Jets Sign Frolik - 1 Year, $3.3 Million

Working on a long term deal, can't sign it until after January 1st, both sides wanted to AVOID arbitration because arbitration can and does get ugly. Maybe he signs, maybe he doesn't, gut tells me though that he will sign a long term extension coming January 1st. Based on Chevys conference call and what Walsh has said, i think it's just a matter of time before he is signed long term. Chevy said 5 years is what they are both hoping for. 

Wow, cheap.  I would have liked to see a 3-4 year deal but whatever works...  Frolik should have gone to arbitration - he would have got a lot more.

The optimist in me looks at Frolik signing this deal as evidence he wants to be here and good faith that the Jets will make it up to him.

Since they cant extend until January this gives Frolik all the power to control his destiny.  If he stumbles, then the numbers they talked about in the long term negotiation will be closer to what the Jets want to pay.  If he lights it up, he's going to get the money he wants.