know, and this isn't directed to one particular person, just a general statement for everybody, but there's something to be said for the individual that's able to be the bigger person and not get suckered into a pissing contest when they are being baited in. Just some food for thought.

As for the trade itself, while the Riders haven't ruled out Durant for the season, I've seen nothing that indicated the team is optimistic, or counting on Durant being ready for the playoffs - merely that it's possible he may be, just as it's technically possible for Ottawa to run the table and win the east, but I don't think anyone is holding their breath for either scenario. With that said, at the moment (and yes it's premature) I'd give Hamilton the edge on the deal as it seems shortsighted to do a deal like this when realistically Durant won't be back.

Taman said on the pregame show last week that Durant gets his cast off soon and the prognosis for a return this season is good.

Flutie had the exact same injury in 1995 & came back after 7 weeks.

You know, and this isn't directed to one particular person, just a general statement for everybody, but there's something to be said for the individual that's able to be the bigger person and not get suckered into a pissing contest when they are being baited in. Just some food for thought.

As for the trade itself, while the Riders haven't ruled out Durant for the season, I've seen nothing that indicated the team is optimistic, or counting on Durant being ready for the playoffs - merely that it's possible he may be, just as it's technically possible for Ottawa to run the table and win the east, but I don't think anyone is holding their breath for either scenario. With that said, at the moment (and yes it's premature) I'd give Hamilton the edge on the deal as it seems shortsighted to do a deal like this when realistically Durant won't be back.

Agreed, many rider fans are also questioning the move. Hilee taylor has been a disappointment . BB is 25 years old and his contract is up at end of the year. If BB shows better than Taylor and resigns in the offseason its a good move for us. I disagree with those who think we gave up too much, late draft picks are a crap shoot IMO anyways. Chick and Foley are both north of 30, doesn't hurt to start looking around a bit.
Boudreaux had a very good GreyCup game last year, 7tackles, 1 sack, & a forced fumble. Chamblin likes what he sees.

Not sure they need Boudreaux and don't like moving down in the draft two years in a row.

Riders have had very good late round draft picks the last couple years. Steinheurer, Vonk, Anthony, Moore, Webster, Etc.

Those aren't exactly "very good" picks.

You have to consider where they were picked on the board and the overall quality of the draft.

IMO Taman have been pretty average in draft performance but has shined in free agency. He certainly hasnt been the abject failure at the draft that I feared so that is a good thing.

Anyway, flipping third rounders for fourth rounders doesn't usually amount to a hill of beans as by that point in the draft it is a crapshoot and usually only depth guys being picked.

There are always exceptions (Getzlaf and Bagg for two) but I am more concerned about the neg lister.

Riders have had very good late round draft picks the last couple years. Steinheurer, Vonk, Anthony, Moore, Webster, Etc.

You have to consider where they were picked on the board and the overall quality of the draft.

IMO Taman have been pretty average in draft performance but has shined in free agency. He certainly hasnt been the abject failure at the draft that I feared so that is a good thing.

Anyway, flipping third rounders for fourth rounders doesn't usually amount to a hill of beans as by that point in the draft it is a crapshoot and usually only depth guys being picked.

There are always exceptions (Getzlaf and Bagg for two) but I am more concerned about the neg lister.

I'm considering everything. I'm not asking them to be stellar players, but what makes them good late round draft picks?

Do they stand out in comparison to OTHER late round draft picks? Not really.

They fit right in there with guys like Cam Thorn, Shane Bergman, Elie Ngoyi, Matt McGarva, Derek Jones, Michael Klassen, Neil King, David Menard, Thomas Miles, Alex Dupuis, etc etc. Nothing special, just decent young players who can fit in if necessary. And that's all you can really ask of them. But that doesn't make them VERY good.

I'm considering everything. I'm not asking them to be stellar players, but what makes them good late round draft picks?

They fit right in there with guys like Cam Thorn, Shane Bergman, Elie Ngoyi, Matt McGarva, Derek Jones, Michael Klassen, Neil King, David Menard, Thomas Miles, Alex Dupuis, etc etc. Nothing special, just decent young players who can fit in if necessary. And that's all you can really ask of them. But that doesn't make them VERY good.

Derek Jones takes offence to that.

Derek Jones takes offence to that.

True. Some of those names, Jones included, probably deserve a bit more credit than I'm giving them. For what it's worth, I think some of those guys (Bergman, Menard and Dupuis) WILL be very good. I'm just not sure they're there yet.

It's not the Rider fans that are the problem. It's the fact that every second thread has someone starting a piss match over them that is.

Some of you are just too high-strung.

no it's clearly the Rider fans that are the problem. Coming in and posting in every thread acting superior like only rider fans can. If it were my call you'd all be hit with the ban hammer.