Report Marcel Bellefeuille Being Brought In As A Consultant

Jpan85

So then why exactly did Hamilton get rid of him?

The conventional wisdom was players, especially imports, did not see him as credible. Liked him, listened to him but wouldnt go to the "next level" for him.

Would have fired him anyway when Cortez became availalbe whom they were courting.

This is a very good move, he will be consulting on more than just the offense.

A quick google of Marcel shows he's an upgrade over Crowton.

I also think he will also be here to consult with Burke as he has  head coach experience.

Agreed good move.

(my 1rst post)

What OC doesn't get run out of just about every place he goes?  Fans are always going to blame the coordinators.  Seems like your genius as an OC goes pretty much hand in hand twith the talent of your QB.  Truth be told if I were Marcel I would stay away from this mess.  He's only going to end up with a worse reputation.  Wait till the end of the year and then some team will come knocking. 

We need to upgrade the OL & qb before we can win on a consistent basis. Our blocking for the run & passing game just isn't good enough.  If Justin Goltz is the best qb out there, the losing is going to contnue for a long time. From what I've seen so far, Elliott would have been the better choice than Goltz. And that is why Mack is gone. Mack said  he was gonna fix it. Yeah, he fixed it alright. More like screwed us...

Like I said, if Goltz is our best option, we are in trouble. Neither is Buck... #notabeliever #thanksfornuthinmack

This is one of the reasons we haven't developed a QB. We have to give them time. Maybe Goltz pans out, maybe he doesn't. But you are going to have to play him more to find out.

This is one of the reasons we haven't developed a QB. We have to give them time. Maybe Goltz pans out, maybe he doesn't. But you are going to have to play him more to find out.

Exactly, and put a decent Oline in front of him.  I think he will pan out.  I think he's just making some rookie mistakes right now, but with experience that will go way.  He's got a nice strong arm and and is really mobile.  He's got the tools, he just needs some coaching and experience.

Michael Bishop had a great arm and that was mobile too. How did that pan out? Goltz is inaccurate, can't read a defence, and his footwork makes Tim Tebow look like Peyton Manning.

Actually I think he reads defenses well.  Footwork's decent, not great.  We need more time to judge the accuracy.