Boudreaux Trade

Floyd

http://www.cfl.ca/article/riders-acquire-boudreaux-in-trade-with-ticats

Feels like Taman may have won another one... Boudreaux is a very very good DL - at the very least, this is a decent trade for both teams

Trading Sask's 3rd for Hammies 4ths is a deal - even if it just seems like a 'depth' trade right now

Wish we had pulled this one off.

Hefty price to pay for a team that isn't winning the Grey Cup.

I dunno doesn't seem like much of a payment on Tamans part. Get a pretty decent DE in exchange for trading down  a round in 2 drafts, that's a value deal. Not sure why the Riders felt they needed to make that move though, DL wasn't exactly their weak spot. 

http://www.cfl.ca/article/riders-acquire-boudreaux-in-trade-with-ticats

Feels like Taman may have won another one... Boudreaux is a very very good DL - at the very least, this is a decent trade for both teams

Trading Sask's 3rd for Hammies 4ths is a deal - even if it just seems like a 'depth' trade right now

Wish we had pulled this one off.

we dont really need another import DE at the moment, we have lots on our lineup - Vega, Peach, Fraser, Moseley, Booker and Gibson.

what we need is a bigger/heavier DT since we lost Anderson.

Who isn't winning the GreyCup?

Sounds like a solid depth move from the Riders. Also given that it's late round swaps is irrelevent imo b/c Taman has had some very good late round draft pics recently.

Saskatchewan.

I realize this is the inevitable first step towards what will become a locked thread.

They have a pretty good team that will not win the cup this year because their starting QB is gone for the season.

Winnipeg also won't win the cup this year.  We have a pretty good team that is missing talent in a few areas and depth in a lot of areas.

These aren't insults.  They are assessments devoid of rivalry issues.

The trade?  A 3rd rounder in 2015 has comparable value to a second rounder in 2014.  Teams that have lots of assets can afford to make moves like that.  If the Bombers did that I'd be concerned.  Easy to shrug it off when these picks don't have any names attached to them yet, but come draft day there will be some sting felt by their absence.

Saskatchewan.

I realize this is the inevitable first step towards what will become a locked thread.

They have a pretty good team that will not win the cup this year because their starting QB is gone for the season.

Winnipeg also won't win the cup this year.  We have a pretty good team that is missing talent in a few areas and depth in a lot of areas.

The trade?  A 3rd rounder in 2015 has comparable value to a second rounder in 2014.  Teams that have lots of assets can afford to make moves like that.  If the Bombers did that I'd be concerned.  Easy to shrug it off when these picks don't have any names attached to them yet, but come draft day there will be some sting felt by their absence.

I'd shrug it off, as it is a depth move. 

Saskatchewan has some holes on the roster that are covered up by the dominance of the defensive line and the running game.  This move doesn't solve this.

Saskatchewan.

Winnipeg also won't win the cup this year. We have a pretty good team that is missing talent in a few areas and depth in a lot of areas.

These aren't insults. They are assessments devoid of rivalry issues.

The trade? A 3rd rounder in 2015 has comparable value to a second rounder in 2014. Teams that have lots of assets can afford to make moves like that. If the Bombers did that I'd be concerned. Easy to shrug it off when these picks don't have any names attached to them yet, but come draft day there will be some sting felt by their absence.

Word around town is that Durant should be back in time for playoffs. Sunseri can do well until then if he continues to improve.

Threads don't get closed for football discussion. They get closed when people move away from that and start throwing insults back and forth.

Have patience, the usual suspects will all be gathered soon enough...

Word around town is that Durant should be back in time for playoffs. Sunseri can do well until then if he continues to improve.

Well then, sounds like you guys don't have a care in the world.  Just keep skipping thru the fields of marigolds.

Threads don't get closed for football discussion. They get closed when people move away from that and start throwing insults back and forth.

Well then, sounds like you guys don't have a care in the world. Just keep skipping thru the fields of marigolds.

Who said that? I'm just stating that Durant should be back & that we have as good a shot at a championship as any other team.

Well then, sounds like you guys don't have a care in the world. Just keep skipping thru the fields of marigolds.

Who said that? I'm just stating that Durant should be back & that we have as good a shot at a championship as any other team.

Hey, personal shots are uncalled for on this forum...  just keep it clean please

Hey, personal shots are uncalled for on this forum... just keep it clean please

What personal shot?

You know, and this isn't directed to one particular person, just a general statement for everybody, but there's something to be said for the individual that's able to be the bigger person and not get suckered into a pissing contest when they are being baited in. Just some food for thought.

As for the trade itself, while the Riders haven't ruled out Durant for the season, I've seen nothing that indicated the team is optimistic, or counting on Durant being ready for the playoffs - merely that it's possible he may be, just as it's technically possible for Ottawa to run the table and win the east, but I don't think anyone is holding their breath for either scenario. With that said, at the moment (and yes it's premature) I'd give Hamilton the edge on the deal as it seems shortsighted to do a deal like this when realistically Durant won't be back.

Even if Durant is healthy for the playoffs, how effective will he be? Coming in cold with what kind of recovery on his elbow? No I wouldn't count on him coming in to save the day. What I read was that best case scenario he's able to play in the playoffs, but didn't sound like something that was for sure. I also wonder if that best case scenario might not have been a little less optimistic had Sunseri not played like complete ****. 

You know, and this isn't directed to one particular person, just a general statement for everybody, but there's something to be said for the individual that's able to be the bigger person and not get suckered into a pissing contest when they are being baited in. Just some food for thought.

As for the trade itself, while the Riders haven't ruled out Durant for the season, I've seen nothing that indicated the team is optimistic, or counting on Durant being ready for the playoffs - merely that it's possible he may be, just as it's technically possible for Ottawa to run the table and win the east, but I don't think anyone is holding their breath for either scenario. With that said, at the moment (and yes it's premature) I'd give Hamilton the edge on the deal as it seems shortsighted to do a deal like this when realistically Durant won't be back.

Agreed, many rider fans are also questioning the move. Hilee taylor has been a disappointment . BB is 25 years old and his contract is up at end of the year. If BB shows better than Taylor and resigns in the offseason its a good move for us. I disagree with those who think we gave up too much, late draft picks are a crap shoot IMO anyways. Chick and Foley are both north of 30, doesn't hurt to start looking around a bit.

Hey Migs, is the "word around town" really that Durant is likely to be back for the playoffs? All we have heard from the national and local Saskatchewan media is that is technically possible but a longshot. I don't think there is any basis in reality to think that there is anything more than an outside chance of his return. If reports of his chances to return have been upgraded to probable then please provide a link to share with us. Until then, I, and the rest of the free world outside of Saskatchewan should consider this some extremely wishful thinking from a member(s) of a fan base who know their Grey Cup chances went down the toilet when he got injured.

Saskatchewan.

They haven't guaranteed yet that Durant will miss the playoffs as well. He could be back by then.