Rapid Rebuild

BigBlue

I see various amounts of optimism and pessimism on this forum .... woes of our weaknesses expounded and glee about our new bright spots

What I am the happiest about is the new structure of leadership,  player management and talent search .... salivating really I am .... what ever bumps and bruises we have to endure in the short run I believe our long term prospects have never been better in decades 

Decades is a bit much...  its only about ten years ago we had the best receiving core, top OL and one of the best QBs in the league

And then we hit 10 years of going Winnipeg cheap and hiring buddies...  so I agree, I like this structure

The "decades" pat aside I agree with you. I just think it's going to take a while. The 3-0 start obscured that a bit. I would be thrilled with a cross over spot this year.

Next year, a little bit better. Then, hopefully a long long run of contention.

The "decades" pat aside I agree with you. I just think it's going to take a while. The 3-0 start obscured that a bit. I would be thrilled with a cross over spot this year.

We had that great Khari team in 2001 (?) but we have not had a dominating team since the late 1980's ... just a good year here and there ... we are on the way to building a dynasty

We had that great Khari team in 2001 (?) but we have not had a dominating team since the late 1980's ... just a good year here and there ... we are on the way to building a dynasty

the 01 team was dominant, the 02 team might have been better but ran into injuries in playoffs and a rookie Ricky Ray taking the league by storm. 03 they were a good team as well, hosted a playoff game. I think that counts as a good stretch of seasons, they just panicked too soon and canned the coach. 

the 01 team was dominant, the 02 team might have been better but ran into injuries in playoffs and a rookie Ricky Ray taking the league by storm. 03 they were a good team as well, hosted a playoff game. I think that counts as a good stretch of seasons, they just panicked too soon and canned the coach. 

Those were good years ...

But a dynasty would have won one or two Grey Cups ... we have to go to the `1980's to qualify ... or the late 1950's early 1960's

2007 was a pretty good and balanced team as well. We were dominant in the trenches, Glenn was playing well, best receiving corps in the league by far, Charlie was still playing well, real good LBrs and a pretty good secondary.

To bad they all collectively fell off a cliff the following year