Montreal @ BC

Brandon, on 19 Jul 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Yet smith tossed for 300 and 3 TD against is

Our defense has some issues.  I mean, I wouldn't say they've been terrible, maybe even slightly better than last year's, I don't know, but they've struggled at times around here.  They didn't give up a ton of points, and 7 of Edmonton's came off of that interception return td, but they allowed Edmonton to stay on the field an awful lot and didn't create all that many opportunities for the O.

That being said, how Smith played against us has no effect on the upcoming game.  Gonna be up to our O to get back on track to help our D out.

I think the Bombers need to worry about Harris and Logan, that tandem is going to pose a big challenge for the LB's

I noticed when Black is teamed with Suitor he "chatters" far less.  I guess this has something to do with Suitor filling more airspace than Duane Forde.  So I think it's fare to blame Forde for Black's verbal diarrhea.  As for Lapo. on the panel I can't wait for Schultzie to return.

I'm worried about how easily BC beat up on Montreal and how much trouble we had with them.  Smith had a really bad game and was of course inaccurate, but BC's defence completely shut them down.  BC's offense scored almost at will even with the backup QB in.  Harris and Login could kill us.

The funnier thing is that he has 45 yards passing... 29 was to a blind pass to Stafford....  outside of that one big pass he had 16 yards in 3 quarters....  that's insane!  

i also thought Dinwiddie called a very predictable run on first down and short pass on 2nd down game.  

The funnier thing is that he has 45 yards passing... 29 was to a blind pass to Stafford....  outside of that one big pass he had 16 yards in 3 quarters....  that's insane!  

i also thought Dinwiddie called a very predictable run on first down and short pass on 2nd down game.  

Know what's even scarier, they almost had double the points we did (5 vs 3). How do you get that many (?) points with that kind of offensive (read Ohhhfensive) offense. Last week was Troy Smith's best game ever in the CFL (and his receivers made some great plays too), this week not so much. 

I said three things before the season started:

1. Smith wouldn't make it to Labour Day (and I wondered if he's last as long as Hawkins did). I've seen nothing to make me change my mind

2. Edmonton would get a Cross over spot but only if

3. Montreal didn't release Smith to late and brought in a QB like say Drew Tate to right the ship. 

But TBH, don't think it will happen this year. I think Montreal will ride Smith out as they have no choice, though he may lose his job to Marsh by Labour Day. Next year Smith will be back in the US doing promo engagements with his Heisman Trophy, and Drew Tate will be in Montreal. 

They fired Worman. Bad move. The Als are paying the price now.

Sack your OC in camp = Your season is done. Yes Smith is playing some awful football but he looked much better last season (yes the completion percentage was low but he still led his team to wins) and would have beaten Hamilton in the playoffs had the official known what pass interference is. Montreal is a train wreck right now because of how they fumbled things in the off season and that's carrying forward.

My understanding it was Popp's move to fire Worman & not Higgins. I also understand that some of the players didn't like the way Worman treated them so they were happy when he got canned. Well, I think we can see why  Worman was tough on them. Tough love to make them better football players. He was being a coach. Having a beer in a meeting shouldn't have resulted in a firing. A talking to, a fine & maybe some counselling but a firing? 

I don't think you can compare our game against Montreal to this one. Montreal's defense wasn't as aggressive against BC as they were against us. 

My understanding it was Popp's move to fire Worman & not Higgins. I also understand that some of the players didn't like the way Worman treated them so they were happy when he got canned. Well, I think we can see why  Worman was tough on them. Tough love to make them better football players. He was being a coach. Having a beer in a meeting shouldn't have resulted in a firing. A talking to, a fine & maybe some counselling but a firing? 

It wasn't just players. I believe it was Zurkowsky who said that some of the other coaches didn't like the way Worman treated them.

I liked how Suitor pointed out the enigmatic Chad Johnson, and on the next play (it was a quick slant) Johnson didn't even break on the snap of the ball. The ball was snapped and it was almost two seconds before Johnson started moving, then when the pass was completed, he almost looked like he was going to block but then said 'fack it' and didn't bother. I don't know how much he gets paid, but if I'm a player on that roster and see what Chad is doing I'm thinking "why should I try if he's not"? I think Johnson is turnting into a cancer - and if the Al's are smart they'll release him prior to Labour Day (maybe when Duron Carter comes back?)

I don't think you can compare our game against Montreal to this one. Montreal's defense wasn't as aggressive against BC as they were against us. 

It wasn't just players. I believe it was Zurkowsky who said that some of the other coaches didn't like the way Worman treated them.

Well, they got what they all wished for. They'll be looking for work at the end of the season. Firing should always be the last option, especially for coordinators. You can't tell me the situation couldn't have been handled differently. Higgins calls in Worman, asks what the problem is, Higgins tells Worman of the concerns expressed, they talk about the problems & then work on a solution. If after that, things don't improve then you make a change. But fire Worman at training camp & dump everything into Dinwiddie's lap was/is a recipe for failure. 

Well, they got what they all wished for. They'll be looking for work at the end of the season. Firing should always be the last option, especially for coordinators. You can't tell me the situation couldn't have been handled differently. Higgins calls in Worman, asks what the problem is, Higgins tells Worman of the concerns expressed, they talk about the problems & then work on a solution. If after that, things don't improve then you make a change. But fire Worman at training camp & dump everything into Dinwiddie's lap was/is a recipe for failure. 

Hey that sounds easy!...wonder why they didn't think of that?

Montreal @ BC

1st of all was Montreal ever in BC?

I guess until 2:12 left in the half, then the blocked punt, and eventual TD….game over.

Arceneaux = dominant - 3TDs

BC looks pro-active, in their play calling - not reactive…and it worked.

Nice mix of Harris and Logan and some slants.

Pass protection mostly good for BC, and Glenn was quick.

Harris, when he wasn't running, blocked well.

Montreal only had Whitaker, then they took him out of it.

No London. no Green ….absolutely no Johnson…seems he was 3 hours behind and I don't mean Time Zone. - 45 yards passing total

Brutal play calling and execution.

The Hyde/Smith came out on Sat….he was atrocious and they waited until the 4th to change him? Nuts.

Obviously they had nothing to use on BC. - didn't get that easy int. for a TD to boost them.

BC's big 3 on O, Logan, Harris and Arceneaux looked good but I real can't say if BC's D had a good game or not….as they weren't really tested.

I don't see BC having as easy a time with Winnipeg next week, but then again, I thought Montreal's front 7 would feast on BC this week.

Hope next week's episode of Under the Dome has a better ending for us.

Hey that sounds easy!...wonder why they didn't think of that?

Who knows what they did? Sounds like it was more of a lynch mob mentality to get rid of Worman. 

Finally had a chance to watch the BC-Montreal game- it looked like a total mismatch. The only thing BC missed was remembering to kick sand in the faces of the Alouettes, and Smith, if anything, was worse in his reads and executions than he was in the first three games.Smith looked like he didn't have a clue and the rest of the team looked like the Bombers did last year under the sad assortments of quarterbacks we had. The Alouettes gave every indication that they didn't expect to win right from the kickoff.

Troy Smith made plays at QB last season. Key word is plays.

Those quarterbacks never last. Collaros is in that same boat. Don't trust a QB who makes his best plays be scrambling away from a sack and throwing it 20 yards downfield.

Smith is inaccurate, inconsistent, and shouldn't be a starter in this league, the Arena League, or even the Semi-Pro Indoor League.

Lions D certainly didn't have to play really well but even when Smith was accurate the Lions coverage was good and often resulted in a knock down.  The Als were able to run the ball reasonably when they did and this could be the Lions weakness on D.  It will really depend on which Lions O shows up.  The one from the last 2 weeks or the one from the first 2 weeks.  IMHO that will dictate how the game this week goes.

Pretty sure I bring a beer into the wrong meeting (or even most meetings) and I wouldn't be shocked to be clearing out my desk soon thereafter

Pretty sure I bring a beer into the wrong meeting (or even most meetings) and I wouldn't be shocked to be clearing out my desk soon thereafter

To me, that's not a firing offense. It's a WTH moment but not that. Coming to the meeting drunk or high is.