Top 10 CIS prospects for 2015 CFL draft

gbill2004

Depending on where we pick, I think i'd lean towards OLINE and Dline in this years draft. I'd love to get Demski but don't think that's likely with how poorly other teams have been playing, I don't see demski dropping to below 5 and i don't see any eastern teams finishing with a better record than the bombers plus Our National depth at receiver is pretty strong and NO, we are not trading Watson, people should just stop saying that already, it's not going to happen.

BEST oline or dline available in my opinion. 

Okay so I dug into it ...

I was able to come up with two guesses for players Forde was referring to.

OL Josiah St. John from Oklahoma and RB Shaq Murray-Lawrence from UNLV.

Josiah St. John is a 2016 Draft Class but Shaq Murray-Lawrence is part of the 2015 class. Why he wasn't in the Top 20 is up for debate. 

Depending on where we pick, I think i'd lean towards OLINE and Dline in this years draft. I'd love to get Demski but don't think that's likely with how poorly other teams have been playing, I don't see demski dropping to below 5 and i don't see any eastern teams finishing with a better record than the bombers plus Our National depth at receiver is pretty strong and NO, we are not trading Watson, people should just stop saying that already, it's not going to happen.

BEST oline or dline available in my opinion. 

I think If we finish 5th in the west, it doesn't matter what our record is, we will be one of two teams not making the playoffs so we will be picking second overall no?

• 2 months later...

20. Ettore Lattanzio, DL, Ottawa

19. Jake Harty, WR, Calgary

18. Ese Mrabure-Ajufo, DL, Laurier

17. Byron Archambault, LB, Montreal

16. Adam Konar, LB, Calgary

15. Brandon Tennant, DL, Laval

14. Karl Lavoie, OL, Laval

13. Dillon Guy, OL, Buffalo

12. Chris Ackie, DB, Laurier

11. Nic Shortill, LB, McMaster

10. Jacob Ruby, OL, Richmond

9. Addison Richards, WR, Regina

8. Danny Groulx, OL, Laval

7. Sukh Chungh, OL, Calgary

6. Sean McEwen, OL, Calgary

5. Nic Demski, WR, Manitoba

4. Tyler Varga, RB, Yale

3. Daryl Waud, DL, Western

2. Alex Mateas, OL, UConn

1. Brett Boyko, OL, UNLV

Not surprised Adam Konar cracked the top 20, he had a pretty strong run in the postseason with Calgary and he was fringe top 20 already.

Between him, Archambault and Chris Ackie, there are some pretty intriguing LB prospects out there. I think eventually all 3 of them could leapfrog Shortill on draft boards.

I think, I'm starting to fade away from Demski as my #2 overall choice.

The thing to keep in mind is that the rankings mean very little going forward until the draft. People will use them as law in discussions on forums, but the reality of the situation is this list is formed by the rankings submitted by the nine front offices in the CFL and teams are going to be deceptive with a purpose as we get closer to draft day.

The thing to keep in mind is that the rankings mean very little going forward until the draft. People will use them as law in discussions on forums, but the reality of the situation is this list is formed by the rankings submitted by the nine front offices in the CFL and teams are going to be deceptive with a purpose as we get closer to draft day.

Yep. But if the Bombers are hoping to have an OL that is comparable to the Als, the Stamps and the Riders, I think this pool is the best chance to expedite that process. A couple of top picks OL combined with a stud OL picked up in the free agency, I think it's not impossible for the team to field 5 national OL next year.

Yep. But if the Bombers are hoping to have an OL that is comparable to the Als, the Stamps and the Riders, I think this pool is the best chance to expedite that process. A couple of top picks OL combined with a stud OL picked up in the free agency, I think it's not impossible for the team to field 5 national OL next year.

There really would be no sense in using 5 Canadian offensive linemen next year. Especially considering none of these top tier prospects are strong options at tackle. Alex Mateas has played center and only center for UConn ... last time he played tackle was in the CJFL. Chungh and McEwen in Calgary are guards. Danny Groulx ... maybe but I'm not banking on him (or Dillon Guy or Jacob Ruby) being contributors at tackle in year one.

There really would be no sense in using 5 Canadian offensive linemen next year. Especially considering none of these top tier prospects are strong options at tackle. Alex Mateas has played center and only center for UConn ... last time he played tackle was in the CJFL. Chungh and McEwen in Calgary are guards. Danny Groulx ... maybe but I'm not banking on him (or Dillon Guy or Jacob Ruby) being contributors at tackle in year one.

Yup. To expect us to run with 5 national o-lineman barring massive injuries to our tackles is a pipe dream..

We would manage to either regress development, kill Willy or Marve or whomever is left back there and probably have a comparible or worse line to this last season..

Yup. To expect us to run with 5 national o-lineman barring massive injuries to our tackles is a pipe dream..

We would manage to either regress development, kill Willy or Marve or whomever is left back there and probably have a comparible or worse line to this last season..

Not sure it even makes sense.  It's just an old-school mentality.  Canadians aren't as good, put them somewhere where their screw-ups do the least amount of damage.  Yeah, Oline, all they have to do is stand there and block.

Until your starting QB is on the shelf for the rest of the season.  The days of the Oline as non-skill players is long in the past.  What they do matters.

And from a dollars and cents perspective, a top quality starting NI tackle has become the second most expensive player in today's market, only behind a starting QB (and Heenan is setting himself up come February for a salary higher than Crompton's I'm guessing).

Get all the best NI's we can on this roster and let the rest sort itself out.  If that happens to be 5 on the line someday, so be it, but that is not necessarily the "best" option.  It's just an option.

Not sure it even makes sense.  It's just an old-school mentality.  Canadians aren't as good, put them somewhere where their screw-ups do the least amount of damage.  Yeah, Oline, all they have to do is stand there and block.

Until your starting QB is on the shelf for the rest of the season.  The days of the Oline as non-skill players is long in the past.  What they do matters.

And from a dollars and cents perspective, a top quality starting NI tackle has become the second most expensive player in today's market, only behind a starting QB (and Heenan is setting himself up come February for a salary higher than Crompton's I'm guessing).

Get all the best NI's we can on this roster and let the rest sort itself out.  If that happens to be 5 on the line someday, so be it, but that is not necessarily the "best" option.  It's just an option.

I agree.. One day, IF the talent allows for it, and IF it's in our best interests then give'er but don't kill ourselves or other positions to try and get there..

• 3 weeks later...