Introduce Yourself

Rich

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

No, it sucks. It looks and operates like a Geocities site from 1998. 

This is THE place to be if you're a Bombers diehard.

Should be thankful that there are enough Bomber fans around to be able to support two sites.  Not every CFL city has that support.  People having options of what they prefer is never a bad thing.   

2 minutes ago, Blue In Vancouver said:

I post on OB as Blue In BC. For some reason I couldn't use my normal handle here. Regardless, it's good to be able to get some useful Bomber information while the other site is down. I would like to be able to correct my handle over here if possible?

Is it possible you've made an account here in the past under that handle?

8 minutes ago, Blue In Vancouver said:

I post on OB as Blue In BC. For some reason I couldn't use my normal handle here. Regardless, it's good to be able to get some useful Bomber information while the other site is down. I would like to be able to correct my handle over here if possible?

There was a Blue in BC account created December 2019.  

https://www.morningbigblue.com/community/profile/3193-blue-in-bc/content/

I could merge the accounts, if you would possibly remember the email address you used on the other account just to validate (can PM it to me).  If not, it doesn't look like that other account has been active since Jan 2020.  I could rename it so this one could pick the name.

28 minutes ago, Rich said:

There was a Blue in BC account created December 2019.  

https://www.morningbigblue.com/community/profile/3193-blue-in-bc/content/

I could merge the accounts, if you would possibly remember the email address you used on the other account just to validate (can PM it to me).  If not, it doesn't look like that other account has been active since Jan 2020.  I could rename it so this one could pick the name.

Thanks for the change.

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I've been posting at both for years. It's just more Bomber talk. 

I like both forums. They both offer something different and both have good conversations going.

I just get a laugh at certain people implying this forum has more “hardcore football” talk, especially when the guy saying it is the biggest surface level homer here 😂

• 1 month later...

Hi. I used to post on ourbombers like maybe a decade ago. Good friends with Noeller and 17to85 (not even 100% sure that's their handles here). 

Today I'm mostly a big video nerd. I record all the games and save them. Been doing that since 2006. Been trying to get my hands on as much stuff since before then as possible too. Gotta love youtube. 

16 hours ago, Coorsman said:

Hi. I used to post on ourbombers like maybe a decade ago. Good friends with Noeller and 17to85 (not even 100% sure that's their handles here). 

Today I'm mostly a big video nerd. I record all the games and save them. Been doing that since 2006. Been trying to get my hands on as much stuff since before then as possible too. Gotta love youtube. 

Welcome aboard- you are in good company here.

• 1 month later...
On 2023-08-06 at 9:50 PM, Coorsman said:

We won't hold that against you.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

• 2 months later...

Hello all!!!

I hope this message finds you all well. My name is Taylor Ribbins, and I am reaching out to this community with a special request. My father, Peter Daniel Ribbins, was a receiver/defensive for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers from 1971 to 1976. Sadly my father passed away 12 December 2010. 

As Christmas approaches, I am on heartfelt mission to create a sentimental gift for my Mother and siblings by compiling a collection of memories, footage, pictures, and/or newspaper clippings from my father's football days with the Blue Bombers. 

If anyone has any material or know of potential sources that could help me in this endeavor, I would be eternally grateful!! 

Many thanks
Taylor Ribbins